(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Janice: Hey, it's everybody.
嗨,大家都在这里嗨,Janice.
Chandler: Janice, you're
Janice,你……
Janice: Yes, I am.
是的,我有了。
Chandler: Is it?
是不是?
Janice: Is it yours? Ha! You wish, Chandler Bing. You are looking at a married lady now.
是不是你的?没那么好的事,Chandler Bing. 我已经是少奶奶了。
Chandler: Congratulations.
恭喜。
Janice: Oh, sweetie, I'm sorry.
甜心,真抱歉。
Chandler: You couldn't have told me about this on the phone?
你不能在电话上告诉我吗?
Janice: And what? Missed the expression on your face? Janice likes to have her fun.
要我错过看到你的表情?才不要!Janice喜欢乐子!
Monica: Hey, Rache. You know what we haven't played in a while?
你知道我们很久没玩什么吗?
Rachel: What?
什么?
Monica: Hide the Lamp.
藏起台灯。
Rachel: Monica, let it go.
Monica,算了吧。
Monica: Did you know I was allergic to shellfish?
你知道我对贝类过敏吗?
Rachel: Well, then, you'll just have to eat the other lamps.
那么你必须吃其他的台灯。
Phoebe: Uhoh. It's Scary Scientist Man.
可怕的科学家来了。
Ross: Ok, Phoebe, this is it. In this briefcase I carry actual scientific facts. A briefcase of facts, if you will. Some of these fossils are over 200 million years old.
Phoebe,这些就是了,在这个手提箱中我带来了真正的科学证据,可算是整个提箱的证据,其中有些化石超过2亿年老。
Phoebe: Ok, look, before you even start, I'm not denying evolution, ok, I'm just saying that it's one of the possibilities.
我要先告诉你我并不否定进化论,进化论只是可能性之一。
Ross: It's the only possibility, Phoebe.
进化论是唯一的可能。
Phoebe: Ok, Ross, could you just open your mind like this much, ok? Wasn't there a time when the brightest minds in the world believed that the world was flat? And, up until like what, 50 years ago, you all thought the atom was the smallest thing, until you split it open, and this like, whole mess of crap came out. Now, are you telling me that you are so unbelievably arrogant that you can't admit that there's a teeny tiny possibility that you could be wrong about this?
Ross,你能不能稍稍敞开心胸?以前最聪明的人不也相信地球是平的?五十年前,科学家认为原子是最微小的事物,后来科学家击碎了原子于是产生了各种玩意…… 难道你是如此自大…… 无法承认有一点点的可能…… 你们科学家也许会犯错?
Ross: There might be, a teeny, tiny, possibility.
是有一点点……
影片讲解
Chandler说现女友鼻孔大得可以看见她的脑汁儿所以甩掉了她——他总是善于用这种表面化的理由来逃避真正的男女关系。Mr. Heckles 又上楼来抱怨噪音太大,别吵他的鸟儿了(他真的喂鸟了吗?)Phoebe、Rachel和Joey 模仿Janice。Mr. Heckles 死了,手里仍然握着扫帚。很显然他是在捅楼顶抗议时猝死的。Phoebe不相信进化论,这可急坏了Ross:他相信作为科研人员自己有义务对Phoebe进行科普教育。
划红精讲
1. in a while: 一会儿,过不久
eg. Every once in a while the noise would quiet.
每隔一会儿一切噪声都会安静下来。
eg. It gets weaker every time you ignore it so listen to it every once in a while.
而你越忽视(内心),心灵的声音就越微弱,因此,你需要时常倾听自我心声。
2. let it go: 任它去,放下
eg. But I knew what she needed most, so I let it go.
但是我知道她最需要什么,所以我也就随它去了。
3. open mind: 思想放开
eg. Keep an open mind and heart.
保持一个开放的头脑和心。
eg. All you need is an open mind and an hour each day.
你所需要只是一个开放头脑和每天一小时的时间。
4. there was a time when: 历史上有一时期
eg. There was a time when everyone's opinion was mine as well.
曾有一段时间,我也视别人的意见为我所有。
5. split open: 裂开
eg. We can't split open a case to fill your order .
因为我们不能拆箱来凑足你的订量。