《老友记》视听精讲第122课:将来在奥运会上当服务生
日期:2012-08-23 16:44

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Ross:Celia, don't worry! Don't scream! He's not going to hurt you! Soothing tones, Celia. soothing tones! Marcel...
Celia,别担心,别叫,它不会伤害你的,用安抚的语调说。
Celia:I can't stand this! He's got his claws in my...
我受不了了,它的爪子……
Ross:Alright...
乖……
Monica:OK, try this salmon mousse.
试试这鲑鱼慕斯。
Joey:Mmmm. Good.
好吃。
Monica:Is it better than the other salmon mousse?
比其他的鲑鱼慕斯好吃?
Joey:It's creamier.
它更有奶油味。
Monica:Yeah, well, is that better?
是吗?更好?
Joey:I don't know. We're talking about whipped fish, Monica. I'm just happy I'm keeping it down, you know?
我不知道我们在谈一条搅成泡沫的鱼,我能不吐出来就已经不错了。
Rachel:My God! What happened to you?
天啊,你怎么了?
Chandler:Eight and a half hours of aptitude tests, intelligence tests, personality tests...and what do I learn? "You are ideally suited for a career in data processing for a large multinational corporation."
8个半小时的性向测验智力测验,个性测验,我了解什么?你适合在大型跨国公司资料处理部门方面发展。
Phoebe:That's so great! Cause you already know how to do that!
这太好了,因为你已知道该如何做。
Chandler:Can you believe it? I mean, don't I seem like somebody who should be doing something really cool? You know, I just always pictured myself doing something...something.
你们能相信吗?我不像是做那种酷工作的人吗?我总是想像自己能做点不同的。
Rachel:Oh Chandler, I know, I know... oh, hey! You can see your nipples through this shirt!
Chandler,我知道你可以透过你的衬衫看自己的乳头。
Monica:Here you go, maybe this'll cheer you up.
来,这个或许能让你开心点。
Chandler:Ooh, you know, I had a grape about five hours ago, so I would better split this with you.
5小时前我吃了一颗葡萄,所以我最好该和你平分。
Monica:It's supposed to be that small. It's a preappetizer. The French call it an amouzbouche.
它本来就应该那么叫这是前开胃菜,法国人称它为“阿姆兹布许”。
Chandler:Well... it is amouzing...
这简直是太神奇了。
Monica:Hello? Oh, hi Wendy! Yeah, eight o'clock. What did we say? Ten dollars an hour?... OK, great. All right, I'll see you then. Bye.
Wendy,对,八点。我们不是说过吗?每小时十块。很好,再见了。
Phoebe:Ten dollars an hour for what?
什么每小时十块?
Monica:Oh, I asked one of the waitresses at work if she could help me out.
我请餐厅里的女服务生帮忙。
Rachel:Waitressing?
服务生?
Joey:Uhoh.
噢。
Monica:Well... of course I thought of you! But... but...
当然我考虑过你!但是……但是……
Rachel:But, but?
但是……
Monica:But, you see, it's just... this night has to go just perfect, you know? And, well, Wendy's more of a... professional waitress.
但是这一次绝对不能出错,Wendy的经验丰富,她是个职业的服务生。
Rachel:Oh! I see. And I have sort of been maintaining my amateur status so that I can waitress in the Olympics.
我懂了,我应该继续保持业余的姿态,将来才能在奥运会上当服务生。
Chandler:You know, I don't mean to brag, but I waited tables at Innsbruck in '76. Amouzbouche?
我不想自吹自擂,但我在76年的因斯布鲁克当过服务生。

重点讲解

单词认知:

1. amouzing: 实际上是amazing,Chandler故意搞怪,令人惊异的

2. aptitude test: 能力倾向测验 intelligence test: 智力测验 personality test: 人格测验

3. data processing: 资料处理 data: 资料,数据 processing: 数据处理,整理

4. multinational corporation: 跨国公司,多国公司 multinational: 多国的 corporation: 公司

5. amateur status: 业余身份 amateur: 业余的 status: 身份,地位

6. sooth: 使平静,使镇定;减轻痛苦 soothing: 抚慰的,使人宽心的

7. whipped fish: 搅成泡沫的鱼 whip: 搅拌(奶油、蛋等)使起泡沫;鞭打

8. Innsbruck: .因斯布鲁克[奥地利西部城市]

词组学习:

1.keep it down: 吞下去,不吐出来

eg. Tie a hydrogen balloon at a working top fan to keep it down.
氢气球绑在风扇上一直向下吹,不让它升起来。

2.rub on: 在……上摩擦 rub: 擦,摩擦

eg. They carry little oily green cakes which they rub on the skin to keep mosquitoes away.
他们在皮肤上涂抹绿色油膏来赶走蚊虫。

3.be supposed to: 应该(被期望)

eg. What time will we be supposed to arrive there.
我们应该什么时候到达那里。

4.help out: 帮助,帮助……解决困难

eg. It was unexpected but I could help out if the price was right, I thought.
这有点出乎意料但我想如果价格合适的话我可以帮忙一下。

5.sort of: 有几分地(到某种程度)

eg. I don't do that sort of thing in this university.
我认为在这所大学这类事情不符合礼仪。

分享到
重点单词
  • soothingadj. 使人宽心的;抚慰的 v. 安慰;减轻痛苦(so
  • balloonn. 气球 vt. 使膨胀 vi. 如气球般膨胀,激增
  • oilyadj. 油的,油滑的,油腔滑调的
  • aptituden. 才能,资质
  • professionaladj. 职业的,专业的,专门的 n. 专业人员
  • salmonn. 鲑,大马哈鱼,橙红色的
  • hydrogenn. 氢
  • unexpectedadj. 想不到的,意外的
  • screamn. 尖叫声 v. 尖叫,大笑
  • bragn. 吹牛的人,自夸,傲慢的态度 v. 吹牛,炫耀 ad