(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Phoebe:Oh no, don't ever do that.
噢,不,永远不要这么做。
Roger:what?
什么?
Phoebe:I am sorry, I just, I have a thing, which means you can not ever do that.
抱歉,我只是,我有一件事,他意味着你永远都不可以再这么做。
Roger:What's wrong, sweetie?
怎么了,亲爱的?
Phoebe:Nothing, nothing.
没事,没事。
Roger:Aaaah, what's wrong, come on.
到底怎么了?快说嘛。
Phoebe:It's, I mean, it's nothing, I'm fine. It's my friends. Theythey have a liking problem with you. In that, um, they don't.
好吧,我……没事,问题出在我朋友身上,他们对你有意见。
Roger:Oh. They don't...
他们……
Phoebe:But they don't see all the wonderfulness that I see. They don't see all the good stuff and all the sweet stuff. They just think you're a little...
他们看不见你的好处,他们看不见你好的一面,他们认为你有点……
Roger:What?
什么?
Phoebe:Intense and creepy.
难以相处。
Roger:Oh.
噢。
Phoebe:But I don't. Me, Phoebe.
但我,Phoebe不这么认为。
Roger:Well, I'm not I'm not at all surprised they feel that way.
我对他们的反应毫不感到惊讶。
Phoebe:You're not? See, that's why you're so great!
你不惊讶?这就是我欣赏你的地方!
Roger:Actually it's, it's quite, you know, typical behaviour when you have this kind of dysfunctional group dynamic.You know, this kind of codependant, emotionally stunted, sitting in your stupid coffee house with your stupid big cups which,I'm sorry, might as well have nipples on them, and you're like all "Oh, define me! Define me! Love me, I need love!"
当群体动力失调时这是很平常的反应,这种相互依赖,情绪激动,坐在那家烂咖啡屋,拿着大咖啡杯,抱歉,或许还有乳头在上面,你们都会说“定义我这个人”,“爱我,我需要爱”!
Monica:So you talked to your dad, huh.
你和你爸谈过了?
Joey:Yeah. He's gonna keep cheating on my ma like she wanted, she's gonna keep pretending she doesn't know even though she does,and my little sister Tina can't see her husband any more because he got a restraining order...which has nothing to do with anything except that I found out today.
他要以我妈希望的方式继续欺骗我妈,我妈要继续假装她一无所知,我妹Tina不能再见她丈夫,因为他接到禁制令,这两件事没关系,但我今天才听说。
Rachel:Wow.
噢。
Chandler:Things sure have changed here on Waltons mountain.
登Waltons山这儿的事全变了。
Ross:So Joey, you okay?
Joey,你没事吧?
Joey:Yeah, I guess. It's just parents, after a certain point, you gotta let go. Even if you know better, you've gotta let them make their own mistakes.
或许吧,他们是父母,你不得不顺其自然,即使你知道这样做不对,但你还是得让他们犯自己的错误。
Rachel:Just think, in a couple of years we get to turn into them.
而且几年后我们就和他们一样。
Chandler:If I turn into my parents, I'll either be an alcoholic blond chasing after twentyyearold boys, or... I'll end up like my mom.
如果我像他们一样, 我不是变成嗜酒的追逐二十岁小男孩的金发帅哥, 就是变得和我妈一样【Chandler的爸爸是同性恋,最后在拉斯维加斯装扮成女人唱歌演艺。】
Phoebe:Hey.
你好。
All:Hey, Pheebs.
你好,Pheebs。
Monica:How's it going?
怎么样?
Phoebe:Oh, okay, except I broke up with Roger.
哦,挺好的,除了我和罗杰分手这件事。
All:Awww.
哦。
Phoebe:Yeah, right.
是的,对。
All:Aaawwwwww!
噢噢噢!
Rachel:What happened?
怎么了?
Phoebe:I don't know, I mean, he's a good person, and he can be really sweet, and in some ways I think he is so right for me, it's just... I hate that guy!
怎么了?我说不上来,他的个好人而且对我很体贴,他的某些方面很适合我,只是……我讨厌这个人!
重点讲解
单词回顾:
1. c'mon=come on gonna=going to gotta = get to
2. wonderfulness: n. 极好;精彩;优点
eg. Getting together brings not only wonderfulness to us, but an access to parting over the time.
相聚给我们的生活带来精彩,但却在时间的流逝中,慢慢的与分离接近。
3. creepy: 令人毛骨悚然的
eg. The procedure is creepy if you don’t like needles.
如果你不喜欢针的话,这个过程是令人毛骨悚然的。
4. typical: 典型的
eg. This is very typical in Thailand, but it is not accepted in movies.
这在泰国是非常典型的,但却不能出现在电影里。
5. emotionally: 在情感上地
6. restraining order: 禁令 restrain: 抑制
7. certain point: 某种程度上
8. blond: 白肤金发碧眼的(男)人(blond一般指男性;女性一般称为 blonde)
词组学习:
1.lay down: 躺下
eg. He lay down on his blanket.
他静静地躺在他的毛毯上。
2.not at all: 一点也不
eg. And maybe you listen and drink in moderation or not at all.
也许你听从建议适量喝酒或者一点都不喝。
3.as well: 也,又
eg. Not only I like this movie, but my mother likes it as well.
不但是我喜欢这部电影,我的妈妈也很爱看它。
4.have nothing to do with: 和……无关
eg. These are things to be proud of, but they have nothing to do with rank or class.
这些事情是应该引以为荣的,不过这与身份、阶级毫无关系。