(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Monica: Hi.
嗨。
Ross: ...Gets interrupted. Hi!
被打断了。嗨。
Rachel: Hi, how was the movie?
电影如何?
Monica: Wonderful!
很不错!
Phoebe: So good!
妙极了!
Joey: Suckfest.
逊毙了。
Chandler: Total chickflick.
根本是小妞们看的嘛。
Phoebe: II'm sorry it wasn't one of those movies with, like, you know, guns and bombs and, like, buses going really fast...
真遗撼不是枪林弹雨,公车速度奇快的那种电影。
Joey: Hey, I don't need violence to enjoy a movie. Just so long as there's a little nudity.
暴力并不能吸引我,只要有裸体镜头我就满足了。
Monica: There was nudity!
那电影也有裸体镜头!
Joey: I meant femalenudity. Alright? I don't need to see Lou Grant frolicking.
我是指女生的裸体镜头.我不爱看Lou Grant的春宫。
Monica and Phoebe: Hugh! Hugh Grant!
休葛兰特。
Ross: Alright, I've got go. C'mon, Marcel! C'mon! We're gonna go take a bath. Yes we are, aren't we? Yes, we are.
好吧,我得走了。走吧,Marcel,快,我们去洗澡. 我们是去洗澡,对不对? 对.
Chandler: They're still just friends, right?
他们只是朋友吗?
Rachel: And I will see you tomorrow!
明天见。
Ross: That's right, you're gonna spend tomorrow at Aunt Rachel's, aren't you.
对,你明天要到Rachel阿姨家。
Monica: Oh, hang on, hang on. Does Aunt Monica get a say in this?
哦,等等,等等。Monica阿姨能说句话吗?
Ross: "Please, Aunt Monica, please?" Oh, unclench. You're not even gonna be there.
Monica阿姨请说,别紧张了,你不会在这儿的。
Chandler: I can't believe we are even having this discussion.
我无法相信我们竟在讨论此事。
Joey: I agree. I'm, like, in disbelief.
我同意,我也无法相信。
Chandler: I mean, don't you think if things were gonna happen with Rachel, they would've happened already?
你不认为,如果你和Rachel会爱情产生的话, 还会一直拖到现在吗?
Ross: I'm telling you, she said she's looking for a relationship with someone exactly like me.
告诉你,她说她在寻找像我这样的人。
Joey: She really said that?
她真的这样说?
Ross: Well, I added the "exactly like me" part... But she said she's looking for someone, and someone is gonna be there tonight.
“像我这样”是我自己加的. 她说她在寻找某人,而此人今晚就会出现。
Joey: "Tonight" tonight?
今天晚上?
Ross: Well, I think it's perfect. Y'know, it's just gonna be the two of us, she spent all day taking care of my monkey...
这样最好不过了.因为只有我们两个,她整天都在照顾我的猴子。
Chandler: I can't remember the last time I got a girl to take care of my monkey.
我早已忘记哪个女人照顾过我的猴子。
Ross: Anyway, I figured after work I would go pick up a bottle of wine, go over there and, uh, try to woo her.
总之下班后我要去买瓶酒,去向她“示爱”。
Chandler: Hey, you know what you should do? You should take her back to the 1890's, when that phrase was last used.
知道你该怎么做吗?你应该带她回到用”示爱”的十九世纪去。
影片简介
Rachel得知Barry和她的前伴娘(也是她最好的朋友)Mindy订婚:她决心重新开始约会男人,于是Ross想开口约她。正当他寻求适当的机会开口时,Rachel却在帮他照看猴子时把Marcel弄丢了,两人关系因此出现裂痕。大家去找猴子,Mr. Heckles却牛头不对马嘴地说,他丢了一包饼干,他猴子没见过只见过一次Regis Philbin(电视节目《百万富翁》的主持人。)
重点讲解
背景介绍:
Lou Grant是"The Mary Tyler Moore Show"的续集,于1977年9月份在CBS上首次播出。这个系列剧对前一集来了个彻底的颠覆,因为它事实上属于戏剧体裁。
Hugh Grant休·格兰特,英国著名影星。
短语讲解:
1. so long as: 只要
eg. He is a friendly enough person, so long as you don't cross him in his business plans.
只要在他的营业计划方面你不公开反对他,他还是一个和蔼可亲的人。
eg. Caffeineis allowed in moderation so long as it does not cause cravings or lowblood sugar.
只要不上瘾或导致低血糖,此阶段允许适度饮用含咖啡因饮料。
2. take care of: 照顾;注意;抚养
eg. If you take care of something, you begin to love it — which makes us very vulnerable.
如果你照顾某些事情,你已经开始爱上它了——这让我们非常的投入。
eg. We only have one earth, so we need to take care of her.
我们只有一个地球,所以我们必须要好好的照顾她。