《老友记》视听精讲第189期:帅哥大夫的传闻
日期:2013-01-10 16:55

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Monica: Now, Mom, everything's going fine, really. Yeah, Ross is great. He's uh, he's in a whole other place. No, he's gone. No no, you don't have to fly back, really. What do you mean this might be your only chance? Would you stop? I'm only 26, I'm not even thinking about babies yet.
不,妈,一切顺利,对,Ross很好,他在其他地方,不,他不见了,不,你们不用飞回来,我唯一的机会?什么意思?别再说了,行吗?我才26岁,我连小孩的事都没想过。
Chandler: Where have you been?
你去哪里了?
Joey: Oh, I just had a baby.
我刚生了个小孩。
Chandler: Mazel tov!
了不起。
Dr. Franzblau: I don't know, could be an hour, could be three, but relax, she's doing great. So, uh, tell me, are you currently involved with anyone?
说不定,或许是一小时也可能是三小时,别请放心,她的状况良好,告诉我,目前有对象吗?
Rachel: No, no, not at the moment, no, I'm not. Are you?
没有,现在没有,你呢?
Dr. Franzblau: No, it's hard enough to get women to go out with me.
没有,我不容易找到对象。
Rachel: Right, yeah, I have heard that about cute doctors.
对,我听过有关帅哥大夫的传闻。
Dr. Franzblau: No, no, really. I suppose it's because I spend so much time, you know, where I do.
没有,真的,我想是因为我花了大量的时间工作。
Rachel: Oh.
噢。
Dr. Franzblau: I try not to let my work affect my personal life, but it's hard, when you... do what I do. It's like uh...Well, for instance, what do you do?
我试着不让工作影响我的生活,如果你是我,你从事什么工作?
Rachel: I'm a waitress.
我是服务生。
Dr. Franzblau: Ok, all right, well aren't there times when you come home at the end of the day, and you're just like, if I see one more cup of coffee'...
难道你下班回家后不会觉得…… 如果我再看见咖啡杯。
Rachel: Yeah. Gotcha.
我懂。
Dr. Franzblau: I'm gonna go check up on your friend.
我去看看你朋友。
Rachel: Ok. That's fine.
好的。
Lydia: So how did you know I was even here?
你怎么会知道我在这儿?
Guy: Your mom called me. So is this her?
你妈打电话告诉我的,这就是她?
Lydia: No, this is a .loaner,God, I hope she has my brain.
不是,她是债权人,天啊,我希望他有我一样的头脑。
Guy: I'm sorry you had to do this by yourself.
抱歉,让你自己承担这一切。
Lydia: I wasn't by myself. I had a doctor, a nurse, and a helper guy. So, did you see who won the game?
我不是自己一个,我有大夫,护士和善心人士,知道谁赢吗?
Guy: Yeah, the Knicks by 10. They suck.
Knick胜十分,他们好烂。
Lydia: Yeah, they're not so bad.
是的,他们没那么差劲。

影片简介

Carol即将分娩,六人齐集医院;但Carol却因为陪Susan购物而姗姗来迟;Ross一见Susan就剑拔弩张,之后两人又为婴儿的名字争执,双双被Carol轰出门外。Rachel对妇产科医生频送秋波……但该医生患职业病,对女性失去了胃口。Phoebe带着吉他到医院唱歌,“粉嘟嘟的小孩子,长大憎你老不死”——犯得Ross给她钱买她闭嘴。Phoebe、Ross和Susan被困在储物室,Phoebe给两人上了一课。

划红精讲

背景知识:

mazel tov:[希伯来语]祝走运,祝顺利

短语学习:

1. be involved with sb: 与某人有交往;涉及

eg. He doesn't want his son to be involved with criminals.
他可不想让他的儿子同罪犯缠在一起。

eg. I've been fortunate to be involved with many Olympics.
我很幸运地参与转播了很多令人怀念的奥运比赛,

2. go out with sb: 和某人一起出去

eg. Instant romance could be yours if you go out with friends.
如果和朋友聚会,可能会有一见钟情的浪漫情缘。

eg. Go out with your friends or anyone you're close with.
和你的朋友们或任何与你亲密的人出去。

3. for instance: 例如

eg. For instance, I hate cleaning my kitchen, but I do it because I like the sight of a clean kitchen.
举例来说,我讨厌清洁厨房,但我还是因为喜欢看到一个整洁的厨房而做了。

4. by oneself: 独自

eg. You can not only by oneself a person will make everything clear, to do everything well.
你不可能仅凭自己一个人就把每件事都弄清楚,把每件事都做好。

简单口语:

Gotcha=I (have) got you. 我明白你的意思了。

分享到
重点单词
  • affectvt. 影响,作用,感动
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • fortunateadj. 幸运的,侥幸的