《老友记》视听精讲第231期:其实我又要结婚了
日期:2013-03-15 10:57

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Rachel: And uh, and the lighting's always unflattering. And, Monica help me out here.
灯光总是很呆板。Monica,帮我一下。
Monica: Hell, I wanna see Joey.
管你的,我要看Joey。
Julie: So is there like a story or do they just start doing it right... oh, never mind.
有没有故事?还是立刻就开始……别理会我。
Chandler: OK, now wait a minute. That is the craziest typing test I've ever seen.
等一下那是我见过最疯狂的打字测验。
Monica: All I say is, she better get the job.
我只能说,她最好被聘用。
Ross: Looks to me like he's the one getting the job.
看来是他被“聘用”了。
Joey: Shh, OK, here I come, here I come. See I'm coming to fix the copier, I can't get to the copier, I'm thinking what do I do, what do I do... so I just watch them have sex. And then I say, wait, here's my line, you know that's bad for the paper tray.
好啦,我上场了,我要修理影印机,但是我修不了我在想:怎么办?所以我只好看他们做爱,然后我要开口了。这对送纸匣很不好。
Chandler: Nice work my friend.
干得好,老兄!
Joey: Thank you. Wait wait wait wait, you see me again. Hang on, the guy's butt's blockin' me. There I am, there I am, there I am, there I am, there I am...
等一下,又有我的镜头了这家伙屁股挡住我了。我冒出来了,又来了又来了,又来了……
Phoebe: So um, so what's up, you came to see me yesterday.
怎么回事?昨天你来找我。
Duncan: Oh, yeah, um, alright, I kinda need a divorce.
我需要跟你离婚。
Phoebe: Ohh. . .K. How come?
为什么?
Duncan: Umm, actually, I'm getting married again.
其实我又要结婚了。
Phoebe: What?
什么?
Duncan: Oh God, I don't know how to tell you this. I'm straight.
我不知道要怎么说,我不是同性恋。我是异性恋。
Phoebe: Huuh.
呃。
Duncan: Yeah, I know, I.
对,我知道。
Phoebe: I, I don't, I don't understand, how can you be straight? I mean, you're, you're so smart and funny and you throw such great Academy Award parties.
我不懂你怎么会是异性恋?我是说,你又聪明又幽默,而且举办很棒的奥斯卡派对。
Duncan: I know, that's what I kept telling myself but you just reach a point where you can't live a lie anymore.
我也一直这么告诉自己,但是到了某个程度就无法再扯谎下去了。
Phoebe: So how long have you known?
你知道了多久?
Duncan: Well I guess on some level I always knew I was straight. I though I was supposed to be something else, you know, I'm an ice dancer, all my friends are gay, I was just trying to fit in.
我想我一直知道自己不是同性恋,我以为自己不是,我是个冰上舞蹈者所有朋友都是同志,我要合群。
Phoebe: And um, and there's actually a, a woman?
真的要跟一个女人结婚?
Duncan: Her name's Debra.
她叫Debra。

影片简介

想不到Phoebe竟有个丈夫叫Duncan,此人是个同性恋,是Phoebe的加拿大朋友,她帮他拿美国绿卡所以结婚。Phoebe从始至终一直暗恋他。六年过去了,他却回来说要离婚。原来他并非同志,现在爱上了别的女人,要重新结婚。Phoebe的地下婚姻的曝光成了导火索,其余人的秘密相继暴露。

划红精讲

1. help out: 帮助解决难题

eg. It was unexpected but I could help out if the price was right, I thought.
这有点出乎意料但我想如果价格合适的话我可以帮忙一下。

2. never mind: [口语] 不用担心,不关你的事

eg. Never mind scones and cream, this is the real thing!
不要管烤饼和奶酪了,这才是好东西!

eg. Never mind economic class, those differences are very significant.
不要去管经济等级,那些差别是很明显的。

3. wait a minute: 等一下

eg. The thought catches your attention but seems so meaningless and you are tempted to discard it, but wait a minute!
这个想法虽然令你心中为之一动,但却似乎毫无意义,于是你打算放弃它。但是请等一下!

eg. Wait a minute. Do you know something I don't?
稍等一下。你是不是知道什么隐情?

4. nice work: 太棒了

eg. Nice work. You must have read a lot of books to make the map, right?
干得好,你一定读了很多书来制作这幅地图吧,对吧?

5. live a lie: 做人虚伪

eg. He hated to live a lie.
他极不愿意虚伪地生活。

eg. The important thing was not to live a lie.
重要的是做人不可虚伪。

6. fit in: 融入(群体)

eg. She was great with the children and fit in beautifully.
她对孩子们很有一手,相处得非常融洽。

分享到
重点单词
  • academyn. 学院,学术,学会
  • discardn. 丢牌,废牌 vt. 丢弃,抛弃 vi. 丢牌
  • unexpectedadj. 想不到的,意外的
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为