(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Is ah, is Chandler around?
Chandler在吗?
No, umm, he met some girl at the coffee house.
他在咖啡厅认识一个女的。
Oooh.
喔。
Yeah, Ginger something.
Ginger什么的。
No. No, no, ah, are you sure it wasn’t something that sounded like Ginger, like ah, Gingeer?
不。你确定不是 Ginger的谐音而已,像Gingeer什么的?
No, it was Ginger. I remember, because when he told me, I said, (singing) “the movie star”.
不,是 Ginge。我之所以记得是因为他告诉我的时候,我说“电影明星”。
Aww, man. That’s the girl I was hiding from. When she finds out he’s my roommate, she’s gonna tell him what I did.
老天,我就是在躲这个女的,她要是知道他是我室友,一定会把我抖出来。
Well, what did you do?
你做了什么事?
What, oh, oh, oh, no, no, I can’t, I can’t tell you that, it’s like the most awful, horrible thing I’ve ever done my whole life.
不,我不能,我不能跟你说,我从没做过这么过份的事。
You know what, don’t tell us. We’ll just wait until Chandler gets home, (to Phoebe) because it’ll be more fun that way.
别告诉我们,等Chandler回家再说,因为那样更好玩。
All right!! Okay, it was like four years ago. Okay, Ginger and I had gone out a few times, and then this one weekend, we went up to her Dad’s cabin.
好吧。大概是四年前, Ginger和我约了几次会。有一个周末我们到她爸爸的渡假木屋。
Just me, her, and her annoying little dog Pepper. Well that night, I cooked this really romantic dinner....
只有我们两个人和她那讨厌的小狗Pepper,那天晚上我做了一顿烛光晚餐…
You gave her food poisoning!?
你给她下毒。
I wish. No. After dinner, me, her, and Pepper all fell asleep in front of the fire. Well I woke up in the middle of the night and I saw that the fire was dying out.
我才想呢。不是。晚饭后,我们两个和Pepper在炉火前面睡着了。我在半夜醒来,看到火快熄了。
So, I picked up a log and threw it on. Or, at least what I thought was a log.
所以,我就拿起一条木柴丢进去了,至少我以为那是一条木柴。
Oh my God!! You threw Pepper on the fire!
哦,我的天哪,你把Pepper丢进火里了!
I wish. See, I guess another thing I probably should’ve told you about Ginger is that she kinda has a ah, artificial leg.
我才想呢。还有一件事我应该告诉你们, Ginge她其实装了义肢。
Oh my God! Joey, what did you do after you threw her leg on the fire?
哦,我的天哪,你把她的腿丢进火里之后怎么办了?
I ran!!
我落跑了。
影视精讲
hide from: 隐瞒,躲避
You can't hide from youself forever.
你不能永远把自己隐藏起来。
Is there anything else you hide from me?
你还有其它瞒着我的事吗?
wake up: 醒来
However you will notice the difference when you wake up.
但是,当你醒来时将会发现不同之处。
die out: 逐渐消失;渐渐停息
Once the fire has died out, the salvage team will move in.
一旦大火熄灭,救援小组就会马上进入。
How did the dinosaurs die out?...
恐龙是如何灭绝的?
pick up: 捡起
He picked his cap up from the floor and stuck it back on his head...
他从地板上拾起帽子,重新戴在头上。