(单词翻译:单击)
台词欣赏
Rachel: Wow, this is so cool, you guys. The entire city is blacked out!哇,太酷了,你们看。全城停电!
Monica: Mom says it's all of Manhattan, parts of Brooklyn and Queens, and they have no idea when it's coming back on.我妈说Manhattan全部停了Brooklyn区和Queens区部分停电,而且还不知道什么时候来电。
Rachel: Wow, you guys, this is big.哇,你们(看),这可是大事。
Monica: Pants and a sweater? Why, mom? Who am I gonna meet in a blackout? Power company guys? Eligible looters? Could we talk about this later? OK.长裤和运动衫?为什么,妈?大停电的时候还要我去见谁?电力公司的家伙?年龄合适的抢劫犯?我们可以以后再说这个吗?好了。
Phoebe: Can I borrow the phone? I want to call my apartment and check on my grandma. (to Monica) What's my number?能借用一下电话吗?我想打回去问问我奶奶怎么样。我的号码是多少?
Phoebe: Well, I never call me.恩,我从来就不给我自己打电话。
Chandler: Oh my God, it's that Victoria's Secret model. Something... something Goodacre.哦,我的天,那是维多利亚秘密的模特。叫什么……什么Goodacre。
Jill: Hi Mom, it's Jill.嗨妈,我是Jill。
Chandler: She's right, it's Jill. Jill Goodacre. Oh my God. I am trapped in an ATM vestibule with Jill Goodacre! Is it a vestibule? Maybe it's an atrium.她说对了,是Jill Goodacre。哦我的天,我和Jill Goodacre一起被关在银行取款机室!是前厅吗?也许中厅。
Oh, yeah, that is the part to focus on, you idiot!哦,是啊,要关心的就是这个,笨蛋!
Jill: I'm fine. I'm just stuck at the bank, in an ATM vestibule.对,我很好。我刚被困在银行了,在一个取款机室里。
Chandler: Jill says vestibule... I'm going with vestibule.Jill说前厅……我也要说前厅。
Jill: I'm fine. No, I'm not alone... I don't know, some guy.我很好。不,不只我一个……我不认识,一个男的。
Chandler: Oh! Some guy. Some guy. Hey Jill, I saw you with some guy last night. Yes, he was some guy.哦!一个男的,一个男的。嗨,Jill,我昨晚看到你和一个男的在一起哦。对,是一个男的。
Joey: Hi everyone.大家好。
Ross: And officiating at tonight's black out, is Rabbi Tribbiani.今晚这个停电夜的祭司,是Rabbi Tribbiani。
Joey: Well, Chandler's old roommate was Jewish, and these are the only candles we have, so... Happy Chanukah, everyone.恩,Chandler的旧室友是个犹太人,我们只有这些蜡烛,所以……祝大家光明节快乐。
Phoebe: Eww, look. Ugly Naked Guy lit a bunch of candles.哦,看。丑裸男点亮了几根蜡烛。
Rachel: That had to hurt!肯定疼死了!
Chandler: Alright, alright, alright. It's been fourteen and a half minutes and you still have not said one word. Oh God, do something. Just make contact, smile!好吧,好吧,好吧。已经14分半钟了而你还是没有说一个字。哦上帝,做点什么吧。只是打个招呼,微笑!
Chandler: There you go!这不就行了!
Chandler: You're definitely scaring her.你明显吓到她了。
Jill: Hello? Oh, hi mom. Mom! Mom you're tripping .Dexter is a dog, the black out is scaring him. You'd pee in dad's shoes too if you didn't know what's going on. All right, call me back. Mother's.
喂?妈妈。妈,妈妈!你吓坏了!Dexter是一条狗,停电把它吓坏了。如果你不知道,你也可以尿在爸爸的鞋子里他不知道发生了什么。好吧,给我回电话。妈妈。
Chandler: Yeah, Atta boy! A word. That wasn't so hard. Mother's. Yeah! Mother's Yeah! Perfect. Don't smile.是啊,好小伙。一个词。这样不坏,是的,妈妈!妈妈!是的,完美!不要笑。
Jill: Would you like to call somebody?你要不要给谁打个电话?
Chandler: Yeah, about 300 guys I went to high school with. Yeah, thanks.是啊,(想告诉)大概300个高中同学。好的,谢谢。
重点讲解
on the phone:在接电话中,在电话里
entire:全部的,整个的
black out:熄灭灯光
have no idea:一点不知道(听也没有听过)
blackout:停电,断电 eligible:合格的,合格者 looters:抢劫者
talk about:讲(谈论,交谈)hangs up:挂断电话
Jill Goodacre:是首位仅仅凭借出任著名女式内衣品牌Victoria's Secret的广告模特而在美国一举成名的女星。在90年代初红极一时。在这一集中,她就出演她本人。
vestibule:门厅,前厅 pause:暂停,中止 atrium:中厅
officiate:执行,职务,主持主祭
Chanukah= Hanuka 光明节(犹太人一纪念节日)【过节期间,亲友都会团聚一堂,目睹点燃烛火并一起祷告。而Joey 把这些具有宗教意义的烛台点燃,只为了应付停电之需,跟它本身神圣的意义形成强烈的对比,所以Ross 才开玩笑称他为犹太教士(拉比)Rabbi】
a bunch of:一群
gross out: [美国俚语]用粗俗下流的语言(或行为)冒犯,使作呕 flinch: 畏缩,退缩
there you go:你走了,就这样了,请走这边
tripping:freak out 吓坏了