(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Soothing male voice:... a sound Mom and Dad never forget. For this after all, is the miracle of birth.
爸妈永远忘不了这声音,这是生产的奇迹。
Teacher:Lights please. And that's having a baby. Next week is our final class.
请开灯。这一集是生宝宝,下周是我们的最后一堂课。
Ross:Susan, go deep.
Susan,准备接球。
Carol:This is impossible. It's just impossible.
这不可能,这根本不可能。
Susan:What is up, honey?
怎么了?
Carol:What that woman did. I am not doing that. It's just gonna have to stay in, that's all, everything will be the same, it'll just stay in.
我不做那女人做的事,他得留在我体内,一切和原来一样!他得留在我体内。
Ross:Carol, honey, shhh, shhh, everything's gonna be alright.
Carol,不会有事的。
Carol:Oh, what do you know? No one's doing up to you and saying, "Hi is that your nostril? Mind if we push this pot roast thought it?"
你怎么知道?当然不会有人对你说:“这是你的鼻孔吗?我能将这肉块穿你的鼻孔吗?”
Susan:Carol, Carol, sweetie. Cleansing breath.I know it's frightening, but, big picture. The birth part is just one day, and when it's over, we're all gonna be parents for the rest of our lives.
Caro,Carol,亲爱的。深呼吸!我知道你很惶恐,往远处想,生产过程只是一天, 结束后他这辈子都是我们的儿子。
Susan:I mean, that's what this is all about, right? Ross? Ross?
怀胎生子为的不就是这些吗?对吧?Ross?Ross?
Ross:I'm gonna be a father.
我要当爸爸了。
Rachel:This is just occurring to you?
你才刚知道?
Ross:I always knew I was having a baby, I just never realised the baby was having me.
我一直都知道我有个孩子,只是不知道孩子有我。
Rachel:Oh, you're gonna be great!
你会是个好爸爸的。
Ross:Aw, how can you say that? I can't even get Marcel to stop eating the bath mat. How am I gonna raise a kid?
你怎会知道?我连阻止Marcel吃浴室垫都办不到,我如何养儿育女?
Chandler:You know, Ross, some scientists are now saying that, that monkeys and babies are actually different. You might want to look into it.
Ross,科学家说孩子和猴子是不一样的。你可以调查一下。
Phoebe:Where're you going?
你去哪儿?
Joey:Out.
出去。
Phoebe:With?
和谁?
Joey:Yes.
是的,你知道。
Phoebe:Alright, can I just ask you one question? Have you two, you know... like... you know... you know... yet?
能问你一个问题吗?你们有没有,你明白的,就像,你知道的嘛?
Joey:Well, not that it's any of your business, but, no, we haven't,okay? You meant sex, right?
不关你的事,没有,行了吗?你是指性吧?
重点讲解
背景知识:
1. big picture: [美国俚语]特种宽银幕电影
2. alright: =all right没问题的
3. have a baby: 生孩子
词汇学习:
1. soothing: 安慰的
eg. It was used to describe the soothing effect of medicine.
它被用来描述药物使人宽心的作用。
2. after all: 毕竟
eg. After all, we have plenty of reasons not to.
毕竟,我们总有很多理由不说实话。
3. occur to: 想起,想到
eg. In some ways, it might just occur to me this identification of the gay gene.
某种程度上来讲,这让我想起了,同性恋基因的认定。
4. spread his arms wide: 插腰 spread: 伸展 wide: 宽阔的