《老友记》视听精讲第173期:我吻了大教主,但他有厨师
日期:2012-11-22 17:49

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Ross: Well I, I don't know. Why?
我不知道,干嘛问?
Dr. Baldhara: Uh, how is he at handling small objects?
它掌控小东西的能力如何?
Ross: He can hold a banana, if that's what you mean.
它会拿香蕉,如果这是你的意思的话。
Dr. Baldhara: How about a hammer, or a small blade?
铁槌或小刀呢?
Ross: Why why why would he need a blade?
为什么?为何要小刀?
Dr. Baldhara: Well, if he's up against a jungle cat or an animal with horns, you've got to give the little guy something. Otherwise it's just cruel.
面对狮虎或有角的动物,你得拿些东西给它自我防卫,否则就太残忍了。
Chandler and Joey: He he he got in, he he got in to San Diego.
它能去San Diego了。
Ross: What?
什么?
Joey: We, we come back from our walk and the the phone was ringing.
我们散步回来声见电话铃响。
Chandler: He's in.
然后它就录取了。
Ross: He's in! Oh, did you hear that, Marcel? San Diego. San Diego!
听见没,Marcel?是San Diego,San Diego!
Dr. Baldhara: You're making a big mistake here. I mean, San Diego's all well and good, but if you give him to me, I'll start him off against a blind rabbit and give you twenty percent of the gains.
你大错特错了。San Diego环境良好没错,如果你把它交给我,我就能训练它对抗瞎眼的兔子,而且我还可以给你百分之二十的门票收入。
Monica: Yo hooo!
喔!
Rachel: Where the hell have you been?
你到底跑哪儿去了?
Monica: Monica and I just crashed an embassy party. I think I kissed an archbishop.But,of course,it could have been a chef.
我和Monica刚跑去参加大使馆舞会。我想我吻了大教主。当然也可能是一个厨师。
Rachel: Are you drunk?!
你是不是喝醉了?
Monica: Noooo! I'm lying. I am so drunk.
没有!骗你的,我醉醺醺的。
Rachel: Oh God, oh. Great, Monica, you know what, you could've called, I have been up here, I've been worried.
天啊。Monica,你该打通电话回来的,我一直在家里担心你。
Rachel: Monica? Monica!
Monica?Monica。
Monica: Water rules!
真过瘾!
Rachel: Yes, yes, it does. Okay, look, the restaurant called, they wanna know if you're gonna be showing up for work.
没错。餐厅今天又来电话了,他们想知道你还要不要去上班。
Monica: Nope. Going to the Big Apple Circus today.
不去,我今天要去大苹果马戏团。
Rachel: Okay Monica, what are you doing? You're gonna lose your job! This is not you!
Monica,你在干什么?你快丢掉工作了,你变了。
Monica: No, it is me! Y'know, I'm not just the person who needs to fluff the pillows and pay the bills as soon as they come in! Y'know, when I'm with her, I am so much more than that. I'm I'm Monana!
不,这正是我!我不只是那种必须拍松枕头,帐单一来立刻去缴款的人。和她在一起,我就超越了那种人,我是Monana。

影片简介

Monica的信用卡被盗用:当收到信用卡消费账单后,她发现小偷过着她梦想要但是又舍不得过的生活。她在一个用她的卡付账的舞蹈课上捉到了“Monica”,“假Monica”颇富人格魅力,Monica同她不打不相识,居然结成好友。和“假Monica”一起相处甚欢……后来“假Monica”被捕。Ross的猴子Marcel到了发情期,总是搞破坏:Ross不得不挑选动物园将它送走。Joey给你想了个艺名Holden McGroin。

重点讲解

背景介绍:

1. San Diego Zoo: 位于美国加州的著名动物园,里面最著名的是熊猫馆。

2. Big Apple Circus: Monica被Monica蛊惑,决定过自己想过的生活,上班都不去上,而是去看大苹果马戏团(Big Apple Circus)和到冬园剧场(Wintergarden Theater)去看歌舞剧《记忆》(Memories)

词组讲解:

1. be up against: 面对,面临

eg. By this stage you should have identified the users and potential users of your product, what they want from your product, and who you're up against.
通过这一阶段,你应该已经明确了产品的用户和潜在用户,他们想从你的产品中得到什么,以及谁是你的对手。

eg. But at least you will know what you are up against.
但至少你会知道自己面对的问题是什么。

2. show up: 露出,露面

eg. However, if one of my girls doesn't show up, I dance.
可是如果我的姑娘不能演出,我就要跳舞。

eg. Problems in the liver, lungs, and heart can show up in your nails.
肝、肺和心脏的问题都可以显示在你的指甲上。

简单口语:

Y'know, when I'm with her, I am so much more than that.
和她在一起,我就超越了那种人。

1. you know 在口语中很常见,主要是在说话者思考问题的时候说,相当于汉语中的“嗯”,这一点和Well 有点接近;或者告诉对方,你也知道的。

eg. They are grossing me out too, you know.
你知道,他们对我也并不客气。

eg. You know she'll just blab all the secrets.
你知道她会泄露所有秘密的。

2. 和某人在一起的一种表达:I'm with somebody.

And! Y'know what? When I'm with her, I'm fun!
还有,你知道吗?我和她在一起时,我也有趣了!

分享到
重点单词
  • hammern. 锤,榔头 vi. 锤击,反复敲打 vt. 锤打,严
  • bladen. 刀锋,刀口
  • identifiedadj. 被识别的;经鉴定的;被认同者 v. 鉴定(id
  • chefn. 厨师,主厨
  • potentialadj. 可能的,潜在的 n. 潜力,潜能 n. 电位,