《老友记》视听精讲第171期:它会变得愈来愈残暴
日期:2012-11-15 11:29

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Ross: Hi.
你好。
Chandler and Joey: Hey.
你好。
Joey: Where've you been?
你上哪儿去了?
Ross: I just got back from the vet.
我刚从兽医那儿回来。
Chandler: She's not gonna make you wear one of those big plastic cones, is she?
她没叫你戴那种塑胶套吧?
Ross: She says Marcel's humping thing's not a phase. Apparently he's reached sexual maturity.
她说Marcel乱性不是暂时的,显然它已性成熟。
Joey: Hey! He beat you.
嘿!它超过你呢。
Ross: She says as time goes on, he's gonna start getting agressive and violent.
她说它会越来越暴力,侵略性越强。
Chandler: So what does this mean?
这代表什么?
Ross: I'm gonna have to give him up.
我们不能再养它了。
Joey: I can't believe it, Ross. This sucks!
我真不敢相信,这真是太扯了!
Chandler: I don't get it, I mean, you just got him. How can he be an adult already?
我不懂,你才刚养它。它怎会突然性成熟?
Ross: I know. I know. I mean, one day, he's this little thing, and before you know it, he's this little thing I can't get off my leg.
我知道,之前它只是个小东西,不知不觉中它就紧抓住我的腿不放。
Joey: Isn't there any way you can keep him?
你没有任何办法再饲养它吗?
Ross: No, no. The vet says unless he's in a place where he has regular access to some... monkey loving, he's just gonna get vicious. I've just gotta get him into a zoo.
没办法,她说除非有个地方让它获得正常的猴爱,否则它会变得愈来愈残暴。我得将它送到动物园。
Joey: How do you get a monkey into a zoo?
你如何把它送进动物园?
Chandler: I know that one! ...No, that's Popes into a Volkswagen.
我知道,不,那是教皇进入大众汽车。
Ross: Well, we're applying to a lot of them. Naturally our first choice would be one of the bigger state zoos, you know, like, uh, San Diego... right? But that might just be a pipe dream, because, y'know, he's out of state. Uh, my vet, uh, knows someone at Miami, so that's a possibility.
我们到处申请。当然大型州立动物园是优先考虑,比方说San Diego动物园?那可能只是遥不可及的梦想,因为它在加州,兽医说她认识迈阿密的朋友,或许有可能。
Chandler: Yeah, but that's like two blocks away from the beach. I mean, it's a total party zoo.
那儿似乎离海滩只有两条街,一定是个疯狂动物园。
Phoebe: Hey. We found her, we found the girl.
我们找到她了。
Chandler: What?
什么?
Joey: Did you call the cops?
你们喊警察了吗?
Rachel: Nope. We took her to lunch.
没有,我们和她吃午餐。
Chandler: Ah. Your own brand of vigilante justice.
你们自己的“自治正义”。
Ross: What?! Are you insane? This woman stole from you. She stole. She's a stealer.
什么?你疯了?那女人偷了你的东西。她偷东西。她是个小偷。

影片简介

Monica的信用卡被盗用:当收到信用卡消费账单后,她发现小偷过着她梦想要但是又舍不得过的生活。她在一个用她的卡付账的舞蹈课上捉到了“Monica”,“假Monica”颇富人格魅力,Monica同她不打不相识,居然结成好友。和“假Monica”一起相处甚欢……后来“假Monica”被捕。Ross的猴子Marcel到了发情期,总是搞破坏:Ross不得不挑选动物园将它送走。Joey给你想了个艺名Holden McGroin。

重点讲解

背景介绍:

1. he beat you: Ross说Marcel已经到达成熟期,需要交配了。而Chandler正好没有女朋友,所以Joey对他说,在这点上,Marcel比他强。

2. popes into a volkswagen : Pope是教皇,Volkswagen是很大众的车,教皇怎么可能屈尊做大众呢?不过Marcel虽然是Ross最亲密的伙伴,也摆脱不了他是只小猴的命运。猴子进动物园是很理所当然的事情,而Joey却问了这么白的问题,所以Chandler调侃他说了Popesinto a Volkswagen。言下之意,Joey你在说什么呢?Marcel不过是只猴子罢了,拜托别弄得他像教皇一样好吗!

短语学习:

1. as time goes on: 随着时间的推移

eg. This is an area where we will see constant improvement as time goes on.
随着时间的推移,我们将在这一领域看到不断的进步。

eg. As time goes on, we understand it more and more.
随着时间的推移,我们越来越能深刻地理解它了。

2. get off: (使)离开

eg. I get off at the next stop and walk back toward them.
我在前面一站下了车,转身迎面朝他们走过去。

eg. If you get off course, talk it over with your attorney and get back on track.
如果你不再航线上,同你的律师谈论下并且重新回到轨道上。

3. apply to: 向……正式申请

eg. This should apply to any project.
这应该应用于任何项目。

eg. These regulations apply to everyone, without exception.
这些规章对谁都适用,没有例外。

4. pipe dream: 空想,妄想

eg. It feels really cool, but the idea of actually reading it is kind of a pipe dream.
它给人的感觉非常的酷,能够读懂布莱叶盲文是一个让人尖叫的梦想。

简单常用口语:

This sucks! 这太扯了吧! suck: 吮吸;[俚语]令人厌恶

This really sucks! 这真是太逊了!

This class sucks! 这门课讨厌!

This work sucks! 这份工作真烂!

This movie sucks! 这部电影真烂!

分享到
重点单词
  • improvementn. 改进,改善
  • attorneyn. (辩护)律师
  • exceptionn. 除外,例外,[律]异议,反对
  • beatv. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动 n. 敲打,拍子,心跳
  • constantadj. 经常的,不变的 n. 常数,恒量
  • trackn. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲 v. 跟踪,追踪
  • viciousadj. 恶毒的,恶意的,凶残的,剧烈的,严重的
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • plasticadj. 塑料的,可塑的,造型的,整形的,易受影响的 n
  • maturityn. 成熟,(支票等的)到期