(单词翻译:单击)
原文视听
Joey:I love babies, with their little baby shoes, and their little baby toes, and their little baby hands...
我喜欢孩子,他们的小鞋,小脚指头,小手……
Chandler:Ok, you're going to have to stop that, forever!
好了,你别再这样了,永远不要!
Joey:Need a new table.
需要新桌子了。
Chandler:You think?
你这么想?
Carol:Hey hey, come on in!
嘿, 进来吧!
Ross:Hey, hello! mmwa! I brought all the books, and Monica sends her love, along with this lasagna.
嘿!我把书都拿回来了,莫妮卡送你这些面条。
Carol:Oh great! Is it vegetarian, because Susan doesn't eat meat.
太好了!是素的吗,苏珊不吃肉。
Ross:I'm pretty sure that it is...Nineteen weeks, the breasts are starting to swell. According to the literature.
我肯定是素的……十九周,乳房开始膨胀。文学作品是这么写的。
Carol:So, I got the results of the amnio today.
我拿到超声波结果了。
Ross:Oh, tell me, tell me, is everything, uhh...?
哦,告诉我,告诉我,怎么样……?
Carol:Totally and completely healthy!
完全彻底的健康!
Ross:Oh, that's great, that is great!
哦, 太棒了, 太棒了!
Ross:Hey, when did you and Susan meet Huey Lewis?
嗨,你和苏珊什么时候认识的Huey Lewis?
Carol:Uh, that's our friend Tanya.
啊,那是我们的朋友Tanya.
Ross:Of course it's your friend Tanya.
原来是你们的朋友Tanya.
Carol:Don't you want to know about the sex?
你不想知道性别吗?
Ross:The sex? Um, I'm having enough trouble with the image of you and Susan together,when you throw in Tanya, yaw...
性? 嗯,光想你和Susan一起的样子我就够不舒服的,你要再把Tanya加进来, 呃……
Carol:The sex of the baby, Ross.
我是说孩子的性别,Ross.
Ross:Oh, you know the sex of the baby? Oh, ohohoh!
噢,你知道了?噢……
Carol:Do you want to know?
你想知道吗?
Ross:No, no, no, no, no, I don't want to know, absolutely not.I think, you know, I think you should know until you look down there, and say, oop, there it is! Or isn't...
不,不,我不想,绝对不想.我不想现在知道。我认为应该等到那时再低头瞧一瞧,然后说, 嘿, 带那个的...或不带的...
Susan:Oh, hello Ross!
你好,Ross!
Ross:Susan.
Susan.
Susan:So, so, did you hear?
那么……你知道了吗?
Ross:Yes, we did, everything's AOK!
对,我们知道了,一切正常!
Susan:Oh, that's so cool. It really is...do we know...?
噢,那真的是太好了……知道“那个”了么?
Carol:It really is...
真的是……
Susan:Do we know?
我们知道孩子的性别了吗?
Carol:Yes, we certainly do, it's going to be...
是的, 当然知道了, 它是个……
Ross:Oh, hey hey hey, ho ho ho, hello, guy who doesn't want to know, standing right here!
嘿,嘿,这有人不想知道,我就站在这呢!
Susan:Oh, well, is it what we thought it would be?
嗯,那么,是我们希望的么?
Carol:Mmhmmm.
嗯。
Ross:Ok, what, what...ok, what did we think it was going to be?
什么,什么……你们希望是男是女?
Carol and Susan:It's a...
是……
Ross:No, no, no I don't want to know, don't want to know. Ok, you know, I should probably, I should probably just go.
不,不,我不想知道,不想。好吧,我还是……先回去了。
Carol:Well, thanks for the books.
好的,谢谢你的书。
Ross:No problem, ok, mmmwa. oh, mmmwa. Susan...
没问题,嗯,哦,嗯,苏珊……
Susan:All right, who should we call first, your folks, or Deb and Rona?
好吧,我们该先告诉谁,你家人,还是Deb和Rona?
Carol:Hello?
喂?
Ross:Uh, never mind, I don't want to know.
嗯,没事,我不想知道。
重点讲解
词汇回顾:
1.vegetarian: 素食的
2.swell: 膨胀
3.literature: 文学,文学作品
4.fling: vt. 掷,抛;嘲笑;使陷入
Fling me back the ball,will you?
把球掷回给我,好吗?
5.giggle: 吃吃地笑,格格地笑 chuckle: 抿着嘴轻声地笑
I heard a sigh, and then, a soft giggle.
我听到一声叹息,然后是轻软的咯咯的笑声。
I heard someone outside the world laugh, a heavenly chuckle.
我听见有人在世界的外面笑出了声,仿如来自天堂的窃笑。
6.AOK:极好,妙极,完美的
7.frightenedly: 受惊吓地 frighten: 使惊吓,惊恐
8.flail: 用连枷打, 打
The flail is often not used today, but in the past it was indispensable for grinding crops.
连耞虽然平时不常使用, 但在打碾庄稼的时节, 谁家也离不开它。
9.punch: 以拳重击
He blacked her eye with that one punch.
他用那一猛拳把她的眼眶打得发青。
10.folk: 父母
11.intercom: 对讲机
Disclaimer: I believe in this so strongly that I now work full time on Intercom.
免责声明:我深切地相信这一点,现在我全部时间都在内部通话装置上工作。
12.buzzer: 嗡嗡作声的东西
The buzzer interrupts their thoughts as the cell doors in A-Wing slide open.
蜂鸣器的响声打断了他们的思绪,A区的牢房门打开了。
短语学习:
1.along with: 连同……一起
And in this mobile world, you have to carry it along with you.
在这个移动的世界里,你又得无时不刻地带着它们。
2.according to: 按照,根据
The paintings have been grouped together according to the style of different periods of the artist's life.
将该画家的作品根据他生活的不同时期进行了归类。
3.pick up: 捡起,拾起
Please pick up those cups and saucers.
请把那些杯子和碟子收拾好。
4.in protest: 抗议,反对
They walked out of parliament in protest at the violence this week.
他们退出议会以抗议本周发生的暴力事件。
5.look up: 向上看,抬头看
Amateur astronomers - and nature people in general - are people who sometimes stop to look up, and to take the time to find out about what they see.
天文爱好者——以及所有热爱自然的人们,有时会停下来仰望天空,还会花时间去求索他们眼中所见东西的秘密。
6.reach out: 伸出
We should be confident enough to reach out to them.
所以我们要有足够的自信,向他们伸出我们的手。