《老友记》视听精讲第467期:解释就是掩饰
日期:2014-10-25 08:56

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Hey, uh, I’m really, really sorry about what happened in the cafeteria today.
嘿, 关于今天在餐厅所发生的事,我真的,真的非常抱歉.
It’s no big deal. Hey, y’know, you do what you gotta do. Right?
没什么大不了的.嘿, 真的, 你是迫不得已. 对吧?
But hey, it’s not just me, I mean the scientists and the tour guides never sit together.
嘿,不仅仅是我一个人那么做,我的意思是科学家和解说员从来不能坐在一起的。
Whatever.
随便你.
It’s like that everywhere, Joey! Okay, Mon, back me up here.
Joey,到处都这样,Mon,支持我一下.
Where you work the uh, waiters eat with the waiters, right?
在你工作那里,服务员也是和服务员一起吃饭,对吧?
And the chefs eat with the other chefs, right?
并且厨师和其他厨师一起吃,是吧?
I eat by myself in the alley because everybody hates me.
小径我自己在走廊里自己吃饭,因为人人都讨厌我.
Okay, Rach, when was the last time you had lunch with the shipping clerks?
好吧,Rach,你最后一次和运务员是午饭时什么时候?
I've never had lunch with the shipping clerks...but it's totally different.
我从来没和运务员吃过午饭。但是这是完全不同的,
They're not allowed in the executive cafeteria. Oh, I see what you're saying.
他们不允许进入经理主管人员的自助餐厅。哦,我明白你所说的。
Look, Ross, really it’s-it’s no big deal. Y’know you wear a white coat, I wear a blue blazer,
Ross, 真的,真的没什么.你知道你穿白色衣服,我穿蓝色制服,
if that means we can’t be friends at work, then so be it. Y’know, hey I understand.
如果那代表着我们不能在单位成为朋友,那么不是就不是,我理解.
You know? Hey, when I’m in a play and you’re in the audience, I don’t talk to you, right?
嘿,当我在舞台上,你在观众席上,我也没和你说话,对吧.
So it’s y’know, it’s uh, it’s cool. I’ll see you tomorrow. (Leaves)
因此,你知道,没事. 明天见.
Yeah, when we’re in the audience he doesn’t talk to us, but he does wave.
对,当他在舞台上时是没有和我们说话,但他确实挥过手.

影视精讲


back up: 支持
But he's got science to back up the results.
但他得到了科学依据来支持这个结论。
Senior administration officials back up the president.
美国政府高级官员们都支持总统。

wave: 挥动
Jessica caught sight of Lois and waved to her...
杰茜卡看到了洛伊丝,就冲她挥手致意。
Paddy spotted Mary Ann and gave her a cheery wave.
帕迪看到玛丽·安后高兴地冲她挥挥手。

分享到
重点单词
  • executiveadj. 行政的,决策的,经营的,[计算机]执行指令 n
  • senioradj. 年长的,高级的,资深的,地位较高的 n. 年长
  • administrationn. 行政,管理,行政部门
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为