《老友记》视听精讲第196期:挠头 Rub Your Head
日期:2013-01-21 13:55

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Rachel: OK, I'm guessing this is from...
我猜这是……
Rachel: Well, thank you, Melanie.
谢谢,Melanie。
Chandler: OK, this one right here is from me.
这是我送你的。
Rachel: OK... ah, it's light... it rattles... it's... Travel Scrabble! Oooohhh, thank you!
好轻,还有声音,是……旅游拼字,哦,谢谢你!
Rachel: This one's from Joey... feels like a book. Thinks it's a book... feels like a book. And... it's a book!
这是Joey送的,感觉像是一本书,我猜是一本书,感觉像是一本书。就是一本书。
Phoebe: Oh, it's Dr. Seuss!
是《苏博士》。
Joey: That book got me through some tough times.
那本书让我度过许多难关。
Melanie: There is a little child inside this man!
这男人里面有个小孩!
Chandler: Yes, the doctors say if they remove it, he'll die.
医生说把他移走他就会死。
Rachel: Who's this from?
这是谁送的?
Chandler: Oh, that's Ross's.
Ross送的。
Rachel: Oh... Oh my God. He remembered.
天啊,他记得。
Phoebe: Remembered what?
记得什么?
Rachel: It was like months ago. We were walking by this antique store, and I saw this pin in the window, and I told him it was just like one my grandmother had when I was a little girl. Oh! I can't believe he remembered!
几个月前我们经过一家古董店,在橱窗看见这个胸针,我告诉他我小时候我祖母也有一个,没想到他还记得!
Chandler: Well, sure, but can you play it on a plane?
虽然如此,但你能在飞机上玩吗?
Phoebe: Oh, it's so pretty. This must have cost him a fortune.
这一定花他不少钱。
Monica: I can't believe he did this.
没想到他会这么做。
Chandler: Come on, Ross? Remember back in college, when he fell in love with Carol and bought her that ridiculously expensive crystal duck.
拜托,Ross?记得大学的时候他和Carol谈恋爱时,他送给她一只贵死人的水晶鸭。
Rachel: What did you just say?
你刚才说什么?
Chandler: ahem... um... Crystal duck.
水晶鸭。
Rachel: No, no, no.... the, um, the... "love" part?
不,不,不……“恋爱”那一部份。
Chandler: Fhah.... flennin....
Fhah.... flennin....
Rachel: Oh.... my God.
哦,我的天哪。
Chandler: Oh, nonononono....
哦,不不不……
Joey: That's good, just keep rubbing your head. That'll turn back time.
很好,继续挠你的头,时间会倒流的。

影片简介

Joey为赚钱去捐精,但当他和新女友——一个果篮制造商——日益情浓,事情变得有点麻烦。大家一起烧烤为Rachel庆祝生日,Ross刚放下生日礼物就急着上路,他说要远赴中国为博物馆取回一块至关重要的(恐龙)头骨。后来,当Rachel 拆开礼物时,Chandler不经意地泄露出Ross 对她的爱慕之情。Rachel立刻奔向机场想截住Ross,“我得和他当面谈谈”,却错过了。Ross离开之后,她内心激烈交战。

划红精讲

背景介绍:

Dr Seuss: Theodore Seuss Geisel绰号:“苏士博士”(Dr.Seuss),是英国牛津大学的文学博士,他的作品都极具原创性,是当代英国最受欢迎的童话作家。其代表作为《帽子里的猫》(TheCat in the Hat)。

短语学习:

1. pick up

(1) 拾起

eg. He picked his cap up from the floor and stuck it back on his head.
他从地板上捡起帽子,重新戴在头上。

(2) (跌倒或被击倒后)慢慢站起身

eg. Tony picked himself up and set off along the track.
托尼慢慢站起,沿道跑起来。

(3) (开车)接;取

eg. She was going over to her parents' house to pick up some clean clothes for Oskar.
她正要去父母家为奥斯卡取几件干净的衣服。

2. get through

(1) 完成

eg. I think you can get through the first two chapters.
我想你能完成前两章。

(2) 熬过

eg. It is hard to see how people will get through the winter.
很难想像人们将怎样熬过这个冬天。

(3) 用电话联系上

eg. Look, I can't get through to this number.
哎,我打不通这个号码。

3. fall in love with: 爱上

eg. Spring is a perfect time to fall in love with life, with nature, with ourselves and with those who share our lives.
春天是爱的最佳时分,爱上生命,爱上大自然,爱上自己和分享自己生活的人们。

eg. I've learned... That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.
我明白了……直到你爱上了一个人才发现原来有人是完美的。

4. turn back

(1) 往回走

eg. She turned back toward home.
她折了回来往家走去。

eg. Police attempted to turn back.
警察试图往回走。

(2) (无法)回头

eg. The Senate has now endorsed the bill and can't turn back.
参议院现已同意了该议案,无法回头了。

分享到
重点单词
  • removev. 消除,除去,脱掉,搬迁 n. 去除,间距
  • crystaln. 水晶,晶体 adj. 晶体的,透明的
  • trackn. 小路,跑道,踪迹,轨道,乐曲 v. 跟踪,追踪
  • antiqueadj. 古代的 n. 古物,古董
  • fortunen. 财产,命运,运气
  • planeadj. 平的,与飞机有关的 n. 飞机,水平,水准,刨
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a