(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Joey: Hello? Oh, hi. Yeah, hold on a second. Ross, its Julie, for you.
你好?哦,嗨,是的,请等一下,Ross,Julie找你。
Ross: Hello? Hi.
哈喽,嗨!
Chandler: Hi. Anybody know a good tailor?
谁能介绍一个好裁缝?
Joey: Needs some clothes altered?
需要改衣服吗?
Chandler: No, no, I'm just looking for a man to draw on me with chalk.
不,我只是要找一个人用粉笔在我身上划线。
Joey: Why don't you go see Frankie? My family's been going to him forever. He did my first suit when I was 15. No wait, 16. No, excuse me, 15. All right, when was 1990?
为什么不去找Frankie?我家人一直都找他做衣服。我十五岁第一套西装就是他做的。不,十六岁。不,对不起,是十五岁。1990年是几岁?
Chandler: You have to stop the Qtip when there's resistance!
当你掏耳朵时碰到东西就要停下来。
Ross: Ok, ok, sweetheart, I'll see you later. Ok, bye. What? Oh, that is so sweet. No, no, ok, you hang up. Ok, ok, one, two, three. Well you didn't hang up either.
好,甜心,待会见。好,再见.你真好.不,不,好,你先挂。好的,一、二、三。你也没有挂。
Rachel: She didn't hang up either!
她也没有挂。
Ross: Ok, no, no, you hang up. You, you, y—
不,不,不,你挂电话。你挂,你挂——
Rachel: Sorry, I thought you were talking to me.
抱歉,我以为你在和我说话。
Ross: Rachel! I'll just call her back.
Rachel,我会给她打回去。
Rachel: Okay!
好的!
Ross: Hi? Sorry, we got disconnected...
嗨?对不起,我们被中断了。
Rachel: Ok, ok, ok. How did this happen to me? How did this happen to me? A week ago, two weeks ago, I was fine. Ross was just Ross, just this guy. Now he's Rrrooossss, oh, this really great guy that I can't have.
我到底是怎么回事?一周前,两周前,我很好。Ross只是Ross,现在突然间,他不一样了,噢,变成这个我无法得到的大帅哥。
Monica: Sweetie, I wanted you to have him too.
甜心,我也希望你能得到他。
Rachel: I know you did. I'm just gonna deal with it, I'm just gonna deal with it. I got to get out of here.
我知道你的心意。我必须要想办法处理这件事。我必须要离开这里。
Chandler: Ok, I don't care what you guys say, something's bothering her.
我不管你们怎么说她有心事。
影片简介
Rachel兴冲冲去机场接Ross,满怀期待想和他书写新篇章,但Ross带着Julie(华裔女孩)回国,却使她美梦破碎。泄露Ross喜欢Rachel的大嘴巴是Chandler,在Ross出国前劝他忘了Rachel的也是Chandler,Chandler为此愧疚不已。大家一起看相扑节目。Phoebe给Joey和Chandler做发型;Monica眼红要凑热闹。Phoebe说Monica你太挑剔,我怕搞砸被你骂,却又在后者的再三哀求下让步。
划红精讲
背景介绍:
Qtip: 美国一种棉花签的商标。由于它的质量很好,名字也很形象(棉花签就像头上有一个Q字母一样),所以已经成为了棉花签的代名词。美国人经常用它来挖耳朵。因此当Joey为1990年自己究竟几岁而困惑时,Chandler说:“你如果碰到阻碍,就不要再把棉花签伸进去。”Chandler是在嘲讽Joey,不要再费脑筋了,以免把自己脑筋想坏了。
短语学习:
1. hold on: 别挂断电话
(1) 握住
eg. His right arm was extended up beside his head, still holding on to a coffee cup.
他的右臂向头的一侧伸开,手上还紧紧握着一只咖啡杯。
(2) 坚持不懈
eg. The Rams held on to defeat the Nevada Wolf Pack in Reno, 32-28.
公羊队坚忍不拔,在雷诺市以32比28的比分击败了内华达狼群队。
(3) 稍等片刻[口语]
eg. The manager asked him to hold on while he investigated.
经理让他稍等一会,他去调查一下。
2. hang up: 挂电话
eg. I have to hang up now.
我现在必须挂电话了。
eg. Is it time to hang up the skinny ties and slim jeans?
把细条领带和修身牛仔裤挂起来的时候到了吗?