《老友记》视听精讲第16期:面条里的钻戒
日期:2011-11-29 18:33

(单词翻译:单击)

双语剧本(Rachel enters from her room.)

-Rachel: Has anybody seen my engagement ring?
看到我的订婚戒指了吗?
-Phoebe: Yeah, it's beautiful.
恩,它很漂亮
-Rachel: Oh God, oh God, oh God oh God oh God oh God.... (Starts to look under the couch cushions.)
哦,不.
-Phoebe: No, look, don't touch that!
不,不要动它们!
-Rachel: Oh, like I wasn't dreading tomorrow enough, having to give it back to him.
明天就要还他戒指,我似乎还不够担心.
Hi Barry! Remember me? I'm the girl in the veil who stomped on your heart in front of your entire family!'
Barry, 记得我吗?我是那个穿白纱让你在亲友面前出丑的人!

Oh God and now I'm gonna have to return the ring, without the ring, which makes it so much harder...
天啊,今天我必须还他戒指,偏偏戒指不见了,叫我如何面对他。
-Monica: Easy Rach, we'll find it. (To all) Won't we!
别急,我们会找到的,对不?
-Chandler and Joey: Oh! Yeah!
是呀,我们会的.
-Monica: look, it’s gonna be okay. You will give it back.
一切都会好的,我们会把它找回来的
and we will eat a lot of ice cream.
而且我们会吃很多冰淇淋
-Rachel: okay, okay, it’s apearl-shaped diamond.
好吧,是一个珍珠型的钻石.
-Monica: I tell you what: any diamond ring we find, we’ll run it by you
不管我们找到什么样的钻石戒指都会给你的.
-Joey: Alright, when did you have it last?
好吧,你最后一次戴是什么时候?
-Phoebe: Doy! Probably right before she lost it!
当然是丢失之前了!
-Chandler: You don't get a lot of 'doy' these days.
这年头说doy的人不多.
-Rachel: I know I had it this morning, and I know I had it when I was in the kitchen with...
我今天早上还戴它,我在厨房戴着做…面条?
-Chandler: Dinah?
Dinah?
-Rachel: (looks at the lasagne and realizes something) Ohhhhh, don't be mad...
不要发疯.
-Monica: You didn't.
你没有.
-Rachel: Oh, I am sorry...
对不起
-Monica: I gave you one job! (Starts to examine the lasagne through the bottom of the glass pan.)
我就让你做了这么一件事情.
-Rachel: Oh, but look how straight those noodles are!
哦,但是你看面条现在变的多直!
-Chandler: Now, Monica, you know that's not how you look for an engagement ring in a lasagne.
Monica, 在千层面中找订婚戒指不是那样找的.
-Monica: (puts down the lasagne) I just... can't do it.
我办不到.
-Chandler: Boys? We're going in.
我们很高兴做。

讲解注释engagement: 订婚
engage表示使某人订婚,be engaged to sb表示跟某人订婚。
When did he become engaged to her?
他跟她什么时候订婚?
He got engaged to her when working in Xian.
他是在西安工作时和她订婚的。
Jack and Anne are engaged.
杰克和安妮订婚了。
couch: 沙发
cushion: 垫子
dread: 惧怕,忧虑,担心
I dread having to visit the dentist .
我害怕看牙医。
I dread to think what will happen if she finds out the truth.
我不敢去想她知道真相后会怎么样。
I dread the coming exams. If only I could have time to review my lessons.
我对即将到来的考试非常担心。如果我有时间复习该有多好啊。
veil: 面纱
stomp on: 跺脚,狠踩
entire: 全部
pearl: 珍珠 d
diamond: 钻石
run something by someone: 向某人提及某事,看他是否理解或觉得这是个好主意
【DOY:1 一般来说,用duh表示stupid(音比较像),有时用doy来代替duh,表示同样意思。2 Doy是感叹词,表示对一种事实是显而易见的。Phoebe总是神经兮兮的。】
【Dinah是小说Uncle Tom's cabin里的人物,她是个优秀的厨师,但是厨房却总是凌乱不堪。这里Chandler把Monica比喻成Dinah是笑话她在父母来访前的恐慌。】
lasagne : 烤宽面条
mad: 发疯的
examine: 检查
pan: 平底锅

分享到
重点单词
  • engagementn. 婚约,订婚,约会,约定,交战,雇用,(机器零件等)
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • pearln. 珍珠 v. (用珍珠)装饰,呈珍珠状 adj. 珍
  • veiln. 面纱,掩饰物,修女 vt. 给 ... 戴面纱或面
  • engagedadj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的
  • engagev. 答应,预定,使忙碌,雇佣,订婚
  • dreadn. 恐惧,可怕的人,可怕的事 adj. 可怕的,可怖的
  • diamondn. 钻石,像钻石的物质,菱形,纸牌的方块,棒球内场 v
  • dentistn. 牙科医生