《老友记》视听精讲第197期:这女人身上有静音按钮吗?
日期:2013-01-22 15:15

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Rachel: I mean, this is unbelievable.I mean this is unbelievable.
太不可思议了,我是说这太不可思议了。
Phoebe: I know. This is really, really huge.
我知道,这真是,真是太大了。
Chandler: No it's not. It's small. It's tiny. It's petite. It's wee.
不,它很细小。
Phoebe: Nuhuh. I don't think any of our lives are ever gonna be the same ever again.
我认为我们的生活将产生变化。
Chandler: OK, is there a mute button on this woman?
这女人身上有静音按钮吗?
Monica: I think this is so great! I mean, you and Ross! Ddid you have any idea?
我认为这样很好啊,你和Ross,你有感觉吗?
Rachel: No! None! I mean, my first night in the city, he mentioned something about asking me out, but nothing ever happened, so I just... Well, what else did he say? I mean, does he, like, want to go out with me
没有,我来到纽约的第一夜,他曾提过要约我出去,但他后来再没提过邀我出去,所以我…… 他还说些什么?他想约我出去?
Joey: Well, given that he's desperately in love with you, he probably wouldn't mind getting a cup of coffee or something.
如果他爱你爱得无法自拔,他大概想和你喝杯咖啡什么的。
Rachel: Ross? All this time? Well, I've got to talk to him.
Ross?这些日子以来?我得找他谈谈。
Chandler: He's in China!
他在中国。
Joey: The country.
那个国家。
Rachel: Did his flight leave yet?
他的飞机起飞了吗?
Chandler: Yes! He is watching a woman do this. He is gone!
是的!他正在看一个女人做这个。他走了!
Monica: No, no, wait. His flight doesn't leave for another fortyfive more minutes.
不,不,等等。他的飞机再过45分钟才会起飞。
Chandler: What about the time difference?
时差呢?
Monica: From here to the airport?
从这儿到机场?
Chandler: Yes! You're never gonna make it.
你不可能追上的!
Rachel: I have gotta try.
我得试试。
Monica: Rachel, what're you gonna say to him?
Rachel,你要对他说什么?
Rachel: I I I don't know.
我不知道。
Chandler: Well then maybe you shouldn't go.
那么或许你不该去。
Joey: He's right, because if you're just gonna, like, break his heart, that's the kind of thing that can wait.
没错,因为你是去伤他的心,不妨再等等。
Monica: Yeah, but if it's good news, you should tell him now.
对,但如果是好消息,你得立刻去。
Rachel: I don't know. Maybe I'll know when I see him.
我也不知道或许见到面时我就知道了。
Phoebe: Here, look, alright, does this help?
看这儿,好吧,这个有帮助吗?
Rachel: Noooo... look, all I know is that I cannot wait a week until I see him. I mean, this is just too big. You know, I just, I've just gotta talk to him. I... I gotta... OK, I'll see you later.
没用,我只知道我等不了一星期,这件事太严重了。我得和他谈谈,再见了。
Chandler: Rachel, I love you! Deal with me first!
Rachel,我爱你!先跟我把事情解决!
Flight Attendant: Alright!
好的!
Ross: Nichou chima!
你说什么?
Rachel: Ross! Excuse me, pardon me, excuse me...
Ross!抱歉,原谅我,抱歉……
Flight Attendant: Hi!
嗨!
Rachel: Hi.
嗨。
Flight Attendant: May I see your boarding pass ?
我可以看看你的登记证吗?
Rachel: Oh, no, no, I don't have one. I just need to talk to my friend.
不,我没有,我只是想找我朋友。
Flight Attendant: Oh, oooh. I'm sorry. You are not allowed on the jetway unless you have a boarding pass.
抱歉,除非有登机证,否则不能进入。
Rachel: No, I know, but I—he just went on. He's right there, he's got the blue jacket on, I... can I just...
我知道,但他刚走。他就在那儿,穿蓝色夹克,我能……
Flight Attendant: No no no! Federal regulations!
不行!联邦法规!

影片简介

Joey为赚钱去捐精,但当他和新女友——一个果篮制造商——日益情浓,事情变得有点麻烦。大家一起烧烤为Rachel庆祝生日,Ross刚放下生日礼物就急着上路,他说要远赴中国为博物馆取回一块至关重要的(恐龙)头骨。后来,当Rachel 拆开礼物时,Chandler不经意地泄露出Ross 对她的爱慕之情。Rachel立刻奔向机场想截住Ross,“我得和他当面谈谈”,却错过了。Ross离开之后,她内心激烈交战。

划红精讲

1. mute button: 静音键 mute: 沉默的 button: 按钮

2. ask out: 邀请外出

eg. While it feels great to have a relationship with a Korean woman, I don't want to ask out every single one.
虽然跟一个韩国裔女人的关系很棒,我可不想搭讪每一个亚裔女人。

3. leave for: 出发去

eg. He asked me yesterday when I should leave for Paris.
昨天他问我什么时候动身去巴黎。

eg. Shall we leave for another place to start our new life?
要不,咱们离开长春,到一个新的地方重新开始。 好吗?

4. make it: 做到,获得成功

eg. I wonder if they can make it.
我在想他们是不是能办得到。

5. break one's heart: (使某人)伤心

eg. My loves, you know we are mortals. Is it wise to break one's heart for the one who takes her heart away? For time is short.
我心爱的人们,你们知道我是凡人。为那把心带走了的人而心碎,明智吗?因为时光短暂。

分享到
重点单词
  • flightn. 飞行,航班 n. 奇思妙想,一段楼梯 n.
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • pardonn. 原谅,赦免 vt. 宽恕,原谅
  • attendantadj. 伴随的 n. 服务员,侍从,伴随物,出席者
  • muten. 哑子,默音字母,弱音器 adj. 哑的,无声的,沉