《老友记》视听精讲第201期:我从未以那种方式看你
日期:2013-01-28 13:57

(单词翻译:单击)

正文部分

Carl: I'm just saying, if I see one more picture of Ed Begley, Jr. in that stupid electric car, I'm gonna shoot myself! I mean, don't get me wrong ... I'm not against environmental issues per se... it's just that guy!
我是说如果我再看见,Ed Begley二世在那电车上,我就举枪自尽!别误会我的意思,我个人并不反对环保,只是我讨厌那家伙。
Ross: I can't believe you'd rather go out with him than me.
我难以相信你跟他约会,而不是跟我。
Rachel: Would you excuse me, please? I'm trying to have a date here.
抱歉,我正在约会。
Ross: Fine, just stop thinking about me.
行,那就别再想我。
Ross: Can't do it, can you?
做不到,对吗?
Rachel: So I'm thinking about you. So what?
我是在想你,那又怎样?
Ross: I don't get it. What do you see in this guy, anyway?
我不懂你为何会选上这种人?
Rachel: Well... he happens to be a very nice... guy.
他像是个好男人。
Carl: I mean, come on, buddy, get a real car!
老兄,买台真正的车吧!
Ross: Rachel, come on. Give us a chance.
Rachel,快点,给我们自己一个机会吧。
Rachel: Ross, it's too hard.
Ross,这太难了。
Ross: No, no, no... why, because it might get weird for everyone else? Who cares about them. This is about us. Look, II've been in love with you since, like, the ninth grade.
为什么?因为大家会感觉不对劲?谁理他们啊。这是我们两人的事,我从九年级开始就爱上你了。
Rachel: Ross, you're like my best friend.
Ross,你像我最好的朋友。
Ross: I know.
我知道。
Rachel: If we broke up, and I lost you...
如果我们分手,我失去你……
Ross: Whoa, whoa, whoa. What makes you think we're gonna break up?
不,你为何认为我们会分手?
Rachel: Well, have you been involved with someone where you haven't broken up?
曾经和你在一起的人不都是和你分手了?
Ross: No. But... it only has to happen once. Look, you and I both know we are perfect for each other, right? I mean... so, the only question is... are you attracted to me.
是的,但这种事只会发生一次,你我都知道我们是天生的一对,对吗?关键是你对我有感觉吗?
Rachel: I don't know... I mean, I've never looked at you that way before.
我不知道,我从未以那种方式看你。
Ross: Well, start looking.
那就开始看吧。
Rachel: Wow.
哇。
Carl: Exactly! And you just know I'm gonna be the guy caught behind this hammerhead in traffic!
没错,你知道我就是被困在车阵中的那一个。
Rachel: Right! You're right!
对,没错!
Carl: Heh... you know?
你知道?
Rachel: You know what?
你知道什么?
Carl: What?
什么?
Rachel: I forgot... I am supposed to pick up a friend at the airport. I am so sorry! I'm so... if you want to stay, and finish your drinks, please do.... I mean—I'm sorry. III gotta go. I'm sorry.
我忘了我应该去机场接朋友,真是抱歉!如果你想在这儿继续喝,请便,抱歉。但我得走了,抱歉。

影片简介

Joey为赚钱去捐精,但当他和新女友——一个果篮制造商——日益情浓,事情变得有点麻烦。大家一起烧烤为Rachel庆祝生日,Ross刚放下生日礼物就急着上路,他说要远赴中国为博物馆取回一块至关重要的(恐龙)头骨。后来,当Rachel 拆开礼物时,Chandler不经意地泄露出Ross 对她的爱慕之情。Rachel立刻奔向机场想截住Ross,“我得和他当面谈谈”,却错过了。Ross离开之后,她内心激烈交战。

划红精讲

背景介绍:

Ed Begley: 好莱坞演员,著名的环保主义者领袖

短语精讲:

1. get sb wrong: 误解某人

eg. Don't get me wrong: I value things like a college education and mathematical brilliance.
请不要误会我的意思:我用大学的教育和数学的才华去评价事物

eg. Don't get me wrong—my relationship with my wife is amazing.
大家不要误会我的意思——我和我妻子的关系很好。

2. per se: 本质上

eg. Is the desire for wealth, or the accumulation of wealth, per se, evidence of greed?
这是对财富的渴望,或财富积累的本身就见证了贪婪?

3. have a date: [口语](与某人)有约会

eg. Thank you. I'd like to, but I already have a date for Saturday night.
谢谢你。我是很想去,但是星期六晚上我已经有约会了。

4. get it: [口语]听懂,理解

(1) [口语]应门,去开门;去接电话

eg. There's that bell again, I'll get it.
电话铃声又响了,我去接吧。

(2) [口语]听懂,理解

eg. I don't get it; please explain.
我不懂,请解释一下。

(3) [口语]受到处罚(或冷落,谴责等),挨骂

eg. You'll get it when your teacher comes and sees what you've done!
你老师来看到你所干的事,你会挨骂的!

分享到
重点单词
  • greedn. 贪心,贪婪
  • accumulationn. 积聚,累积,积聚物
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • brilliancen. (色彩)鲜明,光辉,辉煌
  • evidencen. 根据,证据 v. 证实,证明