《老友记》视听精讲第216期:没人能把我从你那里抢走
日期:2013-02-23 15:41

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Chandler: Howdy.
您好。
Joey: Gimme a box a juice. Well, they switched me over to Hombre.
给我一罐果汁,他们把我调到原野奇侠了。
Chandler: Well, maybe it's because of the way you're dressed.
也许是因为你的穿着。
Joey: Or maybe it's because this guy's doing so good they wanna put more people on it. You should see this guy, Chandler, he goes through two bottles a day.
或因为那家伙表现太好了他们要增加人手。你应该见见那个家伙,Chandler,那家伙一天用掉两瓶。
Chandler: What do you care? You're an actor. This is your day job. This isn't supposed to mean anything to you.
你在乎什么啊?你是个演员。这才是你的正式工作。这对你来说应该没什么。
Joey: I know, but, I was the best, you know? I liked being the best. I don't know. Maybe I should just get out of the game. They need guys up in housewares to serve cheese.
我知道,但我本来是最棒的,你知道吗?我喜欢当最棒的。我不知道了。也许我应该退出江湖。厨具部门需要有人切乳酪。
Chandler: All right, say you do that. You know sooner or later somebody's gonna come along that slices a better cheddar. And then where're you gonna run?
好吧,假如你这么做了。将来迟早会出现乳酪切得比你更好的人。那时候你要逃到哪里?
Joey: Yeah I guess you're right.
也许你说得对。
Chandler: You're damn right I'm right. I say you show this guy what you're made of. I say you stand your ground. I say you show him that you are the baddest hombre west of the lingerie.
你他妈的确实如此,你是对的。我说你应该发挥大丈夫气概。让他知道你是内衣部西边最厉害的原野奇侠!
Joey: I'm gonna do it.
我要这么做。
Chandler: All right. Now go see Miss Kitty and she'll fix you up with a nice hooker.
好的。现在去找猫咪小姐她会介绍个好妓女给你。
Monica: I don't know what else to say.
我不知道该说别的什么。
Rachel: Well that works out good, because I'm not listening.
好,很好,因为我不会听。
Monica: I feel terrible, I really do.
我觉得很糟糕,真的。
Rachel: Oh, I'm sorry, did my back hurt your knife?
对不起我的背伤害了你的刀吗?
Monica: Rachel, say that I'm friends with her, we spend some time together. Is that so terrible?
我跟她交朋友,一起去逛街。这有什么不好?
Rachel: Yes.
是的。
Monica: It's that terrible?
真的很不好吗?
Rachel: Yes. Monica, you don't get it? It's bad enough that she's stolen the guy who might actually be theperson that I am supposed to be with, but now, she's actually, but now she's actually stealing you.
是的,Monica,你还不懂吗?她偷走我的男人已经够糟了,我可能会跟他长相厮守,但现在,她竟然,现在她竟然连你也抢走了!
Monica: Me? What are you talking about? Nobody could steal me from you. I mean, just because I'm friends with her doesn't make me any less friends with you. I mean, you're my...We're, we're...Oh, I love you.
我?你在说什么?没人能把我从你那里抢走。我与她交朋友不会影响我与你的感情。我的意思是,你是我的……我们是……哦,我爱你。
Rachel: I love you too.
我也爱你。
Phoebe: You guys, um I know that this really doesn't have anything to do with me, but um I love you guys too.
喂,我知道这与我完全无关,但我也爱你们!

影片简介

Carol给本喂奶,Joey和Chandler赶紧回避。Phoebe为确认奶水的温度,尝了尝奶瓶里的母乳,Ross反应强烈,成人怎么可以喝人奶呢?Julie邀人购物,Phoebe怕得罪Rachel,借故推脱,Monica为表示友善答应同去:虽然偷偷摸摸,但却欲盖弥彰,Rachel最终发现真相,感觉自己被背叛。两人的争吵听来仿佛Monica有了“外遇”。

划红精讲

1. switch over:

1. (使)调换位置

eg. Can we switch over I'd like to sit in your seat.
咱们换一换位置好吗?我想坐一坐你的坐位。

2. (使)改用另一种动力(或电路等)

eg. All the petrol pumps have been switched over to show decimal values.
所有汽油加油泵现在都已改成十进位显示了。

3. (使)彻底改变;(使)改做另一件事

eg. He switches over to French.
他现在改说法语了。

eg. Tom switched over to trade.
汤姆改行经商了。

2. sooner or later: 迟早

eg. I will tell you, sooner or later, all the complicated process.
我迟早要把这一复杂的过程全部告诉你。

3. stand your ground: 坚持到底

eg. Partners may try to argue with you; however, you must stand your ground.
伙伴可能会和你争执;但是,你必须坚持立场。

4. work out: 显现解决

eg. We must work out our differences through dialogue and in a spirit of cooperation.
我们必须以合作精神进行对话,以此解决彼此之间的争议。

5. be friends with: 与……友好,与……交朋友

eg. But there is one person Taylor wishes she could be friends with.
但是却有这么一个人是泰勒希望能与她成为朋友的。

6. not have anything with: 与……无关,与have something with的意思相反

Each one has a particular odor, which does not have anything with the perfume.
每个人都有特别的味道,这和香水无关。

分享到
重点单词
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • perfumen. 香水,香气 vt. 使香气弥漫
  • complicatedadj. 复杂的,难懂的 动词complicate的过去
  • switchn. 开关,转换,鞭子 v. 转换,改变,交换,鞭打
  • odorn. 气味,名声,气息
  • cooperationn. 合作,协作