《老友记》视听精讲第186期:我有不能结婚的因子吗?
日期:2013-01-07 14:00

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Phoebe: They're tiny and chubby and so sweet to touch, And soon they'll grow up and resent you so much. Now they're yelling at you and you don't know why, you cry and you cry and you cry. And you cry and you cry and you cry...
他们又小又肉摸起来感觉很好。不久他们长大后就会开始恨你。现在他们对你大吼大叫。你哭泣…… 你哭泣……
Phoebe: Thanks, Ross.
谢谢,Ross。
Ross: Yeah. I'm paying you to stop.
用来叫你停止的好吧。
Phoebe: Ok.
好的。
Phoebe: Oh, look, twins. Hi, guys. Oh, cute, cute.
看,是双胞胎,好可爱。
Monica: No fair . I don't even have one. How come they get two?
不公平,我一个都没有,他们怎会有两个?
Chandler: You'll get one.
你也会有的。
Monica: Oh yeah? When?
是吗?什么时候?
Chandler: All right. I'll tell you what. When we're 40, if neither one of us are married, what do you say you and I get together and have one?
好吧,告诉你,我们40岁时如果都还单身,我们就一起生一个,如何?
Monica: Why won't I be married when I'm 40?
为何我40岁时还单身?
Chandler: Oh, no, no. I just meant hypothetically.
不,这只是假设。
Monica: Ok, hypothetically, why won't I be married when I'm 40?
假设为何我到40岁时还单身?
Chandler: No, no, no.
不是。
Monica: What is it? Is there something fundamentally unmarriable about me?
我身上难道有什么根本不能结婚的因子吗?
Chandler: Uh, uh.
哦。
Monica: Well?
怎么了?
Chandler: Dear God! This parachute is a knapsack!
这降落伞是个背包。
Rachel: Hey.
嗨。
Phoebe: Hey. Ooh, look at you, dressydress.
看你,盛装登场。
Monica: Did you go home and change?
你回家换衣服?
Rachel: Yeah, well, it's an important day. I wanna look nice. Um, has uh Dr. Franzblau been by?
今天是个重要的日子,我想漂亮一点,Franzblau 大夫过来了吗?不,我们还没见到他。
Monica: No, I haven't seen him.
不,我们还没见到他。
Rachel: Well, where is he? He is supposed to be here. What if the baby needs him?
他在哪儿?他应该在这儿的,万一小孩需要他怎么办?
Chandler: Rachel, what is the deal with you and doctors, anyway? Was, like, your father a doctor?
Rachel, 你和医生到底是怎么了,难道你爸也是个医生?
Rachel: Yeah, why?
对,干嘛问?
Chandler: No reason.
没理由。
Lydia: Mom, we have been through this. No, I'm not calling him. I don't care if it is his kid, the guy's a jerk. No, I'm not alone. Joey's here. What do you mean, Joey who? Joey who?
妈妈,我们已经没事了,不,我不找他,我不管这是不是他的孩子他是个大浑蛋,不,我不是一个人 Joey在这儿,什么意思?Joey什么?
Joey: Tribbiani.
Tribbiani。
Lydia: Joey Tribbiani. Yes, ok. Hold on. She wants to talk to you. Take the phone.
Joey Tribbiani,对,等等,她要跟你谈。
Joey: Hi, yeah, it's me. Oh, no no no, we're just friends. Yeah, I'm single. 25. An actor. Hello?
对,是我,不,我们只是朋友,对,我单身25岁,演员。

影片简介

Carol即将分娩,六人齐集医院;但Carol却因为陪Susan购物而姗姗来迟;Ross一见Susan就剑拔弩张,之后两人又为婴儿的名字争执,双双被Carol轰出门外。Rachel对妇产科医生频送秋波……但该医生患职业病,对女性失去了胃口。Phoebe带着吉他到医院唱歌,“粉嘟嘟的小孩子,长大憎你老不死”——犯得Ross给她钱买她闭嘴。Phoebe、Ross和Susan被困在储物室,Phoebe给两人上了一课。

重点讲解

1. grow up:

(1) 长大成人

eg. She grew up in Tokyo.
她在东京长大。

(2) 别犯傻;别孩子气[非正式]

eg. It's time you grew up.
是时候你该去掉孩子气了。

(3) 兴起并发展起来

eg. A variety of heavy industries grew up alongside the port.
各种重工业在港口边上兴起并发展起来。

2. dressydress: 盛装亮相 dressy: 衣着考究的

eg. It was the shape of a businessman with dressy shoes, slacks, and the rolled sleeves of a collared shirt.
那是一个商人的形状,穿着讲究的皮鞋,宽松的长裤,带领的衬衫卷着袖子。

3. be through: 结束,友谊破裂

(1) 完成;做好(某事)

eg. I'll be through with this in a few minutes.
我几分钟就能把这件事做完。

(2) 耐心已尽;弃绝;断绝关系(with)

eg. I'm through with him.
我和他断绝了关系。

(3) [电话用语]接通(to)

eg. After a few minutes' wait in the call-box,I was through.
我在公共电话间等了几分钟后,电话就接通了。

分享到
重点单词
  • hypotheticallyadv. 假设地;假想地
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • varietyn. 多样,种类,杂耍
  • resentvt. 恨,生气