《老友记》视听精讲第458期:“露水情缘”也是好的
日期:2014-10-11 09:56

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Hey, look at this! (Holding a newspaper) They’re lighting the big Christmas tree tonight.
嘿,看这个! 他们今晚要点亮这棵大圣诞树!
Umm, that paper’s two weeks old.
呣,那是两周前的报纸。
All right, who keeps leaving old newspapers in the trash?!
好啊,是谁忘记把旧报纸丢到垃圾箱啦?.
I really wanted to take Kathy to this, I can’t believe I missed it.
我本来想带Kathy去看这个的,没想到竟然错过了。
Hey, y’know, at least you have somebody to miss that stuff with!
嘿,你至少还有人可以和你一起“错过”机会。
I hate being alone this time of year!
但我已经孤独整整一年了!
Next thing you know it’ll be Valentine’s Day, then my birthday,
接着我又要一个人过情人节、我的生日。
Then bang! —before you know it, they’re lighting that damn tree again.
然后又是“-砰-”在你反应过来之前,又是圣诞节了。
Ohh, I want somebody! Y’know, I want a man!!
噢,我想有人陪! 我要个真正的“男人”!
I mean, it doesn’t even have to be a big relationship, you know, just like a fling would be great.
哪怕不是正式的交往,“逢场作戏”一次也好。
Really?! I didn’t think girls ever just wanted a fling.
真的?! 我还以为女孩子从来不想搞“一夜情”的呢!
Let me tell you, it’s been a long time since I’ve been flung.
我告诉你,我很早以前就来过“一夜情”了!
Well, I know what I’m giving you for Christmas.
噢,这下我知道圣诞节可以给你什么了。
You know what? There’s some nice guys at my office, do you want me to set you up?
你知道么?我公司里有许多很棒的小伙子,你要我帮你介绍么?
Yeah! Wait a minute, it’s been a long time that I’ve been single.
好啊!等等,我已经单身好久了。
How come you never offered this before?
你从前为什么没提过这事?
Well, I have a girlfriend, I’m-I’m happy.
我有女朋友了,我很快乐。
So, I no longer feel the need to go out of my way to stop others from being happy.
所以,我不再需要把快乐建筑在他人的痛苦之上了。
Okay! No accountants. Oh, and no one from like legal.
Ok! 不要会计师。噢,也不要律师。
I don’t like guys with boring jobs.
我不喜欢那些从事闷蛋工作的人。
Oh and Ross was like what? A lion tamer?
噢,Ross的工作不闷蛋么? 他是驯兽师么?

影视精讲


fling: 一时的放纵 (随意的)尝试
I mean, it doesn’t even have to be a big relationship, you know, just like a fling would be great.
哪怕不是正式的交往,“逢场作戏”一次也好。

set sb up: <俚>介绍(男女)朋友
You know what? There’s some nice guys at my office, do you want me to set you up?
你知道么?我公司里有许多很棒的小伙子,你要我帮你介绍么?

go out of the way: 不怕麻烦,故意
Is there a satisfactory way out of the dilemma?
有令人满意的走出这种两难困境的方法吗?
Thanks, john. You really go out of the way to make me feel welcome. Thanks you very much.
约翰,谢谢你。你真是煞费心思来让我感受到欢迎。谢谢你!


分享到
重点单词
  • legaladj. 法律的,合法的,法定的
  • boringadj. 令人厌烦的
  • dilemman. 困境,进退两难