《老友记》视听精讲第97课:我们正在排练希腊剧
日期:2012-06-06 16:49

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Phoebe:Hi, um, 'kay. I'd like to start with a song that's about a man that I recently met, who's, um, come to be very important to me. 'Kay. You don't have to be awake to be my man. As long as you have brainwaves I'll be there to hold your hand. Though we just met the other day, There's something I have got to say...Okay, thank you very much, I'm gonna take a short break!
这首歌是有关个我刚认识的男生,他已成为我生命中重要的男人。你不用醒来成为我的男人。只要你有脑电波,我就会在那里等着你。尽管我们只是那天见了一面,但是我有很多话想对你说。谢谢各位,我得暂停下。
Rachel:Okay, that was Phoebe Buffay, everybody. Woo!
让我们一起感谢Phoebe Buffay小姐。
Chandler:What was that?
她在搞什么东西?
Ross:Oh, uh, Phoebe just started a...
Phoebe刚……
Chandler:Yeah, I believe I was talking to Joey, alright there, MotherKisser?
我是和Joey讲话,亲我妈妈的人。
Joey:MotherKisser... I'll shut up.
亲我妈妈的人…我闭嘴。
Ross:Chandler, can I just say something? II know you're still mad at me, I just wanna say that there were two people there that night. Okay? Two sets of lips.
Chandler,我能说几句话吗?我知道你仍在生我的气。但是我只想说那一夜有两个人,两双嘴唇。
Chandler:Yes, well, I expect this from her. Okay? She's always been a Freudian nightmare.
是哦,我预料到她会如此。她一直都是个佛洛依德梦魇。
Ross:Okay, well, if she always behaves like this, why don't you say something?
如果她一直这样,你为什么不找她谈谈?
Chandler:Because it's complicated, it's complex Hey, you kissed my mom!
因为太复杂了,这是个情结。喂!你亲了我妈!
Ross:We're rehearsing a Greek play.
我们正在排练希腊剧。
Chandler:That's very funny. We done now?
真幽默,排练完没?
Ross:No! Okay, you mean, you're not gonna talk to her, you're not gonna tell her how you feel?
还没,你不找她谈?不说出你的感受?
Chandler:That would be no. Look, just because you played tonsil tennis with my mom doesn't mean you know her.Alright? Trust me, you can't talk to her.
别因为你亲过她,就自以为了解她。相信我,不能找她谈。
Ross:Okay, 'you' can't, or you can't? Okay, that's my finger. That's, that's my knee. Still doing the play. Aaah!
到底是能还是不能?我的手指,我的膝盖。还在排练。
Phoebe:Alright, what did you do with him?
你对他做什么了?
Monica:Oh! You're awake!
你醒了。
Phoebe:Look at you! How, how do you feel?
你瞧你,感觉如何?
Coma Guy:Uh, a little woozy, but basically okay.
头有点晕,基本上还行。
Monica:You look good!
你的气色好极了。
Coma Guy:I feel good! ...Who are you?
我感觉好极了。你们是谁?
Monica:Oh, sorry.
哦,不好意思。
Phoebe:I'm Phoebe Buffay.
我叫Phoebe Buffay。
Monica:I'm Monica Geller. I've been taking care of you.
我叫Monica Geller,我一直在照顾你。
Phoebe:Well, we both have.
我们一直在照顾你。
Coma Guy:So, the EtchaSketch is from you guys?
蚀刻艺术是你们送的?
Phoebe:Well, actually it's just from me.
其实只有我一个。
Monica:I got you the foot massager.
我替你做过脚底按摩。
Phoebe:You know who shaved you? That was me.
知道是谁帮你刮胡子的吗?是我。
Monica:I read to you.
我念书给你听。
Phoebe:I sang. Hah!
我唱歌给你听。
Coma Guy:Well, ... thanks.
谢了。
Monica:Oh, my pleasure.
我的荣幸。
Phoebe:You're welcome.
荣幸之极。
Coma Guy:So. I guess I'll see you around.
那好,再见了。
Phoebe:What, that's it?
什么?就这样?
Monica:"See you around?"
再见?
Coma Guy:Well, what do you want me to say?
不然要我说什么?
Monica:Oh, I don't know. Maybe, um, "That was nice?" Admit something to me? "I'll call you?"
我不知道,或许该说“你们真好”,“向我表白吧!”“我会给你们打电话的。”
Coma Guy:Alright, I'll call you.
我会打电话给你们的。
Phoebe:I don't think you mean that.
一点诚意都没有。
Monica:This is so typical. Y'know, we give, and we give, and we give. And then we just get nothing back! And then one day, y'know, it's just, you wake up, an, Phoebe.
男生都这样。我们不断付出,没有任何回报,有一天他醒来却只说再见。走吧,Phoebe。
Phoebe:Y'know what? We thought you were different. But I guess it was just the coma.
知道吗?我们以为你与众不同。但是我猜只是昏迷的缘故。

