(单词翻译:单击)
双语剧本-Ross: ...How long was I in there?
我在里面多久了?
-Rachel: I'm just cleaning up.
我刚刚打扫.
-Ross: Oh, you need any help?
需要帮忙吗?
-Rachel: Uh.. okay, sure! Thanks! (She hands him the broom and sits down.)
好呀,谢了。
-Ross: Anyway.. um.. (Starts to sweep.) So, you- uh- you nervous about Barry tomorrow?
总之,明天要见Barry,紧张吗?
-Rachel: Oh... a little.
有一点.
-Ross: Mm-hmm...
嗯.
-Rachel: A lot.
很紧张.
-Ross: Mm.
嗯.
-Rachel: So, got any advice? You know, as someone who's recently been dumped?
有任何建议吗? 就一个最近刚被甩的人而言.
-Ross: Well, you may wanna steer clear of the word 'dumped'.
你应该避免用甩这个字眼.
Chances are he's gonna be this, this broken shell of a man,
现在他可能痛不欲生.
you know, so you should try not to look too terrific,
因此你不该太神采飞扬.
I know it'll be hard. Or, you know, uh, hey, I'll go down there, and I'll give Barry back his ring,
我知道这一点很难做到,这样吧,我拿戒指还Barry
and you can go with Carol and Susan to the OB/GYN...
你陪Carol及Susan去做检查.
-Rachel: Oh, you've got Carol tomorrow. When did it get so complicated?
你明天得见Carol,此事何时变得这么复杂?
-Ross: Got me.
你可问倒我了.
-Rachel: Remember when we were in high school together?
还记得我们在高中时代吗?
-Ross: Yeah.
记得.
-Rachel: I mean, didn't you think you were just gonna meet someone, fall in love and that'd be it? (Ross gazes at her.) ..Ross?
你没想过自己会遇见心上人,谈恋爱,然后厮守终生吗?
-Rachel: Ross?
Ross?
-Ross: Yes, yes!
在,在
-Rachel: Oh! Man, I never thought I'd be here. (She leans back onto his hand.)
没想到自己会沦落到这个地步
-Ross: Me either. (He pulls up a stool so that he doesn't have to move his hand.)
我也是.
讲解注释broom: 扫帚
sweep: 打扫;清楚
He picked up the broom to help me sweep the floor.
他拿起扫帚帮我扫地。
We need to sweep all obstacles on our road to success.
我们要清除成功道路上的一切障碍。
nervous: 紧张
recently: 最近
dump: 倾倒,抛弃,甩掉
Some people just dump their rubbish in the river.
有些人径直往河里倒垃圾。
She wanted you to help her dump me.
她要利用你帮助她甩掉我。
steer clear of: 绕开,避开
Steer clear of the rocks ahead.
绕过前方的礁石。
steer: 操纵,引导,驾驶
He steered the car skillfully through the narrow streets.
他熟练地驾驶着汽车穿过狭窄的街道。
He steered me to a table and sat me down in a chair.
他把我领到一张桌子前,让我在椅子上坐下。
chance: 机会,可能性
broken shell of a man: 一个痛不欲生的人
shell: 贝壳
terrific: 极好的,非常的
【terrific口语中多半用来表示赞赏,虽然它的本意是令人恐慌的,糟糕的。Ross暗示Rach不要随便乱用dumped,因为他作为一个男人自尊可能会受伤害,所以虽然这样做很难,但是还是不要显得太神采飞扬】
complicated: 复杂的
The novel is too complicated for your age.
这小说就你的年龄来说太复杂了。
complicated 和complex均含复杂的之意。
complex: 侧重内在关系的复杂,需通过仔细研究与了解才能掌握和运用。
complicated: 与complex的含义接近,但语气更强,着重极其复杂,很难分析、分辨或解释。
It was a complex problem.
这是一个复杂的问题。
gaze: 凝视,注视
lean back: 向后倾斜
pull up: 拉过来,拉起
stool: 凳子
翻译练习那个男孩帮助母亲清除地板上的尘土。
那个公园好像不安全,孩子们应该避开。
玛丽花了几星期的时间练习往车库里开车。
他去倒垃圾。
该企业是一个大而复杂的组织。
参考答案The boy helped his mother sweep away the dirt on the floor.
那个男孩帮助母亲清除地板上的尘土。
Kid shall steer clear of that park, it do not seem safe.
那个公园好像不安全,孩子们应该避开。
It took Mary weeks learning how to steer into the garage.
玛丽花了几星期的时间练习往车库里开车。
He went to dump the garbage.
他去倒垃圾。
The business is a large, complicated organism.
该企业是一个大而复杂的组织。