《老友记》视听精讲第80课:感恩节各种食物
日期:2012-05-09 17:26

(单词翻译:单击)

正文部分

Ross:Look, if she's talking to it, I just think that I should get some belly time too. Not that I believe any of this.
不行,如果她和宝宝说话,那我也应该有一些“肚子谈话时间”。但这不表示我相信这个。
Phoebe:Oh, I believe it. I think the baby can totally hear everything.I can show you. Look, this will seem a little weird, but you put your head inside this turkey,and then we'll all talk, and you'll hear everything we say.
噢,我相信。我觉得宝宝什么都能听见。我可以演示给你看。可能会有点怪异,你得把你的头放在这只火鸡里面,然后大伙儿说话,你肯定能听到我们说的。
Chandler:I'd just like to say that I'm totally behind this experiment. In fact, I'd very much like to butter your head.
我想说我完全赞成这个实验。而且,我还非常想把你的脑袋涂上黄油。
Monica:Hey, Rach, did you make your money?
嘿,瑞秋,钱拿到没有?
Rachel:No, not even close. Forget Vail, forget seeing my family, forget shoop, shoop, shoop.
没有,都关门了。忘掉韦尔吧,忘掉家庭团聚吧,忘掉“咻,咻,咻。”吧。
Monica:Rach, here's your mail.
Rach,你的信。
Rachel:Thanks, you can just put it on the table.
谢谢,你把它放在桌子上就行了。
Monica:No, here's your mail.
不,这是你的信。
Rachel:Thanks, you can just put it on the table.
谢谢,你把它放在桌子上就行了。
Monica:Would you just open it?
你不想现在就打开它吗?
Rachel:Oh my god, oh, you guys are great.
喔,天哪!你们真好!
Monica:We all chipped in.
大伙凑的。
Joey:We did?
大伙?
Monica:You owe me 20 bucks.
你欠我20块。
Rachel:Thank you. Thank you so much!
谢谢!太感谢了!
Monica:Chandler, here you go, got your traditional Thanksgiving feast,you got your tomato soup, your grilled cheese fixing, and your family size bag of Funyuns.
Chandler,这是你的感恩节大餐。你的西红柿汤,你的奶酪杂拌和你的特大号洋葱小吃。
Rachel:Wait, wait, Chandler, this is what you're having for Thanksgiving dinner? What, what, what is it with you and this holiday?
等等,Chandler,这是你的感恩节晚餐吗?你和这个节到底有什么过不去的?
Chandler:All right, I'm nine years old.
好吧,我9岁那年……
Ross:Oh, I hate this story.
噢,我厌恶这个故事。
Chandler:We just finished this magnificent Thanksgiving dinner.I haveand I remember this part vividlya mouthful of pumpkin pie,and this is the moment my parents choose to tell me they're getting divorced.
我们全家刚刚吃完一顿丰盛的感恩节大餐。我现在我还清楚地记得这个细节塞了满嘴的南瓜派,我的父母就选择那会来告诉我:他们要离婚了。
Rachel:Oh my god.
噢,天!
Chandler:Yes. It's very difficult to appreciate a Thanksgiving dinner once you've seen it in reverse.
是的。一旦你有过这样的负面印象,就很难对感恩节大餐有兴趣了。
Chandler:What's this? I never saw this at Mom's.
这是什么?我从没在妈妈的感恩节大餐中看到这个。
Rachel:It's a yam.
这是红薯。
Chandler:Hello... This isn't a yam. Yam comes in purple cans. They don't come in these.
Hello,这不是红薯,红薯都是放在紫色罐头里的。不是的,红薯不是放在这里的。
Rachel:Ross, don't take this the wrong way or anything, but back off.
Ross,不要用那种错误的方法,过来帮忙。

重点讲解


1.or anything: 一点也不

Would you like a drink or anything?
你需要点喝的或者别的什么吗?

Not because I am modest or anything else.
这不是因为我谦虚或别的什么。

Would you care for a drink or anything else?
要不要来杯饮料或别的东西?


2.back off: 后退;软化;减轻;卸下

The military might back off at the last moment.
到最后片刻,军方有可能打退堂鼓。

Back off - pushy persistence will not get you to first base.
后退一步,坚持不一定让妳成为第一人选。

If you feel pain as you stretch, back off until you don't feel any.
如果你伸展时感觉疼痛,就收敛一些,直到不再觉得疼痛为止。

3.Not that I believe any of this: (强调句型),相当于I don't belive any of this.

4.chip in 捐助;插嘴;下赌注

The Poles and Italians could also chip in.
波兰和意大利可能也会加入。

I was annoyed to find a chip in my new table.
我发现新桌子上有点破损,感到不快。

Let's chip in 20 dollars to buy him a present.
让我们凑够20块钱为他买份礼物。

分享到
重点单词
  • modestadj. 谦虚的,适度的,端庄的
  • basen. 基底,基础,底部,基线,基数,(棒球)垒,[化]碱
  • appreciatevt. 欣赏,感激,赏识 vt. 领会,充分意识 vi.
  • persistencen. 坚持,毅力
  • militaryadj. 军事的 n. 军队
  • traditionaladj. 传统的
  • stretchn. 伸展,张开 adj. 可伸缩的 v. 伸展,张开,
  • reversen. 相反,背面,失败,倒档 adj. 反面的,相反的,
  • turkeyn. 土耳其 turkey n. 火鸡,笨蛋,失败之作
  • annoyedadj. 恼怒的;烦闷的 v. 使烦恼;打扰(annoy