《老友记》视听精讲第226期:大头,大头,还是大头
日期:2013-03-08 16:38

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Joey: Hey, uh, you can't recycle yearbooks, can you?
同学录有没有回收?
Chandler: I'll take that.
那个给我。
Joey: You want his yearbook?
要他的同学录?
Chandler: Yeah, yeah. Some people said some nice things about him. I think somebody should have it.
有人说了他的好话应该留下来。
Monica: Oh, gosh, this is so weird. I mean, his whole life was in this apartment, and now it's gone.
这真的很奇怪,他整个生命都在这公寓度过现在人去楼空。
You know, I think it would be nice if we just took a few moments, for Mr. Heckles.
我想我们应该为Heckles先生默哀一会儿。
I mean, he was kind of a pain, he was, but, he was a person. You're all going to hell.
他是个人物。你们全都会下地狱。
Rachel: It's really not that big.
其实没有那么大!
Chandler: Taking that with you, huh?
你要拿那个走吧?
Joey: Oh, yeah.
没错。
Ross: You coming?
你来吗?
Chandler: Yeah, jus' second. Goodbye Mr. Heckles. We'll try to keep it down.
等一下,再见,Heckles先生,我们会安静点。
Alison: Oh, my major was totally useless. I mean, how often do you look in the classifieds and see "Philosopher wanted"?
我完全学非所用,报纸上什么时候看得到“微求哲学家”?
Chandler: Sure. My god, that's a big head! It didn't look this big in the office. Maybe it's the lighting.
天啊,那真是个大头,在办公室看起来没这么大也许是因为灯光,
My head must look like a golf ball at work. All right, don't get hung up on it, quick, quick,
我的头在公司定像个高尔夫球那么叫,不要想了,快,
list five things you like about her: Nice smile, good dresser...Big head, big head, big head!
列出你喜欢她的五件事:笑容很美,衣着高雅,大头,大头,还是大头!

影片简介

Chandler说现女友鼻孔大得可以看见她的脑汁儿所以甩掉了她——他总是善于用这种表面化的理由来逃避真正的男女关系。Mr. Heckles 又上楼来抱怨噪音太大,别吵他的鸟儿了(他真的喂鸟了吗?)Phoebe、Rachel和Joey 模仿Janice。Mr. Heckles 死了,手里仍然握着扫帚。很显然他是在捅楼顶抗议时猝死的。Phoebe不相信进化论,这可急坏了Ross:他相信作为科研人员自己有义务对Phoebe进行科普教育。

划红精讲

1. keep it down: 小点声;安静点

eg. Keep it down. My kids are sleeping.
小声点,我的孩子们在睡觉。

eg. Everyone is absorbed in the plot. Can you keep it down?
宝贝,大家都沉浸在电影情节中,你能不能保持安静?

2. look like

(1) 看起来像;与……相似

eg. He looks like a southerner.
他看起来像是一个南方人。

(2) 看来要;好像要

eg. It looks like rain.
看来要下雨。

3. hang up 挂断电话;搁置,拖延

eg. Hollywood hangup means that you hang up the phone without indication.
“好莱坞式挂电话”就是指事先没有任何徵兆地挂断电话。

eg. For various reasons, these programs might fail, hang up, or otherwise misbehave.
由于种种原因,这些程序可能会失败、挂起或行为异常。

分享到
重点单词
  • recyclevt. 使再循环,再利用,再制 vi. 循环 n. 再循
  • indicationn. 表示,指示,象征
  • plotn. 阴谋,情节,图,(小块)土地, v. 绘图,密谋,
  • absorbedadj. 一心一意的;被吸收的 v. 吸收;使全神贯注(