(单词翻译:单击)
原文试听
Oh my God! I can’t believe my little brother is married!
啊,天呀。真不敢相信,弟弟你已经结婚了。
Oh I know!! (Both he and Alice squeal hysterically)
是呀。
You guys, why didn’t you tell me you were eloping?
你们俩为什么不告诉我你们准备结婚?
‘Cause it just sorta happened,
因为我们之前也没有想过结婚这事,
you know we were at the courthouse, we were having lunch…
那天我们去法院, 我们正在吃午饭...
Wait, wait, why were you at the courthouse?
等等,你们去法院做什么呀?
We were having lunch.
我们去吃午饭呀.
Yeah and then all of the sudden we were like,
然后,我们突然之间意识到,
"Hey! You know, we’re here, having lunch let’s get married! “
嘿! 我们正在法院吃饭,吃完饭我们去登记结婚吧!
Wow, a year and a half ago I didn’t even know I had a brother, and now I have a sister too.
哇, 一年半以前我甚至都不知道自己有个弟弟,现在我还有弟媳了。
oh, its’s so great.Okay. Okay. Stop it, don’t.
哦,很好,好,啊. 快停下来,别亲了。
So, I gotta get you a gift now. Is there anything you need?
既然你们结婚了, 我得送给你们一份礼物.你们需要什么吗?
Uhh, yeah.
嗯...有。
We’ve been trying to get pregnant, uh pretty much ever since we got engaged,
我们俩一直努力想要个孩子嗯,几乎从我们订婚那天就开始了。
we thought we’d get a jump on things, y’know no one’s getting any younger.
我们非常着急, 你也知道,我们都不年轻了。
See the thing is umm, we’re not able to you know, uh, conceive.
但情况是,嗯,她不能怀孕。
And we’ve tried everything, we’ve seen a bunch of doctors.
我们什么方法都试过了, 也去看了不少医生。
Yeah, and they-and they say that our-that our only chance to have a baby is that if they take my sperm,
医生说了,我们有孩子的唯一的机会就是把我的精子,
her egg and put it together in a dish and then put it into another girl.
她的卵子放在一个器皿里,然后再移入另外一个女生。
So we were wondering if you could be the girl that we could put it into.
因此我们在想,你可不可以成为那个女生。
That’s a really nice gift. I was thinking of like a gravy boat.
那真是一个美好的礼物. 我刚刚还以为是要放到酱油壶里呢.
We know it's a lot to ask. We don't have anyone else to go to. We could pay someone...but we don't have that kind of money.
我们知道我们要求的很过分,我们求门无助,我们可以付钱,但是我们没有那笔的钱。
Plus, you know, you're family and, you know...
再加上,你知道,我们是一家人,
I just don't want my baby to grow into some chick I don't know, you know?
我也不想把我的孩子放进一个我不认识的女人的肚子里。
Don't give us an answer yet, think about it. And if you say no,
不要给我们答案,考虑一下,如果你说不,
we'll totally understand.
我们会完全明白的。
Okay. Okay.
好的,好的。
And we were wondering if you could give us a ride down to the train station.
我们在想你能不能载我们去火车站,
Well, actually, we kind of need an answer to that one right now.
事实上,我们现在就需要这个答案。
影视精讲
all of the sudden: 突然
What is with you all of the sudden?
突然的时候,什么会和你在一起?
That all of the sudden, everything is going to be different?
突然之间一切都不同了?
get married: 结婚
Will they get married this year?
他们会在今年结婚吗?
get a jump on sth: 立刻干成某事
Hey, mom. I thought I'd go early today, get a jump on my studies.
嘿,妈。我想我今天要早点走,去开始我的学习了。