《老友记》视听精讲第190期:每天都是女同志节
日期:2013-01-11 16:27

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Ross: Come on, come on. Damnit, damnit, damnit, damnit. This is all your fault. This is supposed to be, like, the greatest day of my life, you know? My son is being born, and I should be in there, you know, instead of stuck in a closet with you.
可恶……都是你的错,这本来是我今生最快乐的日子,我儿子即将出世,我应该在那儿的,而不是被困在这儿。
Susan: The woman I love is having a baby today. I have been waiting for this just as much as you have.
我所爱的女人就要生,我和你一样期待已久。
Ross: No no no, believe me. No one has been waiting for this as much as I have, ok? And you know what the funny thing is? When this day is over, you get to go home with the baby, ok? Where does that leave me?
不,相信我没人像我如此期待,知道有趣的是什么吗?过了今天,你抱着孩子回家,好吗?我还剩下什么?
Susan: You get to be the baby's father. Everyone knows who you are. Who am I? There's Mother's Day, there's Father's Day, there's no... Lesbian Lover Day.
你是孩子的爸爸,大家都知道你是我是谁?这世上有父亲节,母亲节,却没有女同志节。
Ross: Every day is Lesbian Lover Day
每天都是女同志节。
Phoebe: This is so great.
精彩。
Ross: You wanna explain that?
愿意解释吗?
Phoebe: I mean, well, because when I was growing up, you know my dad left, and my mother died, and my stepfather went to jail, so I barely had enough pieces of parents to make one whole one. And here's this little baby who has like three whole parents who care about it so much that they're fighting over who gets to love it the most. And it's not even born yet. It's just, it's just the luckiest baby in the whole world. I'm sorry, you were fighting.
因为我小时候我爸离开,我妈过世,我继父入狱,我根本得不到父母的爱,如今他有如此爱他的三个父母,甚至为谁给他的爱最多而吵架,而且他根本还未出世,他真是全天下最幸福的宝宝,抱歉,你们正在吵架。
Carol: Where are they?
他们在哪里?
Monica: I'm sure they'll be here soon.
我保证他们一会就到。
Rachel: Yeah, honey, they wouldn't miss this.
是的,亲爱的,他们不会错过的。
Joey: Relax. You're only at nine centimeters. And the baby's at zero station
对,放轻松,才开九公分宝宝没那么快出来。
Chandler: You are really frightening me.
你吓到我了。
Chandler: Somebody wanna help me, trying to rip out my heart. Uh, that's great. Anybody seen a nipple?
谁愿意帮我吗?她想掏出我的心脏,这下可好,有人看见乳头吗?
Dr. Franzblau: All right, ten centimeters, here we go.
十公分,开始用力。
Nurse: All right, honey, time to start pushing.
好了,亲爱的,开始推。
Carol: But they're not here yet!
但是他们还没来。
Dr. Franzblau: I'm sorry, I can't tell the baby to wait for them.
对不起,我没法让孩子等他们。
Carol: Oh, god.
哦,天哪。
Ross: Ok, got the vent open.
通气口开了。
Phoebe: Hi, I'm Ben. I'm hospital worker Ben. It's Ben... to the rescue!
我是 Ben,我是医院工人 Ben,Ben前来抢救了。
Ross: Ben, you ready? All right, give me your foot. Ok, on three, Ben. One, two, three. Ok, that’s it, Ben.
Ben准备好没?脚给我,一二三好了,这就是,Ben。
Susan: What do you see?
你看见什么了?
Phoebe: Well, Susan, I see what appears to be a dark vent. Wait. Yes, it is in fact a dark vent.
Susan,我看见黑暗的通气孔。

影片简介

Carol即将分娩,六人齐集医院;但Carol却因为陪Susan购物而姗姗来迟;Ross一见Susan就剑拔弩张,之后两人又为婴儿的名字争执,双双被Carol轰出门外。Rachel对妇产科医生频送秋波……但该医生患职业病,对女性失去了胃口。Phoebe带着吉他到医院唱歌,“粉嘟嘟的小孩子,长大憎你老不死”——犯得Ross给她钱买她闭嘴。Phoebe、Ross和Susan被困在储物室,Phoebe给两人上了一课。

划红精讲

1. be supposed to: 应该;被期望

eg. What time will we be supposed to arrive there.
我们应该什么时候到达那里。

eg. We are the sun which inaugurates, will be supposed to light the future with the life.
我们是初开的太阳,就该用生命来点燃未来。

2. as much as: 和……一样多;差不多

eg. Not as much as you might think.
能但不会像你想象的那么多。

eg. I love my motherland as much as you love yours.
我爱我的祖国就像你爱你的祖国一样深。

3. care about:

(1) 对……感兴趣;注意;关心

eg. I don't care about his opinion.
我才不管他是什么意见呢。

(2) 为……担忧,担心,操心,忧虑

eg. She always cares about losing her job.
她总是担心丢掉她的工作。

(3) 喜欢;对……中意

eg. I really care about the students in my class.
我确实喜欢我班上的学生。

分享到
重点单词
  • faultn. 缺点,过失,故障,毛病,过错,[地]断层 vt.
  • rescuevt. 营救,援救 n. 营救,救援
  • ventn. 排气口,表达,发泄,火山口 v. 发泄,表达,排放
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱
  • frighteningadj. 令人恐惧的,令人害怕的 动词frighten的