《老友记》视听精讲第86课:菲比,上台表演了
日期:2012-05-18 15:29

(单词翻译:单击)

台词欣赏

Phoebe:So you guys, I'm doing all new material tonight. I have twelve new songs about my mother's suicide, and one about a snowman.
各位,我今天将唱全新的曲目,我写了12首关于我妈自杀的歌及一首有关雪人的歌。
Chandler:You might wanna open with the snowman.
你最好先唱雪人。
All:Hey, Joey. Hey, buddy.
嗨,老兄。
Monica:So, how'd it go?
如何?
Joey:Ahhhhhh, I didn't get the job.
我没得到那份工作。
Ross:How could you not get it? You were Santa last year.
你怎可能会没得到?你是去年的圣诞老人。
Joey:I dunno. Some fat guy's sleeping with the store manager. He's not even jolly, it's all political.
不知道哪个胖子和店经理有一腿,他根本无法逗人开心,这就是政治。
Monica:So what are you gonna be?
那么你扮演什么?
Joey:Ah, I'm gonna be one of his helpers. It's just such a slap in the face to, y'know?
当他的助手,真是耻辱。
Rachel:Hey, do you guys know what you're doing for New Year's? (They all protest and hit her with cushions) Gee, what?! What is wrong with New Year's?
你们打算如何过新年?什么?新年有什么不对劲吗?
Chandler:Nothing for you, you have Paolo. You don't have to face the horrible pressures of this holiday: Desperate scramble to find anything with lips just so you can have someone to kiss when the ball drops!! Man, I'm talking loud!
你当然没事,你有 Paolo。无须面对新年带来的压力。无须急着寻找有嘴唇的生物,在球落下那一刻有个亲嘴的对象我讲得太愤慨了。
Rachel:Well, for your information, Paolo is gonna be in Rome this New Year, so I'll be just as pathetic as the rest of you.
告诉你吧,Paolo新年时会在罗马所以我将和各位一样可悲。
Phoebe:Yeah, you wish.
想得美。
Chandler:I got an idea, dinner.
我有一个注意,晚餐。
Ross:It is perfect; we will put it between lunch and breakfast.
好极了,我们可以把它放在午饭和早饭之间。
Chandler:It's just that I'm sick of being a victim of this Dick Clark holiday. I say this year, no dates, we make a pact. Just the six of us dinner.
新年时,我不想再听到Dick Clark的疲劳轰炸.今年我们在一起,不出去约会,只有我们6个共进晚餐。
All:Yeah, okay. Alright.
好吧。
Chandler:Y'know, I was hoping for a little more enthusiasm.
我希望大家能更开心点。
All:Woooo! Yeah!
哦!太好啦!
Rachel:Phoebe, you're on.
Phoebe,该上台了。
Phoebe:Oh, oh, good.
好。
Rachel:Okay, hi. Ladies and gentlemen, back by popular demand, Miss Phoebe Buffay. Wooh!
各位应观众要求,Phoebe Buffay小姐。
Phoebe:Thanks, hi. Um, I wanna start with a song that means a lot to me this time of year. I made a man with eyes of coal And a smile so bewitchin'. How was I supposed to know That my mom was dead in the kitchen? La lalala la la la la lalala la la. My mother's ashes, Even her eyelashes, Are resting in a little yellow jar, And sometimes when it's breezy...
谢谢,首先的这首歌在这种时节令我感慨万千,我做了一个人,眼睛是煤炭做的,他有谜样的微笑。我如何能承: 厨房受母亲死在厨房的事实 La lalala la la。母亲的骨灰,甚至是她的睫毛,都安放在一个黄色的小骨灰坛,当有时天寒地冻。

重点讲解

1.Wanna=want to open with: 开始于

2.a slap in the face: 耳光;公然受辱;突然的责备

It felt like a slap in the face.
这感觉像是在脸上的一耳光。

In an interview with GMTV she said: "Personally I think it is a slap in the face, not just to Michael but to the entire family.
在英国早安电视台的采访中,她说:“就个人而言,我认为这是个侮辱,不仅仅是对迈克而言,对我们整个家庭亦如此。

3.be sick of 厌恶;厌倦

Everyone will be sick of having the same food for several days.
几天连续吃同样的食物,任何人都会腻烦。

"You may be sick of him, but me, I have to deal with him every day, " Obama replied.
奥巴马回答道:“你也就是嫌烦,我还得天天跟他打交道呢。”

Iraqis may be sick of the militias loyal to religious parties that terrorised them for years.
伊拉克人也许已经厌倦了恐吓了他们许多年,忠于宗教派别的国民卫队。

4.supposed to 应该,猜想会

You were supposed to be here an hour ago.
你应该在一小时之前赶到这里。

The children were supposed to have spent Thanksgiving with their father that year, but because of the flu they were home with me, for a very special Thanksgiving Day.
那年孩子们本应该和他们的父亲共度感恩节,但因为流感他们和我一起呆在家里,这是一个非常特别的感恩节。

分享到
重点单词
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • popularadj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的
  • interviewn. 接见,会见,面试,面谈 vt. 接见,采访,对 .
  • victimn. 受害者,牺牲
  • protestn. 抗议,反对,声明 v. 抗议,反对,申明
  • pactn. 契约,协定,条约
  • jarn. 不和谐,刺耳声,震动,震惊,广口瓶 vi. 发刺耳
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的
  • enthusiasmn. 热情,热心;热衷的事物