《老友记》视听精讲第170期:体育课的旧事又重演了
日期:2012-11-14 09:39

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Monica: What do you think?
你们怎么认为?
Phoebe: Lots of things.
很多。
Rachel: Which one do you think she is?
你认为是哪一个?
Teacher: May I help you?
我能帮你们什么吗?
Monica: Oh, no thanks, we're just here to observe.
我们是来参观的。
Teacher: You don't observe a dance class. You dance a dance class. Spare shoes are over there.
舞蹈课不是参观的,舞蹈课是来跳舞的,那儿有舞鞋。
Rachel: What does she mean?
什么意思?
Phoebe: I think she means "You dance a dance class". Oh, come on, come on.
我想她是叫我们进去跳。
Monica: Okay, do you see anybody you think could be me?
真的?好吧,有看见我的分身吗?
Teacher: People! Last time there were some empty yoghurt containers lying around after class. Let's not have that happen again!
各位,上回有人在教室留下酸乳空瓶,希望别再发生那种事。
Rachel: She could be you.
她可能是你。
Teacher: Let's get started. Five, six, afive six seven eight...
开始吧。五,六,五,六,七,八。
Monica: Okay, I'm not getting this!
我跟不上!
Phoebe: I'm totally getting it!
我完全融入!
Monica: Did you ever feel like sometimes you are just so unbelievably uncoordinated?
你不会觉得自己有时毫无协调感吗?
Rachel: What? You just click when they click.
怎么了?只要他们踢的时候你踢就是了。
Teacher: Alright people, now everyone grab a partner.
各位找个舞伴!
Phoebe: Okay. And, my, dead, mother, says, you, are, it. I'm with Rachel.
我去逝的妈说就是你,我和Rachel。
Monica: Great. It's gym class all over again.
这下可好,体育课的旧事又重演了。
Phoebe and Rachel: Aww.
噢。
Teacher: Well that's all right, you can come up to the front and dance with me.
无所谓,你过来和我一起跳。
Monica: Why don't I just take off my clothes and have a nightmare.
我何不脱下衣服来场恶梦?
Woman: It's okay, it's okay, I'm here, I'm here. Sorry I'm late, okay, here I am. Who's the new tense girl?
没关系,我来了。抱歉,我迟到,我来了, 那个紧张的新人是谁?
Teacher: She's your partner.
你的舞伴。
Woman: Hi. I'm Monica.
我叫Monica。
Monica: Oh. Monica! ...Hi. I'm Mo Nana.
Monica,我叫Mo nana。
Woman: Monana?
Monana?
Monica: Yeah. It's Dutch.
对,是荷兰人的名字!
Fake Monica: You're kidding! II spent three years in Amsterdam.
你在开玩笑吧,我在Amsterdam住了三年。
Monica: Um, Pennsylvania Dutch.
我是宾州的荷兰人。
Teacher: And we're dancing. Afive, six, seven, eight...
开始吧!五,六,七,八。

影片简介

Monica的信用卡被盗用:当收到信用卡消费账单后,她发现小偷过着她梦想要但是又舍不得过的生活。她在一个用她的卡付账的舞蹈课上捉到了“Monica”,“假Monica”颇富人格魅力,Monica同她不打不相识,居然结成好友。和“假Monica”一起相处甚欢……后来“假Monica”被捕。Ross的猴子Marcel到了发情期,总是搞破坏:Ross不得不挑选动物园将它送走。Joey给你想了个艺名Holden McGroin。

重点讲解

背景知识:

Pennsylvania Dutch:德裔宾州人非荷兰人。Dutch是“荷兰语的,荷兰人的”;而PennsylvaniaDutch则是指“德裔宾州人”,或他们说的一种夹杂英语的德语。因为十八世纪的德国有一个基督教派“门诺教派”叫做the Amish, 信徒们不堪其它教派排挤,移民到现今美国宾州东部,过自己理想的生活。

词组学习:

be in perfect sync with: 与……高度同步

eg. "You're in perfect sync with an actual moving force of nature, " he says.
“你与大自然的力量处在近乎完美的同步流动中,”他说。

eg. Every once in a while the universe is in perfect sync with our goals, and things begin to slip into place almost effortlessly.
每过一阵子宇宙就会与你完美同步,事情总会不费力地滑入适当位置。

分享到
重点单词
  • universen. 宇宙,万物,世界
  • observev. 观察,遵守,注意到 v. 评论,庆祝
  • slipv. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,滑脱 n. 滑倒,溜走,疏忽,失
  • nightmaren. 恶梦,使人极其痛苦的事情或经历,梦魇
  • spareadj. 多余的,闲置的,备用的,简陋的 v. 抽出,饶
  • partnern. 搭档,伙伴,合伙人 v. 同 ... 合作,做 .