(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Chandler: So after the proposal, I kind of unraveled.
求婚以后,我就说明了。
Ross: Right.Because you were really in control up until then.
是啊。因为你控制全盘直到那个时候。
Chandler: Well, I ended up telling her everything.
最后我把一切都告诉她了。
Rachel: Oh, how'd she take it?
她的反应如何?
Chandler: Pretty well. Except for the stapler thing.Little tip: if you're ever in a similar situation, never ever leave your hand... on the desk.
坦然接受。除了拿钉书机钉我之外。告诉你们,以后遇见类似的状况,切记别把手放在桌上!
Monica: Okay, I think I get how to do this.
我想我知道该怎么做了。
Phoebe: Alright, so, can we turn this off? Can we just make it... make them go away? Because I can't, I can't watch.
我们能把电视关掉吗?能把他们弄走吗?因为我没法看了。
Monica: Okay, Phoebe, they're gone.
Phoebe,他们走了。
Phoebe: Okay.
好的。
Monica: Are you alright?
你还好吧?
Phoebe: Yeah. It's just, you know, it's this whole stupid Ursula thing, it's...
还不是 Ursula惹的祸。
Rachel: Okay, Phoebe, can I ask? So, he's going out with her. I mean, is it really so terrible?
Phoebe,我能问……他和她约会真有那么糟吗?
Phoebe: Um, yeah. Look, I mean, I'm not saying she's like evil or anything. She just, you know, she's always breaking my stuff.When I was eight, and I wouldn't let her have my Judy Jetson thermos, so she threw it under the bus.And then, oh, and then when I was 12, she broke my collarbones.Alright,she didn't mean to do it but I think it still counts.There was Randy Brown, who was like... Have you ever had a boyfriend whowas like your best friend?
对,我不是说她是很坏,她总是给我添乱!我8岁时我不给她我的热水壶,她就把它丢在公车下。我12岁的时候,她弄断了我的锁骨。她不是有意的,不过也算。然后,有个Randy Brown,你们有没有过男友身兼好友的情况?
Monica and Rachel: No.
没有。
Phoebe: Well, but that's what he was for me. And she you know, kind of stole him away, and then... broke his heart... and then he wouldn't even talk to me any more.Because he said he didn't wanna be around... anything that looked like either one of us.
我当时的状况就是如此,她把他抢走又伤他的心,他从此不和我说话。因为他说他不愿再见像她我们俩之一的任何人!
Rachel: Oh... Oh, Phoebe.
哦,Phoebe。
Phoebe: I mean, I know Joey is not my boyfriend, or my thermos, or anything, but...
我知道Joey不是我男朋友或者热水壶。
Chandler: You're not gonna lose him.
你不会失去他的。
Monica: Hon, you gotta talk to Joey.
你得找Joey谈。
Phoebe: Yeah. Okay.
好的。
Ross: No, come on, he doesn't know this stuff. If he knew how you felt.
拜托,这些事他全然不知,如果她了解你的感受。
Phoebe: But he's falling in love with her.
但他爱上她了。
Rachel: Oh please, they've been going out a week. They haven't even slept together yet, I mean, that's notserious.
拜托,他们才约会一个星期,根本还没上床,八字都还没一撇呢。
Phoebe: Okay... Okay.
好吧,好吧。
Phoebe: Oh, okay, oh.
好吧。
重点讲解
重点单词:
1. proposal: 求婚
eg. She cast about for some excuse for refusing his proposal.
她设法寻找拒绝他求婚的借口。
2. unravel: 阐明,解释,解开
eg. At that time alarm bells will sound in your head, but as the week moves on, things may unravel.
在次警报铃将会声音在你的头, 但是当做星期动作在,之上事物可能阐明。
词组学习:
1. in control: 控制,管理
eg. You have to be lucid and in control.
你必须保持清醒和控制力。
2. hold up: 举起,支撑
eg. I would hold up a blue circle, make them touch the circle and say blue.
我会举起一只蓝色的圆环,让他们触摸圆环,说出蓝色这个单词。
3. take revenge: 报复
eg. A woman said she would teach her children to take revenge on Americans.
一个妇女表示她将告诉她的孩子们,要向美国人报复。
影视背景
Joey碰到了Phoebe的孪生姐姐Ursula:Joey和她约会,这可惹恼了和姐姐关系僵持的Phoebe。Ross和Carol及Susan一起参加助产课程,Carol对分娩心怀恐惧,Ross意识到自己将升级为人父。Chandler为公司里一名雇员所吸引,却受命要解雇她,他实在下不了手,于是开始约会她,并告诉每个人说,她精神状态极度失衡,如果解雇她后果将不堪设想,她注意到人们态度异样,Chardler不得不摊牌。