《老友记》视听精讲第12期:会泡咖啡的人啥都不怕
日期:2011-11-22 17:27

(单词翻译:单击)

双语剧本[Scene: Monica and Rachel's, everyone is sitting around the kitchen table. Rachel's credit cards are spread out on the table along with a pair of scissors.]

-Rachel: Oh God, come on you guys, is this really necessary? I mean, I can stop charging anytime I want.
天呀,各位,这真的必要吗?我随时都可以停止使用的,
-Monica: Come on, you can't live off your parents your whole life.
你不能靠你爸妈过一辈子
-Rachel: I know that. That's why I was getting married.
我知道,这就是为什么我要结婚
-Phoebe: Give her a break, it's hard being on your own for the first time.
别逼她,第一次独立生活是很困难的
-Rachel: Thank you.
谢谢你

-Phoebe: You're welcome. I remember when I first came to this city. I was fourteen.
不客气,记得我第一次来这个城市,我才十四岁,
My mom had just killed herself and my step-dad was back in prison, and I got here, and I didn't know anybody.
我妈妈刚自杀,我继父进了监狱,然后在这里我不认识任何人
And I ended up living with this albino guy who was, like, cleaning windshields outside port authority, and then he killed himself, and then I found aromatherapy.
然后我和一个在港务局,给人擦车窗的白化病人住在一起,最后他也自杀了,然后我找到按摩这份工作,
So believe me, I know exactly how you feel.
所以相信我,我完全了解你的感受

(Pause)

-Ross: The word you're looking for is 'Anyway'...
你想说的话是..总之….
-Monica: All right, you ready?
好了,准备好了吗
-Rachel: No. No, no, I'm not ready! How can I be ready? "Hey, Rach! You ready to jump out the airplane without your parachute?" Come on, I can't do this!
不不不,我没准备好,我怎么能准备好?嘿,Rach! 你没带降落伞就跳出飞机了?不要这样,我做不到!
-Monica: You can, I know you can!
你行,我知道你行
-Rachel: I don't think so.
我不怎么想
-Ross: Come on, you made coffee! You can do anything!
来嘛,你会泡咖啡!你能做任何事!

(Chandler slowly tries to hide the now dead plant from that morning when he and Joey poured their coffee into it.)

-Ross: Come on, cut. Cut, cut, cut,...
来吧,剪掉,剪掉,剪掉,剪掉,剪掉,
-All: Cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut, cut... (She cuts one of them and they cheer.)
cheer: 欢呼
剪掉,剪掉,剪掉,剪掉,

讲解注释sit around: 坐着没事干
spread out: 铺开
a pair of: 一对
scissors: 剪刀
necessary: 必须
charge: 支付
live off: 依赖…生活
Every year the groups of seals that live off our coasts are culled out because they eat too much fish.
每年居住在我们海岸边的海豹都被人挑选一部分杀死,因为它们吃掉的鱼太多。
In order to live off a garden, you practically have to live in it.
为了靠果园生活,实际上你得住进里边去。
break: 休息
on your own: 独立地(凭自己力量)
He can be left to work on his own.
工作可交给他一个人去做。
Although her father is in the firm she got the job on her own.
尽管她父亲在公司里,但她那份工作却是靠自己得到的。
prison: 监狱
step-:表示后,继之义
end up: 结果,最终是
If he carries on driving like that, he'll end up dead.
他照这样开车,早晚得死于非命。
You could end up running this company if you play your cards right.
你要是处理得当,到头来这个公司能归你掌管。
If you do that, you'll end up with egg on your face.
你要是做那件事,必将以耻辱告终。
albino: 白化病
windshield: 挡风玻璃
port authority: 港务局
aromatherapy: 用香料按摩
exactly: 精确
parachute: 跳伞
hide: 隐藏
pour: 倒,倾倒,倾泻
Although I poured it carefully, I spilt some of the oil.
虽然我倒油时很小心,但还是洒了一些。
She watched the rain pouring down the windows.
她注视著顺著窗户往下流的大雨。
The rain is really pouring down.
雨下得真大。

翻译练习多数亚洲人以大米为主食。

我能独自地把工作做完。

挥霍浪费者最后往往负债。

再给你倒杯茶好吗?

参考答案Most of the Asians live off rice.
多数亚洲人以大米为主食。

I was able to finish the job on my own.
我能独自地把工作做完。

Wasteful people usually end up in debt.
挥霍浪费者最后往往负债。

Can I pour you another cup of tea?
再给你倒杯茶好吗?

分享到
重点单词
  • spreadv. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒 n. 伸展,传
  • scissorsn. 剪刀
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • authorityn. 权力,权威,职权,官方,当局
  • scenen. 场,景,情景
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c