《老友记》视听精讲第150期:你不是狠角色吗?
日期:2012-10-10 18:24

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Monica: Sorry, Rach.
对不起,Rach。
Phoebe: You know, there's gonna be lots of other stuff.
你知道,工作满街都是的。
Rachel: Yeah...OK. Where were we? Oh, OK... five card draw, uh... jacks or better... nothing wild, everybody ante.
玩到哪了?OK,拿五张牌,11点比较好,大家下注。
Joey: Look, Rachel, we don't have to do this.
Rachel,别再完了。
Rachel: Yes, we do.
要玩,下注。
Monica: Alright, check.
好了,下注 。
Joey: Check.
下注。
Ross: I'm in for fifty cents.
我下5毛钱。
Chandler: Call.
跟。
Phoebe: I'm in.
我跟。
Rachel: I see your fifty cents... and I raise you... five dollars.
我跟你5毛,然后我要加5块。
Ross: I thought, uh... it was a fifty cent limit.
我以为5毛是上限。
Rachel: Well, I just lost a job, and I'd like to raise the bet five bucks. Does anybody have a problem with that?
我刚失去工作所以想加5块,各位有问题吗?
Rachel: Loser?
输家?
Ross: No, I fold.
不,我退出。
Rachel: What do you mean, you fold? Hey, come on! What is this? I thought that "once the cards were dealt, I'm not a nice guy." I mean, what, were you just full of it?
退出是什么意思?怎么了?你不是发完牌后,就六亲不认的狠角色吗?还只是对此满足了吗?
Ross: I'm in.
我跟。
Rachel: How many you want?
几张牌?
Ross: One.
一张。
Rachel: Dealer takes two. What do you bet?
庄家两张。你下吗?
Ross: I bet two dollars.
我下2块。
Rachel: OK... see your two... and I raise you twenty.
好的,我跟你2块,再加你20。
Ross: I see your twenty, raise you twentyfive.
我跟你20,再加25。

影片介绍

Rachel腻烦了当女侍应,送出许多简历应聘:她在第五大道上(首屈一指的)Saks Fifth Avenue百货公司得到面试机会。Ross为Rachel倾倒。男人们玩扑克牌,三个女人也想加入,男人们犹豫着答应了。女人们初学乍练输掉了第一局,想再玩一次。争强好胜的Monica一发不可收拾……

重点讲解

1. Check: 避免主动叫牌,把下注权让给下家

2. back away: 逐渐后退

eg. First came Barack Obama's slippery but clear efforts to back away from it.
首先是奥巴马总统圆滑但清晰的表明放弃了这一政策。

eg. If you become scared and back away, then your old conditioning wins.
如果你害怕而退回,那么你的旧的条件作用胜利了。

3. be full of it: 对此满足

eg. Our life cannot always be full of happiness but it can always be full of love!
生活尽管无法经常充满快乐,但我们能够让它盈溢著满满的爱!

eg. It is not a pleasant ride because the train can be full of people. It is so crowded that we are packed like sardines—just like small fish in a can.
这并不是个舒服的交通工具,因为火车上可能挤满了人,挤到我们像沙丁鱼一样被装在罐头里。

分享到
重点单词
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • slipperyadj. 滑的,狡猾的,不可靠的
  • dealern. 商人,经销商,发牌者,毒品贩子
  • foldn. 折层,折痕 vt. 折叠,包,交叉,拥抱 vi.