《老友记》视听精讲第98课:男人与门之间禁忌的爱
日期:2012-06-07 17:12

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Mrs. Bing: Car's waiting downstairs, I just wanted to drop off these copies of my book for your friends. Autograph. And give you a goodbye kiss, here is the kiss, here is the goodbye... Anything you want from Lisbon?
楼下的车已发动,我只想拿几本我的书给你朋友。我的亲笔签名。还有就是和你告别,这是吻别,这是告别,需要我在里斯本帮你买什么吗?
Chandler: No, no, just knowing you're gonna be there is enough.
不需要,知道你要去就够了。
Mrs. Bing: Alright, well, be good, I love you.
好吧,要乖哦,我爱你。
Chandler:You kissed my best Ross! ...Or something to that effect.
你亲了我最好的Ross!反正差不多。
Mrs. Bing: Okay. Look, it, it was stupid.
好吧,我做了蠢事。
Chandler: Really stupid.
愚蠢至极愚蠢至极。
Mrs. Bing: Really stupid. And I don't even know how it happened. I'm sorry, honey, I promise it will never happen again. Are we okay?
我也不知道是怎么发生的。抱歉,孩子。我保证不会再发生这种事,你没事了吧?
Chandler: Yeah. No. No...
是的,不,不。
Ross: Ah, the forbidden love of a man and his door.
男人与门之间禁忌的爱。
Joey: Shh. He did it. He told her off, and not just about the kiss, about everything.
他说了,他在责备她。不只是亲吻的事,一切都说出来了。
Ross: You're kidding.
你在开玩笑吧?
Joey: No, no. He said "When are you gonna grow up and start being a mom?"
他说你何时才能成熟,开始当个妈?
Ross: Wow!
哇!
Joey: Then she came back with "The question is, when are you gonna grow up and realize I have a bomb?"
等等,她回答说“你何时才能长大了解,我是个性感女郎?”
Ross: 'Kay, wait a minute, are you sure she didn't say "When are you gonna grow up and realize I am your mom?"
等等,你确定她不是说 “你何时才能长大了解,我是你妈?”
Joey: That makes more sense.
这么说好像更有道理。
Ross: So, what's going on now?
现在情况为何?
Joey: I dunno, I've been standing here spelling it out for you! (Goes back to the door) I don't hear anything. Oh, wait, wait, wait. (Looks through the spyhole)
我不知道,我一直在这儿说给你听, 我什么都听不到,等等…
Ross: Whaddya see?
你看见什么?
Joey: Hard to tell, they're so tiny and upsidedown. Wait, wait. They're walking away... they're walking away... No, no they're not; they're coming right at us! Run! Run!
很难说,他们好小而且上下颠倒。他们走过来,他们走过去。不,他们没有。他们走过来了,快逃!
Mrs. Bing: You okay, kiddo?
你还好吧,孩子?
Chandler: Yeah, okay.
嗯,挺好。
Mrs. Bing: Alright.
希望都好。
Chandler: Nice save.
注意安全。
Ross: Mrs. Bing.
你好, Mrs. Bing。
Mrs. Bing: Mr. Geller.
你好, Geller先生。
Chandler: Hey.
嗨。
Ross: You mean that.
你当真?
Chandler: Yeah, why not. So I told her.
对,有何不可?我告诉她了。
Ross: Yeah? How'd it go?
是吗? 结果怎样?
Chandler: Awful. Awful. Couldn'ta gone worse.
很糟,很糟,没有比这更糟的了。
Ross: Well, howdya feel?
感觉怎样?
Chandler: Pretty good! I told her.
不错,我告诉她了。
Ross: Well, see? So, maybe it wasn't such a bad idea, y'know, me kissing your mom, uh? Huh? But... we don't have to go down that road.
瞧,或许我亲你妈不是个馊主意……我们不必继续往下说了。

重点讲解

单词回顾:

1. downstairs: 楼下,楼上是upstairs

2. autograph: 亲笔签名

3. Lisbon: 里斯本(葡萄牙首都)

4. forbidden: 被禁止的

5. kidding: 开玩笑 

6. upsidedown: 颠倒的

7. kiddo: 小孩儿(一种亲昵的称呼)

8. awful: 可怕的

词组记忆:

1. make sense: 有意义;讲得通;言之有理

eg. It all started to make sense.
这一切都开始变得有意义。

eg. Religion is an attempt to make sense of the world, but it does not try and do this in the way science does.
宗教试图使这个世界变得更加有意义,但不会使用科学分析的方式来达成这个目的。

2. spell out: 讲清楚

eg. Avoid abbreviations, because people tend to spell out words in searches.
避免使用缩写,人们在搜索时,一般会拼写出单词。

eg. Completely spell out your state or province and country or region; do not use abbreviations.
完全拼出您的州或省和国家或地区,不要使用缩写。

3. shake hand: 握手

eg. The visitors shake hand sit down at the table.
客人们互相握手,然后坐在桌旁。

eg. Osmanthus fragrant through the beautiful autumn, a smile across time, gently shake hand and I.
桂花的香浓贯穿了美丽的金秋,一个微笑穿越时光,轻轻的和我握手寒暄。

4. to that effect: 表示那个(或这个)意思

5. drop off: 把…… 卸下,减少;让……下车;睡着

eg. But our level of attentiveness tends to drop off over time.
但我们专注的水平随着时间推移而逐渐降低。

eg. At times, their communication would drop off, Mr. Jones said.
有时候他们之间的联络会减少,琼斯说。

6. tell off: [口语]责备;分派出;向……透露

eg. Don't tell off your boss and co-workers, even if you think they deserve it.
即使你认为他们该骂,也不要责骂你的上司和同事。

eg. I am also bossy and happy to tell off teenage boys in the street when they are misbehaving.
我还会专横而高兴地在街上斥责那些行为不端的十几岁男孩。

7. grow up: 长大成人

背景知识:

nice save:赛场上救了个好球就叫nice save,NICE SAVE用来圆场的时候都可以用的,还有例如某人说话,说到半道发现再说就要出错或出丑了,于是及时改了下半句,听出端倪的人就会说:“nice save!”我想chan大概是赞他妈这个吻不错。NICE SAVE用来圆场的时候都可以用的。

分享到
重点单词
  • communicationn. 沟通,交流,通讯,传达,通信
  • deservevi. 应该得到 vt. 应受,值得
  • fragrantadj. 芬香的,馥郁的
  • avoidvt. 避免,逃避
  • tendv. 趋向,易于,照料,护理
  • forbiddenadj. 被禁止的