《老友记》视听精讲第259期:很抱歉你的猴子去世了
日期:2013-04-26 17:24

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

LIPSON: Mr. Geller.
盖勒先生?
ROSS: Yes, hi.
是我,你好。
LIPSON: Hi, Dean Lipson, zoo administrator. I was told you had a question.
黎迪恩,我是这里的行政组长。听说你有个问题,是不是?
ROSS: Well, I uh, I can't seem to find the monkey I donated last year. He's a capuchan, answers to the name Marcel.
我似乎找不到我去年捐的猴子它是一只戴帽猿…它的名字叫做马赛?
LIPSON: Ahh, I'm afraid I have some bad news. Marcel has passed on.
我恐怕有个坏消息要告诉你,马赛它已经过世了。
ROSS: Oh my God, what happened?
天哪,怎么会呢?
LIPSON: Well he got sick, and then he got sicker, and then he got a little better but then he died.
它生病了,然后它病得很重…然后它突然好了一点,然后就死了。
ROSS: I can't believe this.
我真不敢相信。
LIPSON: I'm sorry Mr. Geller. But ya know, there's an old saying, 'Sometimes monkeys die.' It's not a great saying but it certainly is fitting today.
很抱歉,盖勒先生你也知道嘛,俗话说”猴子难免一死”,不是很好的俗语…用在今天却很贴切。
ROSS: Well, ya know, someone should have called me.
那应该有人通知我才对呀。
LIPSON: I'm sorry. Look, I know this can't bring him back but here, it's just a gesture.
对不起。我知道这不能够让它复活…这是我一点心意,请收下。
ROSS: Zoo dollars?
动物园礼券?
LIPSON: Yes, and come see the bird show at 4. The macaws wear hats. Well it's a lot cuter if your monkey hasn't just died.
对,四点请过来看一看乌秀金刚鹦鹉戴帽子。你的猴子没死的话会可爱多了。

影视精讲


一支广告总是勾起罗斯对马赛尔的思念。 罗斯决定趁开会之机顺道去旧金山动物园探望马赛尔。 动物园的经理告诉他,马赛尔病死了。

1. there's an old saying 俗话说
eg. There is an old saying," Haste makes waste." It' s the experience of our forefa thers, howewr, it is correct in many cases even today.
有句俗话说“欲速则不达”这是我们祖先的经验之谈,然而,即使在今天的许多事情中,这句话也是正确的。

2. pass on v.去世
eg. I'm sorry to learn that your dear mother has just passed on。
很遗憾听到你妈妈刚刚去世的消息

3. administrator n.管理人
eg. She' s an excellent administrator.
她是个优秀的管理人员.

分享到
重点单词
  • gesturen. 手势,姿态 v. 作手势表达
  • administratorn. 管理人,行政官
  • hasten. 急速,急忙 v. 匆忙,赶快 vi. 赶紧,赶快