《老友记》视听精讲第92课:现在是午夜,谁来亲我
日期:2012-05-30 15:52

(单词翻译:单击)

台词欣赏

Phoebe:You're going to Minsk.
你去Minsk吧。
David:No, I'm... not going to Minsk.
不,我不去了。
Phoebe:Oh, you are so going to Minsk. You belong in Minsk. You can't stay here just because of me.
你一定要去Minsk,你属于Minsk,你不能因为我而留下来。
David:Yes I can. Because if I go it means I have to break up with you, and I can't break up with you.
我可以.因为如果我走就代表我必须与你分手, 我又不能和你分手。
Phoebe:Oh yes, yes, yes you can. Just say, um,Phoebe, I love you, but my work is my life and that's what I have to do right now'. And I say'your work?! Your work?! How can you say that?!'.And then you say, um, 'it's tearing me apart, but I have no choice. Can't you understand that?'.And I say 'no! No! I can't understand that!'
是的,你可以的。你只要说:‘Phoebe,我爱你。但我的工作是我的生命.我现在得去.’ 我说,你的工作?你竟说出这种话?你说...我痛苦欲绝,但我没的选择.难道你不了解吗?我说,不,我不了解。
David:Ow.
喔。
Phoebe:Ooh, sorry. Um, and, and then you put your arms around me. And then you put your arms around me.
抱歉。然后你抱住我,然后你抱住我。
David:Oh, sorry.
哦,对不起。
Phoebe:And, um, and then you tell me that you love me and you'll never forget me.
然后你对我说你爱我,你永远不会忘记我。
David:I'll never forget you.
我永远不会忘记你。
Phoebe:And then you say that it's almost midnight and you have to go because you don't wanna start the new year with me if you can't finish it.I'm gonna miss you. You scientist guy.
又说现在已接近午夜,你必须走了,你不想与我共度新年,因为你实在狠不下心离开。我会想你的,科学家。
Dick Clark:Hi, this is Dick Clark, live in Times Square. We're in a virtual snowstorm of confetti here in Times Square. It gets bigger and better every year.
我是Dick Clark在时代广场为你做实况报导,时代广场这儿的五彩纸片纷纷落下.一年比一年进步.
Joey:Here you go, kids.
好好,睡吧孩子们。
Chandler:And then the peacock bit me. Please kiss me at midnight.
然后孔雀就咬了我。请在午夜吻我。
Joey:You seen Sandy?
看见Sandy没?
Chandler:Ooh. Uh, I don't know how to tell you this, but she's in Monica's bedroom, getting it on with Max, that scientist geek.Cool, look at that, I did know how to tell you.
我不知该如何告诉你她和Max在Monica的房里,那个科学怪人.酷,你看我还是告诉你了。
Rachel:Hey, everybody, the ball is dropping.
各位,大球要掉了。
All:What?
什么?
Rachel:The ball is dropping!
大球要掉了!
Dick Clark:In twenty seconds it'll be midnight...
再过20秒钟就是午夜。
Chandler:And the moment of joy is upon us.
欢乐时光马上要到来了。
Joey:Looks like that no date pact thing worked out.
看起来没有约会的约定似乎奏效了啊。
Phoebe:Everybody looks so happy. I hate that.
大家好像都很开心。我不喜欢。
Monica:Not everybody's happy. Hey Bobby!
不是大家都开心.嘿,Bobby!
Chandler:Y'know, I uh, just thought I'd throw this out here. I'm no math whiz, but I do believe there are three girls and three guys right here.
我这么说好了,我不是数学大师,但我相信这儿有三对男女。
Phoebe:I dunno. I don't feel like kissing anyone tonight.
今晚我不想亲任何人。
Rachel:I can't kiss anyone.
我无法亲任何人。
Monica:So I'm kissing everyone?
我就该亲大家?
Joey:Nonono, you can't kiss Ross, that's your brother.
不,你不能亲Ross,他是你哥。
Ross:Perfect. Perfect. So now everybody's getting kissed but me.
太好了,大家都被亲了,除我之外。
Chandler:Alright, somebody kiss me. Somebody kiss me, it's midnight! Somebody kiss me!
谁来亲我…谁来亲我…现在是午夜…谁来亲我…
Joey:Alright alright alright.
好吧,来吧。
Ross:I wanted this to work so much. I mean I'm still in there, changing his diapers, pickin' his fleas...but he's just phoning it in. Just so hard to accept the fact that something you love so much doesn't love you back, you know?
我真的希望这样能够奏效。我还在那里,替它换尿布,替它抓跳蚤…但它却视为理所当然。深爱某人却得不到回报,真是令人难过。
Rachel:...I think that bitch cracked my tooth.
我想那个贱人打碎了我的牙齿。

重点讲解
1. work out: 解决;算出;实现;制定出;消耗完;弄懂

Work out a clear transition plan.
制定出一个清晰的交接计划。

We must work out our differences through dialogue and in a spirit of cooperation.
我们必须以合作精神进行对话,以此解决彼此之间的争议。

At first, no one could work out the secret message left by the dead person.
起先,没有人能弄懂死者留下的秘密留言。

2. burst into: 突然……起来

Maria looked at the picture, and then to my surprise she burst into shouts of laughter.
玛丽亚看那张画,接着让我吃惊的是,她突然哈哈大笑。

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.
在人生旅途之中,在某个时候,我们内心的火焰仿佛熄灭,这时有一个人走进我们的生命,我们内心的火焰重新点燃。

3. feel like: 想要

Sometimes I feel like this. Like…what the fuck are we DOING?
有时候我感觉有点像...“该死的,我们到底在做什么?”

And so we condition males in America not to cry whenever they feel like doing so.
所以每当美国的男性想要哭的时候,我们就训练他们憋住别哭。

Use it to remind yourself of why you want to stop, whenever you feel like smoking.
每当你想要吸烟的时候就用这张小纸片提醒你自己为什么不能吸。

4. phone it in(=take it for granted)视作理所当然的,phoning it in: 本意是以电话或电话留言的方式传递信息,后来引申为“报告” 在后来引申为“应付差使,没有真正投入”的意思。

5. tear apart: 撕开

But when a misunderstanding arises, their lifelong friendship suddenly threatens to tear apart.
然而一场误解的产生,让她们终生的友谊遭到崩解的威胁。

Miraculously the bullet did not hit my brain or my spinal cord. It did, however, tear apart my mouth and face.
出乎意料的是,子弹并没有击中我的大脑或者我的脊柱,但它还是撕开了我的嘴部和面部。

分享到
重点单词
  • sandyadj. 沙,含沙的,沙色的,不稳固的 Sandy n.
  • misunderstandingn. 误会,误解 misunderstand的现在分词
  • flamen. 火焰,热情 v. 燃烧,面红,爆发 n. 情
  • cooperationn. 合作,协作
  • burstn. 破裂,阵,爆发 v. 爆裂,迸发
  • transitionn. 过渡,转变
  • pactn. 契约,协定,条约
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • encountern. 意外的相见,遭遇 v. 遇到,偶然碰到,遭遇
  • tearn. 眼泪,(撕破的)洞或裂缝,撕扯 vt. 撕掉,扯下