重点讲解
词汇回顾:

1. awake: 醒来
2. brainwave: 脑电波
3. Freudian: 佛洛伊德的,相信佛洛伊学说的人
4. nightmare: 噩梦
5. rehearse: 排练 Greek: 希腊
6. grab: 抓握
7. twist: 拧,扭曲
8. woozy: 头昏眼花的,糊涂的
9. etch: 蚀刻
10. sketch: 素描
11. massager: 按摩师,按摩
12. typical : 典型的
13. tonsil: 扁桃腺

短语精学:

1.play tonsil tennis with=kiss deeply深吻

2.sneak out: 偷偷溜出去sneak: 鬼鬼祟祟做事

eg. How did you sneak out of the meeting?
你是怎么溜出会场的?

eg. It is a little after daybreak. We pack hurriedly and sneak out of the hotel.
拂晓,我们匆忙收拾起东西溜出旅馆,这时街上的咖啡馆还没有开门。

3.knock over: 打翻

eg. And woops—I knock over the tower.
可是我居然打翻了这座积木塔。

But roof gardeners also have to think about winds that can knock over tender vines.
但屋顶园丁也必须考虑风,风可以打翻葡萄的嫩藤。

2.shut up: 闭嘴

4.the other day: 前几天

5.to start with: 首先,第一

eg. I want to start with the responsibility you have to yourself.
首先我要说的是你们对于自己所负有的责任。

eg. I want to start with the responsibility you have to yourself.
首先,我想谈谈你们对于自己有什么责任。

6.as long as: 只要……就

eg. Perhaps not as long as some think.
或许不会像有些人想象的那么长。

Why, in its presence, should I deny the joy of living, as long as I know everything is not included in this joy?
为什么在生活的快乐明明存在时,只要我知道一切都不存在于这种快乐中,我就会否认这种快乐?

7.take care of: 照顾

eg. If you take care of something, you begin to love it — which makes us very vulnerable.
如果你照顾某些事情,你已经开始爱上它了--这让我们非常的投入.

eg. We only have one earth, so we need to take care of her.
我们只有一个地球,所以我们必须要好好的照顾她。

8.see you around: 回头见

9.wake up: 醒来

分享到
重点单词
  • typicaladj. 典型的,有代表性的,特有的,独特的
  • rehearsevt. 预演,排演,预先演习,详述,复述 vi. 参加彩
  • tenderadj. 温柔的,嫩的,脆弱的 ,亲切的,敏感的,未成熟
  • coman. 昏迷
  • nightmaren. 恶梦,使人极其痛苦的事情或经历,梦魇
  • woov. 向 ... 求爱,追求,恳求
  • etchv. 蚀刻,铭刻
  • complicatedadj. 复杂的,难懂的 动词complicate的过去
  • presencen. 出席,到场,存在 n. 仪态,风度
  • twistv. 拧,捻,搓,扭曲 n. 扭曲,盘旋,捻,拧