《老友记》视听精讲第219期:你是二号吵闹女孩
日期:2013-02-27 17:35

(单词翻译:单击)

星级典句

Phoebe: Ok, it's very faint, but I can still sense him in the building. Go into the light, Mr. Heckles!
很微弱,但我还可以感觉他在大楼里。进入光芒中,Heckles先生!
Chandler: Ok, Phoebe.
好了,Phoebe。
Phoebe: I'm sorry, but sometimes they need help. That's fine. Go ahead and scoff. You know, there're a lot of things that I don't believe in, but that doesn't mean they're not true.
对不起有时候他们需要帮助,又来了,很好,嘲笑我吧。我不相信很多事情……但这不表示就不是真的。
Joey: Such as?
譬如什么事?
Phoebe: Like crop circles, or the Bermuda triangle, or evolution?
像是玉米田图案或百慕达三角或演化论。
Ross: Whoa, whoa, whoa. What, you don't, uh, you don't believe in evolution?
你不相信进化论?
Phoebe: Nah. Not really.
不真的相信。
Ross: You don't believe in evolution?
你不相信进化论?
Phoebe: I don't know, it's just, you know...monkeys, Darwin, you know, it's a, it's a nice story, I just think it's a little too easy.
我不知道,只是……猴子,达尔文,很好的故事我只是觉得有点太简单。
Ross: Too easy? Too...The process of every living thing on this planet evolving over millions of years from singlecelled organisms, too easy?
太简单?太……这个星球上的一切生物经过数千万年……从单细胞微生物进化而成而你说太简单?
Phoebe: Yeah, I just don't buy it.
对,我不太相信。
Ross: Uh, excuse me. Evolution is not for you to buy, Phoebe. Evolution is scientific fact, like, like, like the air we breathe, like gravity.
对不起,进化论不是信不信由你,Phoebe. 进化论是科学事实就像我们呼吸的空气……就像地心引力。
Phoebe: Ok, don't get me started on gravity.
别跟我提起地心引力。
Ross: You uh, you don't believe in gravity?
你不相信地心引力?
Phoebe: Well, it's not so much that you know, like I don't believe in it, you know, it's just...I don't know, lately I get the feeling that I'm not so much being pulled down as I am being pushed.
倒不是相不相信的问题,最近我感觉到…… 我不是被吸住,而是被压着,被压着……
Chandler: Uh Oh. It's Isaac Newton, and he's pissed.
那是牛顿,他非常火大。
Mr.Treeger: There she is. And over there, that's the other one. This is Mr. Buddy Boyle, Mr. Heckles' attorney. He'd like to talk to you.
她在那边,那里还有另一个。这是Buddy Boyle, Heckle的律师, 他想跟你们谈谈。
Monica: What can we do for you?
有何贵干?
Mr. Boyle: All right, kids. Here's the deal. According to my client's will, he wants to leave all his earthly possessions to "the noisy girls in the apartment above mine".
根据我客户的遗嘱…… 他要把他所有财产……都留给楼上吵闹的女孩们。
Monica: Well, what about his family?
他的家人呢?
Mr. Boyle: He didn't have any.
他没有家人。
Rachel: Ok, so let's talk money.
好,让我们看看有多少钱。
Mr. Boyle: All right, there was none. Let's talk signing. You be noisy girl number one, you be noisy girl number two.
好,没有半毛钱。现在,我们来签字。你是一号吵闹女孩,你是二号吵闹女孩。

影片简介

Chandler说现女友鼻孔大得可以看见她的脑汁儿所以甩掉了她——他总是善于用这种表面化的理由来逃避真正的男女关系。Mr. Heckles 又上楼来抱怨噪音太大,别吵他的鸟儿了(他真的喂鸟了吗?)Phoebe、Rachel和Joey 模仿Janice。Mr. Heckles 死了,手里仍然握着扫帚。很显然他是在捅楼顶抗议时猝死的。Phoebe不相信进化论,这可急坏了Ross:他相信作为科研人员自己有义务对Phoebe进行科普教育。

划红精讲

背景介绍:

Isaac Newton: 怪怪的Phoebe在说她对科学真理的怀疑时,她说她也不一定相信重力,因为有时她倒下去时并没有感到有人在推自己那种强大的力量。Chandler开玩笑说:“那是伊萨克·牛顿,他一定是生气了。”牛顿是发现重力的著名物理学家。

短语句子:

1. buy: 相信To be convinced to believe something.from Urban Dictionary

I just don't buy it. 我不太相信。

2. pull down: 摧毁,推翻;拉下来;使……下跌

eg. Richard, can you pull down your pants?
理查德,你能脱下你的裤子吗?

eg. Love thy neighbour; yet don't pull down your hedge.
去爱你的老街坊; 但别拆了篱笆墙。

3. pissed off 生气,不高兴;愤怒

eg. Pissed off like you wouldn’t believe.
你无法相信我有多生气。

eg. Impressive in leather pants, but pissed off.
即使是皮裤让人印象深刻,我也会很生气。

4. here's the deal: 事情是这样的

eg. Look. These T-shirts are in bad condition. Here's the deal:I'll buy all of them for 30% off, okay?
你瞧这些衬衫都有点毛病。你看这样行不行,我全包了,你给我打七折,怎么样?

分享到
重点单词
  • gravityn. 重力,严重,庄重,严肃
  • impressiveadj. 给人深刻印象的
  • hedgen. 树篱,篱笆,障碍,防护物,套期保值,推诿 v. 用
  • attorneyn. (辩护)律师
  • urbanadj. 城市的,都市的
  • scoffn. 嘲笑,笑柄,愚弄 v. 嘲笑,嘲弄,愚弄,狼吞虎咽
  • earthlyadj. 地球的,俗世的,可能的
  • convincedadj. 信服的
  • evolutionn. 进化,发展,演变
  • planetn. 行星