《老友记》视听精讲第113课:烧东西或者念经
日期:2012-08-10 17:27

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Chandler:Ok, I'm making a break for it, I'm going out the window.
好吧,我要逃了,我要从窗子爬出去。
Joey:No, no, no, don't! I've been waiting for like, forever to go out with Lorraine. Just calm down.
不,不,不,别这样!我一直梦想与Lorraine约会,冷静点。
Chandler:Calm down? Calm down? You set me up with the woman that I've dumped twice in the last five months!
冷静?冷静?你竟撮合我与在五个月内被我甩掉两次的女人!
Joey:Can you stop yelling? You're making me nervous, and I can't go when I'm nervous.
别这么大声行吗?你让我紧张得……我一紧张就尿不出来。
Chandler:I'm sorry, I'm sorry, you're right. Come on, do it, do it, go, come on!
对不起,对不起,你说得没错。快点,快尿,快尿,快点!
Rachel:Ok, ok, Roger was creepy, but he was nothing compared to Pete Carney.
好吧,好吧,Roger很烦人,但是跟Pete Caeney相比较还差的远呢。
Monica:Which one was Pete Carney?
谁是Pete Caeney?
Rachel:Pete the Weeper? Remember that guy who used to cry every time we had sex. "Was it good for you?"
爱哭鬼Pete,我们每次做爱他就哭,“你满足吗?”
Monica:Yeah, well, I'll take a little crying any day over Howardthe"Iwin"guy. "I win! I win!" I went out with the guy for two months—I didn't get to win once.
记得啊,不错,我每天都想为Howard那个家伙哭,“我赢了!”、“我赢了”,我和他约会两个月,一次都没赢过。
Rachel:How did we end up with these jerks? We're good people!
我们怎会和这些浑蛋在一起?我们可是良家妇女。
Monica:I don't know. Maybe we're some kinda magnets.
我不知道,也许咱们有某种吸引力吧。
Phoebe:I know I am. That's why I can't wear a digital watch.
我知道我有,所以我不能戴电子表。
Monica:There's more beer, right?
还有啤酒,对吧?
Phoebe:Oh! You know my friend Abby who shaves her head? She said that if you want to break the bad boyfriend cycle, you can do like a cleansing ritual.
哦!你们还记得我那个朋友Abby吧,就是那个剃光头的女人。她说过,如果你想要停止与恶男交往的恶性循环,你可以做一个净化仪式。
Rachel:Pheebes, this woman is voluntarily bald.
Pheebes,那个女人可是主动剃光头的。
Phoebe:Yeah. So, we can do it tomorrow night, you guys. It's Valentine's Day. It's perfect.
是啊,所以我们可以在明天晚上举办这样的仪式,明天是情人节,正好。
Monica:Ok, well, what kind of ritual?
好吧,但是,是什么样的仪式啊?
Phoebe:Ok. We can, um, we can burn the stuff they gave us.
好吧,咱们可以烧掉他们送的东西。
Rachel:Or?
或者是?
Phoebe:Or...or we can chant and dance around naked, you know, with sticks.
或是念经,拿着权杖裸体跳舞。
Monica:Burning's good.
烧东西不错。
Rachel:Burning's good. Yeah, I got stuff to burn.
烧东西不错,就是,我有东西可以烧。

重点讲解
词汇学习:

1.calm down.: 镇定下来

eg. Calm down, there's nothing to worry about.
安静下来吧,没有什么值得焦虑的。

eg. You'd better calm down and level your voice when you give a speech.
演讲时你最好镇定下来并放平声调。

2.set A up with B: 介绍B给A认识

3.compared to: 与……相比

eg. Look at the Cross and say “You have really suffered for me. My suffering is nothing compared to Yours.
仰望十字架,然后向上帝说:祢已经为我经历了最本质的痛苦,我现在的苦难是无法与之相比的。

eg. I think it was successful, but it was limited compared to the things he's involved with now.
我认为这是成功的,但这与他如今参与的慈善项目比较起来显得太局限了。

4.go out with: 和……约会

eg. In America, they go out with their friends.
在美国,他们与他们的朋友出去。

eg. Instant romance could be yours if you go out with friends.
如果和朋友聚会,可能会有一见钟情的浪漫情缘。

5.used to do: 过去常常做某事

eg. I used to do this a lot and for me a drive to and from town was 20 minutes every time.
我过去常常这样,而我在城镇间来回每次就要20分钟。

6.end up with: 以……告终

eg. In the normal course of events, you would like to end up with what you started.
在正常的情况下,您可能会以回到开始的地方而结束。

单词回顾:

1. dump: 抛弃
2. weeper: 爱哭的人
3. have sex: 发生性行为
4. kinda: =kind of 有几分
5. magnet: 有吸引力的人

分享到
重点单词
  • voluntarilyadv. 自动地,以自由意志
  • limitedadj. 有限的,被限制的 动词limit的过去式和过去
  • magnetn. 磁体,磁铁,有强大吸引力的人或物
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • chantn. 圣歌,赞美诗,旋律,喊叫 vt. 吟唱,诵扬,叫喊
  • ritualn. 仪式,典礼,宗教仪式,固定程序 adj. 仪式的,