《老友记》视听精讲第164期:香奈儿的味道
日期:2012-11-05 13:06

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Chandler: Okay, I'm gonna go to the bathroom. Will you watch my phone?
我要上洗手间,帮我守着电话好吗?
Monica: Why don't you just take it with you?
你何不带进去?
Chandler: Hey, we haven't been on a second date, she needs to hear me pee?
我们还没第二次约会她需要听到我尿尿的声音吗?
Monica: Why don't you just call her?
何不干脆打给她?
Chandler: I can't call her, I left a message! I have some pride.
我已留言,不能打给她,我有男性的尊严。
Monica: Do you?
你有吗?
Chandler: No! Danielle, hi! It's, uh, it's Chandler! I'm fine. Uh, listen, I don't know if you tried to call me, because, uh, idiot that I am, I accidentally shut off my phone. Oh, uh, okay, that's fine, that's great. Okay. She's on the other line, she's gonna call me back. She's on the other line, she's gonna call me back, she's on the other line, gonna call me back...
没有!丹妮尔,我是Chandler,我很好,我不知道你是否打过电话给我,因为我这个白痴不小心把电话关了。好,太好了,她正在讲电话,等一下会回我电话,她正在讲电话,等一下会回我电话……
Monica: Don't you have to pee?
你不想尿了?
Chandler: That's why I'm dancing...
这就是我跳舞的原因……
Rachel: Mindy.
Mindy。
Mindy: Hey, you.
你好。
Rachel: Hey, you.... So, what's up?
什么事?
Mindy: Um.. we should really be sitting for this.
我们需要坐下来谈谈。
Rachel: Sure we should... So.
当然啦, 那么……
Mindy: ....Okay, I'm just gonna ask you this once, and I want a straight answer.Not like when I asked if those red pants made my ass look big. Now, I know things' been weird lately, but you're like my oldest friend in the world...Except for maybe Laurie Schaffer, who I don't talk to anywhere,'cause she's all bitter now that she lost the weight and it turns out she doesn't have a pretty face... I am just gonna say it.
我只问你一次而且你要爽快的回答。这好像在问我的红色短裤是不是让我的屁股显得大一些。我感觉最近有点奇怪,你是我认识最久的朋友。除了萝瑞之外,我和她已没有往来,她虽已减肥成功脸蛋依然丑陋。我要说了……
Rachel: Okay.
好的。
Mindy: Will you be my maid of honor?
愿意当我的伴娘吗?
Rachel: Of course!
当然!
Mindy: Oh that's so great!
太好了。
Rachel: Was that all you wanted to ask me?
你只想问我这件事?
Mindy: That's all!
对,就这样。
Rachel: Ohhhh!!...What? What?
怎么了?怎么了?
Mindy: That's not all.
不,不只这样。
Rachel: Oh sure it is!
就这样。
Mindy: Oh no, it isn't! No! I think Barry is seeing someone in the city.
我认为Barry有其他的女人。
Rachel: Um, what what would make you think that?
你怎会这样想?
Mindy: Well, ever since we announced the engagement, he's been acting really weird, and then last night, he came home smelling like Chanel.
宣布订婚后他就变了样,昨晚他回家时有香奈儿的味道。

影片简介

大家在争论花生酱饼干和咸味饼孰优孰劣时,发现有人在用望远镜向室内偷窥:Joey发现那是个不错的女人。众人埋怨偷窥者举止下流,Phoebe窥见丑陋裸男穿着重力靴,大家又蜂拥去看。Chandler和Danielle约会感觉非常好,他很想打电话给她却又不想显得太猴急。Rachel想安慰Barry,结果却和他上了床;当她与Barry的现任未婚妻Mindy碰面交谈之后,Rachel发现Barry惯于脚踏两船,真不是个东西。

重点讲解

短语学习:

1. shut off: 关上

eg. If you smell gas or see a broken line, shut off the main valve from the outside.
如果闻到煤气味儿,或看到管道破裂,要关掉从外面进屋煤气管道的主阀门。

eg. His girlfriend left the week before, less than a day after they shut off the electricity.
他的女朋友一个星期前离开了,在他们切断电源后不到一天。

2. sit for: 为……而坐下来

eg. I am not so sick but I can come to sit for the exam.
尽管我生病了,但还是能来参加考试,或,我还没有病到不能来参加考试。

3. turn out: 生产;结果是;关掉;出动;驱逐

eg. It may turn out, however, that some differences both between and within groups are quite marked.
然而,它也可能证明:两个种群之间和种群内部的一些差异是相当明显的。

简单口语:

She's on the other line, she's gonna call me back.
她正在讲电话,等一下会回我电话。

on the other line 表示在接另一个电话

eg. Mr Jones is talking on the other line; would you like to hold on for a minute and I'll put you through as soon as he's available.
琼斯先生正在接另一个电话,请稍候一会儿,他一有空我就给你接过去。

call back 回电;收回

eg. Forget the lag time of email or waiting for a call back.
不再需要无止境地等待电子邮件或者是电话回复。

分享到
重点单词
  • availableadj. 可用的,可得到的,有用的,有效的
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • lagvi. 落后,缓慢进行,衰退 vt. 落后于,滞后于 n
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • engagementn. 婚约,订婚,约会,约定,交战,雇用,(机器零件等)
  • valven. 瓣膜,阀门,电子管,真空管
  • priden. 自豪,骄傲,引以自豪的东西,自尊心 vt. 以 .
  • actingn. 演戏,行为,假装 adj. 代理的,临时的,供演出
  • announced宣布的