(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Mr. Heckles: What do you want?
干嘛?
Monica: Mr. Heckles, our friend lost a monkey. Have you seen it?
Heckles先生,我们朋友遗失了一只猴子,你看见了吗?
Mr. Heckles: I left a Belgian waffle out here, did you take it?
我放了威化饼在这儿,是不是你拿了?
Monica: No!
不!
Phoebe: Why would you leave your Belgian waffle in the hall?
你为什么把威化饼放在走廊?
Mr. Heckles: I wasn't ready for it.
我还不想吃。
Monica: A monkey. Have you seen a monkey?
一只猴子。你看见一只猴子了吗?
Mr. Heckles: Saw Regis Philbin once...
我见到过一次Regis Philbin……
Phoebe: Okay, thank you, Mr. Heckles.
谢谢你,Heckles先生。
Mr. Heckles: You owe me a waffle.
你们欠我威化饼。
Rachel: Okay, he's a, he's a black capuchian monkey with a white face ...with, with Russian dressing and, and pickles on the side. Okay. Thanks.
他是一只白脸的黑卷尾猴……加俄国酱外加腌黄瓜。好,谢谢!
Ross: Hey. How did, uh, how did it go today?
今天过得如何?
Rachel: Great! It went great. Really great. Hey, is that wine?
很好啊,很好啊,真的很不错.那是酒吗?
Ross: Yeah. You, uh, you want some?
是的,想喝吗?
Rachel: Oh, I would love some. But you know what? You know what? Let's not drink it here. I'm feeling kinda crazy. You wanna go to Newark?
可是我们别在这儿喝,我感觉有点疯狂,我们去纽华克好吗?
Ross: Uh, okay, yeah, we could do that, but before we head off to the murder capital of the NorthEast, I was, uh, kinda wanting to run something by you.You know how we were, uh, you know, talking before about, uh, relationships and stuff? Well.
当然可以去,前往这东北犯罪首府之前。我有些话想说。你知道,我们曾谈过……感情的问题。
Rachel: Oh God, Ross, I cannot do this.
Ross,我受不了了!
Ross: Okay, quick and painful.
你回绝得倒是很快嘛。
Rachel: Oh God... Okay. Alright. Alright. Okay. Ross, please don't hate me.
哦,上帝啊!好吧,好吧。Ross,别恨我。
Ross: Oh, what? Whatwhat?
到底是什么?
Rachel: Y'know Marcel?
Marcel它……
Ross: ...Yeah?
嗯?
Rachel: Well, I kind of... I kind of lost him.
我把它……弄丢了
Ross: I I I ca I can't believe this. I mean, all I asked you to do was keep him in the apartment.
我真不敢相信,我只是麻烦你别让它跑出去。
Rachel: I know, I know, I'm sorry
我知道,我知道,对不起。
Ross: No, y'know what, I guess it's partially my fault. Y'know, I shouldn't've, uh, asked you to start off with a monkey. I should've started you off with like a pen or a pencil.
不,我该负一半的责任。我不该叫你照顾猴子,应该叫你照顾笔才对。
Rachel: Ross, I'm doing everything that I can, I've got everybody looking for him, and I, Oh! Who is it?
Ross,我已尽最大的努力,我已叫大家分头去找。是谁?
影片介绍
Rachel得知Barry和她的前伴娘(也是她最好的朋友)Mindy订婚:她决心重新开始约会男人,于是Ross想开口约她。正当他寻求适当的机会开口时,Rachel却在帮他照看猴子时把Marcel弄丢了,两人关系因此出现裂痕。大家去找猴子,Mr. Heckles却牛头不对马嘴地说,他丢了一包饼干,他猴子没见过只见过一次Regis Philbin(电视节目《百万富翁》的主持人。)
重点讲解
背景知识:
1. Beligian waffle: 比利时威化饼
2. Regis Philbin: 吉斯·菲尔宾,这是著名的电视节目主持人,曾主持《百万富翁》节目。
3. capuchian monkey: 一种产于中美洲的猴子
4. Russian dressing: 俄式调味酱
重点词组:
1. head off: 出发;阻止
eg. We head off into the passage, bent over like trolls under the low ceiling.
我们沿着通道弯腰前进着,好像巨人来到了矮人国的建筑里。
eg. Without global targets and standards, all this may not be enough to head off climate change.
没有全球化的目标和标准 ,以上所有这些对于阻止气候变化来说可能都是不够的。
2. start off with: 使某人开始(进行某事)此处引申为:照顾
eg. I want to start off with the wrong theory of the emotions.
我想从错误情感理论开始讲起。
eg. I'll start off with a sample of bindings in action.
我先从一个实际的绑定示例开始。
3. leave out: 遗落
eg. A liar may leave out pronouns and speak in a monotonoustone.
撒谎者会省去代名词,并且以一个音调说话。
eg. Don't leave out any necessary information on your application.
你在申请单上不要遗漏任何必要的资讯。
4. move off: 离开
eg. How easily could someone move off the project?
某人能轻而易举地离开项目吗?
eg. Why, then, move off your couch and risk the ennui of the real world?
但是为什么你会离开你的床去冒险经历现实世界的无聊呢?
经典口语:
1. I'm doing everything that I can.
我已尽最大的努力。
do/try one's best= do everything that I can 尽最大努力
2. I mean, all I asked you to do was keep him in the apartment.
我只是麻烦你别让它跑出去。
keep sth in one place 照看东西不要离开这个地方