《老友记》视听精讲第457期:现在谁是“傻蛋”
日期:2014-10-09 17:27

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Hey!

嘿!
Hey!
嘿!
I’m sorry I’m late, did I miss anything?
很抱歉,我迟到了,没错过什么吧?
Joey stuffing 15 Oreos in his mouth.
Joey放了15块奥立奥饼干到嘴里。
15? (Joey nods again) Your personal best!
15块?你的个人记录呀!
Where were you?
你到哪去了?
Oh, on a date. Yeah, I met this girl on the train going to a museum upstate.
噢,去赴个约会,那女孩是我在去城郊的博物馆的火车上认识的。
Oh, yeah! How did you meet her?
噢,是么! 你怎么认识她的?
Oh, which museum?
噢,哪个博物馆?
No, answer his.
不用理我,回答他的问题吧。
Okay, it was just me and her at the back of the train, and I sat near the door,
好吧,火车后厢就我们两个人,我坐得靠近门一些,
So she’d have to pass by me if she wanted to switch cars.
那么她如果要转车的话,就得从我边上过。
She was totally at my mercy.
她拿我没办法。
Were you so late because you were burying this woman?
你迟到是因为在掩埋她的尸体吗?
No, I’m getting back down ‘cause she lives in Poughkeepsie.
不是,我赶紧回来了,因为她住在Poughkeepsie。
She seems really great, but she’s like totally great, but she lives two and a half hours away.
看上去真的很不错,但是她只是似乎很不错,但是她住在2个半小时的路程外。
How can she be great if she’s from Poughkeepsie? That joke would’ve killed in Albany.
她都住在Poughkeepsie了,怎么还会很棒? 我是说,到Albany就没笑话可讲了。
Done! I did it! Heh, who’s stupid now?
好了! 我吃下去了! 嘿,现在谁才傻?

影视精讲


at the back of: 在…后面
More importantly, she never again stood at the back of the line.
更为重要的是,她再也不躲在队列的末尾了。
We may detect at the back of it a characteristically british reluctance to regard any one system as the best of all.
我们可以发现在其背后,英国人典型地不愿将之视为最好的一种制度。

pass by sb: 从某人身边经过
Write this promise out on a piece of paper and post it somewhere that you pass by every day.
将这一承诺写在一张纸上,将它贴在你每天要经过的地方。
People that pass by the area will see your name on the sign announcing your sponsorship.
路过的人们会看到宣布你认领的标志上你的名字。

at one’s mercy: 在某人的控制下
We cannot afford a future in which knowledge is at the mercy of popularity and money.
在知识受流行度和金钱支配的未来,我们无法承受之重。
We are otherwise at the mercy of the geopolitical weather.
否则,我们只能听凭地缘政治气候的摆布。

分享到
重点单词
  • mercyn. 怜悯,宽恕,仁慈,恩惠 adj. 仁慈的,宽
  • popularityn. 普及,流行,名望,受欢迎
  • reluctancen. 不愿,勉强,厌恶
  • switchn. 开关,转换,鞭子 v. 转换,改变,交换,鞭打