《老友记》视听精讲第459期:别忘了你才是头儿!
日期:2014-10-12 19:20

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Hey!
嘿!
What’s wrong Mon?
Monica,怎么了?
Ohh, everybody at the restaurant still hates me.
噢,那个餐馆的所有人都恨我。
Is it because of the review you wrote or something new?
是因为你写的评论或别的新东西之类的吗?
It's the review.
是评论。
Oh.
噢。
I thought I was making headway, everyone was smiling at me all day,
本来我想我的人缘好起来了,今天一整天人们都对我笑。
I get off work and I find out that they wrote this (puts on her chef hat) on my chef’s hat.
我开始工作,然后发现他们在我的厨师帽上写了这个。
Hey, maybe they meant to write, ‘Quiet, bitch.’
也许他们想写:“安静,婊子”。
Hey, honey! What’s the matter? (Monica shows her, her hat.)
嘿,亲爱的! 怎么了?
Fine, I was just trying to be nice!
好了,我只是想礼貌的打个招呼!
I mean I have not been picked on this much since kindergarten and they had to bring in someone from junior high to do the seesaw with me.
自从幼儿园后我就没被这么捉弄过了。当时他们找来一个高中生,和我玩翘翘板。
I mean they’re trying to do everything they can to make me quit, and if there were any other job, I would…
他们想尽办法来赶我走,如果我对其他什么工作感兴趣的话,我会走。
But this is something I’ve been waiting for my whole life.
但是这是我一生都想从事的职业。
Well, wait a minute, you’re the boss!
哦,等一下,你才是头儿!
Why don’t you just yell at them? Or, fire them?
为什么你不吼他们,或者解雇他们?
I would love too, but I can’t!
我是想这么来着,可是我做不到!
I mean I just can’t, you know that I’m not good at confrontation.
我总是在对峙中败下阵来。
Hey, you know what you can do?
嘿,你知道你该怎么办么?
I remember reading about this director,
我记得我曾读过一个导演的书。
I think it was Orson Wells, who at the beginning of the movie would hire somebody,
好像是Orson Wells,他会在电影开拍的时候雇一个人。
Just so he could fire them in front of everybody. Then they would all know, who’s boss.
然后在大伙面前解雇他那样那些人就明白了,谁才是头儿。
Hey,Mon! I’m not doing anything, why don’t you fire me?
嘿,Monica! 我正好没事做,要不你开除我?
That’s a good idea! Wait, do you know how to waiter?
好主意! 但你知道怎么当侍应生么?
Good enough to get fired.
只要会被解雇不就行了?
All right, you’re hired!
好的,我雇你了!
Hey! That must be why I got fired last week!
嘿! 这就是我上个礼拜被炒的原因了!
Does this Orson Wells guy direct Burger King commercials?
Orson Wells是不是也掌管Burger King的生意?
Yes.
是的。

影视精讲


make headway: 取得进展
Last summer, the pragmatists seemed to make headway.
去年夏天,实用主义者好像取得了一些进展。
Labour is likely to make headway in elections elsewhere.
工党在别的地方或将取得竞选优势。

mean to do sth: 打算做某事
Max didn't mean to do it.did you, max?
麦克斯不是故意这样做的对不对,麦克斯?

glare at: 盯着
She turned to glare at him as he was stupid.
她转过身来对他怒目而视,因为他是愚蠢的。


分享到
重点单词
  • glaren. 闪耀光,刺眼 v. 发眩光,瞪视
  • yellv. 大叫 n. 大喊
  • headwayn. 前进,航行速度,进展,(前后两车间的)车间时距
  • confrontationn. 对审,面对面,面对
  • chefn. 厨师,主厨
  • directorn. 董事,经理,主管,指导者,导演