《老友记》视听精讲第327期:卖饼干的小女孩迷恋外太空
日期:2014-02-21 08:58

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


So, this must be kinda neat for ya, huh? I mean, your Dad tells me that you get a couple of days off school, and you, you ah, don't have to sell those cookies anymore.
你一定很高兴吧?你爸爸说你可以不用上学,也不必再去卖饼干了。
Well, I kinda wanted to sell the cookies. The girl who sells the most wins a trip to Spacecamp, and gets to sit in a real space shuttle.
我很想去卖饼干,卖最多饼干的人可以免费参加太空营,坐上真正的太空梭。
Wow, you ah, you really like all this space stuff, huh?
你很喜欢太空的东西,是吧?
Yeah. My Dad says if I spend as much time helping him clean apartments, as I do daydreaming about outer space, he'd be able to afford a trip to the Taj Mahal.
我爸爸说如果我帮他清洁公寓的时间和我做太空梦的时间一样多,他就可以去泰姬玛哈陵了。
I think you would have to clean a whole lot of apartments to go all the way to India.
要清洁很多间公寓才有钱去印度
No. The one in Atlantic City, Dad loves the slots. He says he's gonna double the college money my Grandma left me.
不,是大西洋城的泰姬玛哈陵,爸爸喜欢吃角子老虎。他说可以把祖母留给我的大学学费再增加一倍。
Huh. Well, good luck to Dad. Say, how many more boxes would you have to sell in order to win?
那就祝爸爸好运吧。要卖多少盒饼干才能获胜?
The girl who won last year sold four hundred and seventy-five.
去年的冠军卖了475盒
Yeah.

So far, I've sold seventy-five.
我到目前为止卖了75盒
Four hundred, huh? Well, that sounds do-able. (starts to get out his wallet) How much are the boxes?
还有四百盒,应该不难,一盒多少钱?
Five dollars a box.
五块钱
And what is second prize?
二等奖是什么?
A ten speed bike. But, I'd rather have something my Dad couldn't sell.
十段变速脚踏车,但我宁可要爸爸不能变卖的东西。
Well, that makes sense.
这也对
Could you do me one favor, if it's not too much trouble?
帮我一个忙好吗?
Yeah, Sarah, anything.
好的,莎拉,你说一句就行了
Could you pull open the curtains for me? The astronauts from the space shuttle are gonna be on the news, and since we don't have a TV, the lady across the alley said she'd push hers up to a window, so I could watch it.
你帮我把窗帘拉起来好吗?太空人会上电视新闻,我们没有电视,对面的小姐…说她会把她的电视推到窗口让我看。

影视精讲


spend time doing something花时间做某事
I'm not about to waste my time doing something foolish.
我绝不再浪费时间做愚蠢的事了。

do daydreaming about做白日梦
How much of your life do you spend daydreaming about the life you want to lead, rather than just living it?
你用了多少人生幻想你想要的生活,而没有真的去那样生活?

in order to为了…
One must believe in order to acquire understanding.
一个人为了能够获得理解就必须相信。
They need to save troubled governments in order to prevent contagion.
他们需要拯救陷入困境的政府来阻止危机蔓延开来。

do me one favor帮我一个忙
just do me one favor, ok?
帮我一个忙好吗?

分享到
重点单词
  • contagionn. 传染病,接触传染,蔓延
  • acquirevt. 获得,取得,学到
  • troubledadj. 动乱的,不安的;混乱的;困惑的
  • preventv. 预防,防止
  • walletn. 皮夹,钱包