《老友记》视听精讲第272期:听说他在城里有个二十岁的幼齿
日期:2013-05-16 13:59

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

ROSS: Alright, shall we?
好了,进去吧。
MONICA: OK, wait, wait, wait, wait. You know what? Ross, let's - let's switch places. You get in the middle. No un-, ya know, unless this looks like we're trying to cover something up.
好吧,等等。你知道吗?罗斯,我们换位置你来站中间。不,这看起来像我们想隐瞒什么。
ROSS: Monica, Monica, you could come in straddling him, they still wouldn't believe it. We're here.
摩妮卡,就算你骑着他进去他们也不会相信的。我们来了。
MRS. GELLER: Oh hi kids. Hi darling.
孩子们,是孩子们。
MONICA: Happy birthday dad.
生日快乐,爸爸。
MR. GELLER: Oh thank you.
谢谢。
ROSS: Hi ma.
嗨,妈妈。
RICHARD: Happy birthday.
生日快乐。
MRS. GELLER: Well, you kids thank Dr. Burke for the ride?
你们谢过柏大夫载你们来了吗?
ROSS: Uh, actually mom, I think Monica thanked him for the both of us.
妈,事实上摩妮卡帮我们两个谢过了。
FRIEND: Well, you kids take the train in?
你们搭火车来吗?
MRS. GELLER: No, Richard Burke gave them a ride.
不,柏·理查载他们来的。
FRIEND: Oh. Speaking of whom, I hear he's got some 20-year-old twinkie in the city.
谈到他呀…听说他在城里有个二十岁的幼齿。
MONICA: Finger cramp. Oh God, sorry. Here, let me get that mom.
手指抽筋,抱歉。来,让我来,妈。
MRS. GELLER: Sooo, Richard's shopping in the junior section.
理查在青少年部”购物”。
MONICA: Are we still on that?
还在讲那个吗?
MRS. GELLER: We just know she's got the IQ of a napkin.
想也知道她的智商一定超低。
FRIEND: She's probably not even very pretty, just young enough so that everything is still pointing up.
说不定连漂亮都谈不上,只是够年轻所以一切都还没下垂。

影视精讲


罗斯和莫妮卡去参加父亲的生日派对,理查是他父亲的好友,当然也出席。 理查新结识小女友的消息传得沸沸扬扬。

1. cover up 掩盖
eg. He tried to cover up his guilt by lying.
他企图用说谎来掩盖罪行.

2. give a ride 搭便车
eg. Hop in, I'll give you a ride home.
上车吧,我送你回家。

3. point up v.使尖锐, 强调, (乳房)没有下垂
comments that simply point up flawed reasoning.
一番评论恰恰强调了推论的错误

分享到
重点单词
  • flawedadj. 有缺陷的;有瑕疵的;有裂纹的
  • switchn. 开关,转换,鞭子 v. 转换,改变,交换,鞭打
  • guiltn. 罪行,内疚
  • reasoningn. 推论,推理,论证