《老友记》视听精讲第301期:我要用果酱来忘记我的男人
日期:2013-09-22 20:13

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Hey, look at me. I'm making jam, been at it since 4 o'clock this morning.
看看我,我在做果酱,我早上四点就起来了。
Where'd you get fruit at four in the morning?
那么早你怎么买得到水果?
Went down to the docks. Bet ya didn't know you could get it wholesale.
在码头那儿买的。你一定不知道可以买到批发价。
I didn't know there were docks.
我根本不知道有码头。
Hey.
嗨。
Hey.
嗨。
Aww, is it broken?
手臂断了吗?
No, I gotta wear this thing for a couple weeks. (points to the sling he is wearing)
不,但得挂着这玩意几个星期。
Did you tell the doctor you did it jumping up and down on your bed?
你有没有告诉医生,你是因为跳上床才受伤?
Nooo. I had a story all worked out but then Chandler sold me out.
不,我编的故事本来有用的,但是…Chandler出卖了我。
Well, I'm sorry Joe. I didn't think the doctor was gonna buy that it just *fell* out of the socket.
抱歉,我想医生不会相信你说的“手臂就自己脱落了”。
What is this? Fruit?
这是什么?水果吗?
Monica's making jam.
Monica在做果酱。
Whoa, jam! I love jam! (to Chandler) Hey, how come we never have jam at our place?
我最爱果酱了!我们家怎么从来没有果酱?
Because the kids need new shoes.
因为孩子们需要买新鞋。
I'm going into business people. I'm sick and tired of being depressed about Richard. I needed a plan, a plan to get over my man.
我得做正事了,我不想再为理查的事伤神,我需要一个计划,来忘记我的男人。
What's the opposite of man? Jam.
什么事跟男人相反?就是果酱!
Oh Joey don't! It's way to hot.
Joey别!太烫!
This will just be my batch.
那么这一份就算我的。

影视精讲


point to: 指向
Mr singh had admirable deeds to point to.
辛格的一些值得称赞的行动也需要指出来。

up and down: 上上下下
Martin and I go up and down like a see-saw.
马丁和我像翘翘板一样上上下下。

work out: 实现,想出
Things just didn't work out as planned...
事情根本没有按计划进行。

sell out: 出卖,背叛
Many of his Greenwich Village associates thought Dylan had sold out to commercialism.
迪伦在格林尼治村的许多朋友都认为他已经向商业主义屈服了。

be sick and tired of: 十分厌烦
We're just sick and tired of this!
我们只是对这感到厌烦了!

get over: 从(失恋中)恢复过来,忘却
It took me a very long time to get over the shock of her death.
得知她去世的消息我惊愕不已,很长时间才缓过劲来。


分享到
重点单词
  • socketn. 插座,插口,穴孔 vt. 装上或插入插座
  • depressedadj. 沮丧的,降低的,不景气的,萧条的,凹陷的,扁平
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • admirableadj. 令人钦佩的,令人赞赏的