《老友记》视听精讲第162期:苹果和橘子是两码事
日期:2012-11-01 17:45

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Chandler: Can I use your phone?
能借用你的电话吗?
Monica: Yeah.. uh, but for future reference, that thing in your hand can also be used as a phone.
可以,不过……我指点你一下,你拿的那支也是电话。
Chandler: Yes, it's working! Why isn't she calling me back?
这电话没问题啊,她为何不回电?
Joey: Maybe she never got your message.
或许她没听到你的留言,
Phoebe: You know, if you want, you can call her machine, and if she has a lot of beeps, that means she probably didn't get her messages yet.
如果愿意你可以打给她的留言机。如果听见许多哔声,那代表她或许没听见留言。
Chandler: You don't think that makes me seem a little...
难道你不认为这样会使我感觉有点……
Ross: ...desperate, needy, pathetic?
绝望,渴望,可悲?
Chandler: Ah, you obviously saw my personal ad.
你显然看过我的征友启事。
Phoebe: How many beeps?
哔几声?
Chandler: She answered.
她接的。
Monica: You see, this is where you could use that 'hello' word we talked about.
此时你该向她打招呼才对。
Chandler: I'm not gonna talk to her, she obviously got my message and is choosing not to call me. Now I'm needy and snubbed. God, I miss just being needy.
她显然听到我的留言而且选择不回电,我既渴望又被人冷落,我真想念纯渴望的滋味。
All: Hey! Hi!
你好。
Phoebe: How did he take it?
嘿,他表现如何?
Rachel: Pretty well, actually...
还不错。
Monica: Uh, Rachel... how come you have dental floss in your hair?
Rachel你头发上为何有牙线?
Rachel: Oh, do I?
有吗?
Monica: Uh huh.
嗯。
Rachel: We ended up having sex in his chair.
我们在他椅子上做爱。
Monica: You had sex in his chair?!... I said that a little too loudly, didn't I?
你们在他椅子上做爱?我是否说得太大声?
Ross: Youyou had what?
你们什么?
Phoebe: Sex in his chair.
在他椅子上做爱。
Ross: What, uh... what were you thinking?
你到底在想什么?
Rachel: I don't know! I mean, we still care about each other. There's a history there. It's like you and Carol.
我也不知道我们仍在乎对方我们曾相爱过,就像你和Carol一样。
Ross: No! No no, it is nothing like me and Carol!
不,不像我和Carol!
Rachel: Please. If she said to you, "Ross, I want you on this couch, right here, right now," what would you say?
拜托,如果她说:罗斯我要你躺在这沙发上,此时此地,你会怎么回答?
Chandler: If it helps, I could slide over.
如果需要我可以过去点。
Ross: It's, it's, it's, uh, a totally different situation! It's, it's apples and oranges, it's, it's orthodontists and lesbian I gotta go.
这完全是两回事,这是苹果和橘子,牙医和女同志,我走了。
Phoebe: Where are you going?
你要上哪儿去?
Ross: I just have to go, all right? Do I need a reason? Huh? I mean I have things to do with my life, I have a jam packed schedule, and I am late for keeping up with it. Okay?
我就是要走,行吗?需要理由吗?我有自己的人生要过,我有许多事要做,我已经被某事给耽误了。

影片简介

大家在争论花生酱饼干和咸味饼孰优孰劣时,发现有人在用望远镜向室内偷窥:Joey发现那是个不错的女人。众人埋怨偷窥者举止下流,Phoebe窥见丑陋裸男穿着重力靴,大家又蜂拥去看。Chandler和Danielle约会感觉非常好,他很想打电话给她却又不想显得太猴急。Rachel想安慰Barry,结果却和他上了床;当她与Barry的现任未婚妻Mindy碰面交谈之后,Rachel发现Barry惯于脚踏两船,真不是个东西。

重点讲解

词组学习:

1. slide over: 回避,略过

eg. Sweat in the hot sun baked, drop by drop, slowly slide over the skin.
汗在烈日下烤出来,一滴一滴,缓缓滑过皮肤。

eg. The dancers appeared to slide over the floor, their feet hardly touching it.
舞蹈者几乎脚不着地,就像在地板上滑过似的。

2. keep up with: 维持,继续

eg. Only in cities can children be well prepared for their future life and keep up with the trend of the world.
只有在城市里孩子们才能为他们未来的生活作好准备并与世界趋势同步。

eg. Your mind will keep up with your reading speed if you ask it to.
如果你要求你的思路能与你的阅读速度保持同步,那你是能做到的。

常用口语句子:

1. It is nothing like me and Carol! 不像我和Carol!

It is nothing like... 这一点也不像……

eg. It is nothing like a button-down Wall Street brokerage firm.
这绝不是一家中规中矩的华尔街经纪公司。

eg. It is nothing like my last trip to the North-east.
这和我上次的东北之行完全不同。

分享到
重点单词
  • trendn. 趋势,倾向,方位 vi. 倾向,转向
  • slidevi. 滑,滑动,滑入,悄悄地溜走 vt. 使滑动 n.
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的
  • sweatn. 汗,汗水 v. (使)出汗 n. (凝结在物
  • referencen. 参考,出处,参照 n. 推荐人,推荐函 vt. 提