《老友记》视听精讲第112课:瞧你带什么人来
日期:2012-08-09 15:24

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Monica:You can not do this.
你不能这样做。
Rachel:Do what?
做什么?
Monica:Roger wants to take her out tomorrow night.
Roger明天要带她出去。
Rachel:No! Phoebe! Don't you remember why you dumped the guy?
不!Phoebe,难道你忘了为何抛弃他?
Phoebe:'Cause he was creepy, and mean, and a little frightening... alright, still, it's nice to have a date on Valentine's Day!
因为他惹人厌,卑鄙又可怖,但情人节有人共度也不差。
Monica:But Phoebe, you can go out with a creepy guy any night of the year. I know I do.
但是Phoebe,其他任何一夜跟他约会都无所谓,我知道我会这么做。
Rachel:what are you guys doing tomorrow night?
你们明晚有何节目?
Joey:That depends on how tonight goes.
明天有何节目全看今天的表现。
Chandler:Oh, uh, listen, about tonight...
哦,恩,听着,关于今晚……
Joey:No, don't you bail on me. The only reason she's going out with me is because I said I could bring a friend for her friend.
不,你不能背叛我,我答应为她朋友带一位男伴她才答应与我约会。
Chandler:But her friend sounds like such a...
我知道,但是她朋友好像是个……
Joey:Pathetic mess? I know, but—come on, man, she's needy, she's vulnerable. I'm thinking… Thanks.Look, you have not been out with a woman since Janice. You're doing this.
怜虫,我知道,但她是如此渴望如此脆弱。我想……谢谢。你和Janice之后就没约过会,你一定要去。
Ross:Hi. She said yes.
嗨,她答应了。
Chandler:Yes! Way to go, man! Still got the egg, huh?
好啊!干得好,蛋还在?
Joey:How do I look?
我看上去怎样?
Chandler:Oh, uh, I... don't... care. Ok, now, remember, no trading. You get the pretty one, I get the mess.
哦,恩,不关我的事,切记,不准交换,你有美女相伴,我有贱货作陪。
Lorraine:Hi, Joey. Well well, look what you brought. Very nice.
嘿,Joey,不错啊,瞧你带什么人来,真帅。
Chandler:...And what did you bring?
你带谁来?
Lorraine:She's checking the coats. Joey, I'm gonna go wash the cab smell off my hands. Will you get me a white zinfandel, and a glass of red for Janice.
她正在挂外套。Joey,我要去洗掉手上出租车的味道,你帮我和Janice点萄葡酒和红酒。
Chandler:Janice?
Janice?
Janice:Oh... my... God.
哦……我的……天哪。
Chandler:Hey, it's Janice.
嘿,是Janice。

重点讲解

重点词汇:
1. dump: 抛弃

eg. And you basically dump it into here.
你基本上是把它倾倒到这儿。

2. 'cause: [口语] =because gonna: =going to 将要
3. frightening: 令人恐惧的

eg. You have had the most frightening of experiences but that does not define who or what you are.
你经历了一件极其可怕的事情,但你是谁、以及你是怎样的一个人,并不是由这件事界定的。

4. pathetic: 可怜的

eg. And that is why it may cover thy awful white light with its pathetic shadows.
这就是为什么它能够以它可怜的阴影遮盖你可畏的白光。

词组讲解:

1.bail on sb.: 背叛某人

eg. Whay don’t you bail on your girlfriend tonight,an come out with the boys instead?
你今天晚上不要跟女朋友出去了,咱们哥儿们一起出去玩吧!

eg. We had to bail on ou golf game, it's pouring rain outside.
我们只是得放弃高尔夫比赛,外面正在下着倾盆大雨。

2.go out with: 和……约会

eg. Instant romance could be yours if you go out with friends.
如果和朋友聚会,可能会有一见钟情的浪漫情缘。

eg. We love you even more because you know we need to go out with the guys once in a while.
如果你了解我们需要隔三差五地需要和哥们混在一起,我们会更爱你。

3.as though: 好像

eg. I feel as though I am peeling away the layers, not just of fat, but emotional layers as well.
我觉得自己仿佛是换了一个人——我指的不只是脂肪,而是包括情绪层面的。

eg. Do this especially when you are feeling as though you have nothing to feel grateful for.
每天都要这么做,尤其是当你觉得好像没有什么可感激的时候。

分享到
重点单词
  • definev. 定义,解释,限定,规定
  • frighteningadj. 令人恐惧的,令人害怕的 动词frighten的
  • bailn. 杓,保释,保证金,担保人,把手 vt. 往外舀水,
  • vulnerableadj. 易受伤害的,有弱点的
  • gratefuladj. 感激的,感谢的
  • emotionaladj. 感情的,情绪的