《老友记》视听精讲第288期:不打脸的事不是个坏主意
日期:2013-07-17 11:34

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


ROSS: Well we did it, we're here. We are standing our ground. How long does a cup of coffee take?

恩,我们做到了。我们来到这里,挺立在我们的领地上,弄杯咖啡花这么长时间?

CHANDLER: Would you come on! Come on!Thank you.

你能不能快点,快点,谢谢。

CHANDLER: Ah, there we go.

啊,我们做到了。

ROSS: I think we proved our point.

我想我们已经证明了我们的能力

ROSS: You burn your mouth?

你烫到嘴了?

ROSS: Cannot feel my tounge.

已经感觉不到舌头了。

CHANDLER: Bullies, big bullies.

欺负人的那伙人。

LITTLE BULLY: Oh, look who's here, it's the weenies.

哦,瞧瞧谁在这儿,是小不点们。

BIG BULLY: Did we not make ourselves clear the other day.

我们那天没说清楚吗。

ROSS: Yes, and that's why we're here.

说清楚了,那也是为什么我们来了。

CHANDLER: Yes, we're standing out ground...apparently.

对,我们挺立在我们的领地上...显然地。

LITTLE BULLY: Let's do this alright.

来吧。

ROSS: Woah, ho-ho, whad'ya got there, a weapon?

哇喔喔,你有什么?一个武器?

LITTLE BULLY: It's a nice watch, I don't wanna break it on your ribs.

这是块好表。我不愿意打碎在你的肋骨上。

CHANDLER: Alright, let's do this.

好吧,我们开始。

LITTLE BULLY: Alright.

来吧。

CHANDLER: Question. If I don't care about my watch, can I use it as a weapon?

问题,如果我不在乎我的手表,我能用它作为武器吗?

ROSS: Whad'ya mean?

你什么意思?

CHANDLER: Well, it's sharp, it's metal, I think I can do some, you know, serious damage with it.

嗯,它很尖锐,是金属的。我想我能,嗯,用它弄出些严重的伤害。

BIG BULLY: No, you can't use your watch.

不。你不能用你的表

CHANDLER: Ok.

好吧。

BIG BULLY: Or your keys.

或者是你的钥匙。

CHANDLER: Ok.


LITTLE BULLY: Look, here's what we'll do. We'll put all keys and watches in the hat over there. Alright. Alright, c'mon man, let's do this.

这么找,我们把所有的表,钥匙放在这个帽子里,把帽子放到那边,好嘞,哥们,来吧。

ROSS: Before I forget, are we hitting faces?

在我忘了之前问一句,我们打脸吗?

BIG BULLY: Of course we're hitting faces, why wouldn't you hit faces?

当然打脸?为什么不打脸?

ROSS: Well because I have to work on Monday, I have a big presentation.

因为我周一要上班。我有个很重要的现场演说。

LITTLE BULLY: Actually, you know, uh, I gotta show this apartment tomorrow and uh, you know, this no faces thing might not be a bad idea.

实际上,恩,我明天要展示那个公寓,所以,恩,这个不打脸的事不是个坏主意。

BIG BULLY: Ok, nothing from the neck up.Or the waist down. Dana's ovulating.

Ok,不打脖子以上的,或者是腰以下的,Dana正在排卵期。

LITTLE BULLY: Oh really, you guys tryin' again?

哦,真的?你们又在试了?

BIG BULLY: Yeah.

是的。

CHANDLER: Ok, so let me just get this straight. So we're uh, strictly talking about the middle?

Ok,让我直说吧,我们就是指中间这部分?

BIG BULLY: C'MON!

来吧!

ROSS: Hey, hey, woah, you want some of this, huh? You want a piece of this, huh? I'm standin here, huh.

嗨,嗨,哇喔,你想来点这个,恩?想来点这个,恩?我站着这儿呢。

CHANDLER: Hey, hey, those guys are takin our stuff!

嗨嗨,那些家伙拿我们的东西

ROSS: Hey.


BIG BULLY: Hey.

回来。

影视精讲


ROSS和CHANDLER为了坚定他们的立场,又回到了咖啡店。

1. stand ground 坚持立场

eg. But you should be firm and stand your ground on how you want to handle your end of gift giving.

但是你应该坚定你的立场,就是如何处理年底年底得到的礼物。

2. burn one's mouth 烫到嘴

3. make oneself clear 表达清楚

eg. I think I've made myself clear.

我认为我已经讲明白了。

4. ovulate vi. 排卵

5. Let's get this straight.

让我直说吧。

分享到
重点单词
  • bullyn. 欺凌弱小者,土霸,开球 vt. 威胁,恐吓,欺负
  • waistn. 腰,腰部
  • handlen. 柄,把手 v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭
  • presentationn. 陈述,介绍,赠与 n. [美]讲课,报告
  • strictlyadv. 严格地