《老友记》视听精讲第210期:世上最自然美丽的事情
日期:2013-02-16 14:15

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

Monica: Ok, these were unbelievably expensive, and I know he's gonna grow out of them in like, 20 minutes, but I couldn't resist.
好,这些让人难以置信地昂贵,我知道他很快就穿不下,但是我就是无法抗拒。
Phoebe: Oh, look at these! Hey, Ben. Just do it. Oh my god, oh, ok, was that too much pressure for him?
看看这些,Ben。要做就去做。哦,天啊,哦,好,是不是对他压力太大?
Susan: Oh, is he hungry already?
哦,他是不是已经饿了?
Carol: I guess so.
我想是的。
Chandler: You know, it's... something funny about sneakers. I'll be right back.
你知道的,运动鞋真的很有趣。我马上就回来。
Joey: I gotta get one, too.
我也要一个。
Ross: What are you guys doing?
你们在干什么?
Chandler: We're just hanging out by the spoons or Ladle?
我们只是过来看看调羹和长柄杓。
Ross: Look, would you guys grow up. That is the most natural beautiful thing in the world.
看你们,能成熟一点好吗?这是世上最自然美丽的事情。
Joey: Yeah, we know, but there's a baby sucking on it.
我们知道担心在有个婴儿在吸它。
Ross: This is my son having lunch, ok? It's gonna happen a lot, so you'd better get used to it. Now if you have any problem with it, if you're uncomfortable, just ask questions. Carol's fine with it, now come on.
这是我儿子在吃午餐,好不好?会经常发生,所以你们最好习惯。如果你们在这方面有问题,如果你们感到不自在,那就问问题。Carol不介意的,现在赶快来呀。
Chandler: Carol, Carol? I was just wondering if Joey could ask you a question about breastfeeding?
Carol,Carol?我想问问Joey能不能提出关于母乳哺乳的问题?
Carol: Sure.
当然可以。
Joey: Uh, does it hurt?
嗯,会不会痛?
Carol: It did at first, but not anymore.
刚开始会,现在不会了。
Joey: Chandler?
Chandler?
Chandler: So, uh, how often can you do it?
你能多久喂一次?
Carol: As much as he needs.
只要他需要就可以。
Joey: Ok, I got one, I got one. If he blows into one, does the other one get bigger?
好,我想到了一个问题,一个问题。如果他向其中一个里面吹气,那另一个会不会变大?

影片简介

Carol给本喂奶,Joey和Chandler赶紧回避。Phoebe为确认奶水的温度,尝了尝奶瓶里的母乳,Ross反应强烈,成人怎么可以喝人奶呢?Julie邀人购物,Phoebe怕得罪Rachel,借故推脱,Monica为表示友善答应同去:虽然偷偷摸摸,但却欲盖弥彰,Rachel最终发现真相,感觉自己被背叛。两人的争吵听来仿佛Monica有了“外遇”。

划红精讲

背景知识:

20 minutes: 夸张的说法,说明这双鞋孩子很快就会穿不下

Just do it : 耐克运动鞋的广告语,要做就去做

gonna=going to: [美国口语]将要 gotta=have got to: [美俚]必须

短语讲解:

1. grow out of

(1) 因长大或改变而不再有(某行为、兴趣等)

eg. Most children who stammer grow out of it.
大部分口吃的孩子长大后就好了。

(2) 长大穿不下(原来的衣物)

eg. You've grown out of your shoes again.
你又长得穿不上你的鞋了。

2. hang out

(1) 晾出

eg. I was worried I wouldn't be able to hang my laundry out.
我担心不能把洗的衣服晾到外面去。

(2) 闲逛

eg. I often used to hang out in supermarkets.
我过去常常到超市闲逛。

3. get used to: 习惯于,惯于

eg. We get used to this way of speaking, that there has to be an action.
我们习惯了这种必须有一个行动来表达的说话方式。

4. have problem with: 在……方面有问题

eg. You have problem with your cervical vertebra.
您患的是颈椎病。

5. be fine with: 对某方面不介意的

eg. My mobile phone will be fine with your phone number in it.
有了你的电话我的手机就没问题了。

6. blow into:[俚]偶然来访,出其不意地出现;向……里面吹气

eg. She tied her hair up so that it didn't blow into her eyes.
她把头发扎起来,以免吹进眼里。

分享到
重点单词
  • uncomfortableadj. 不舒服的,不自在的
  • laundryn. 洗衣店,要洗的衣服,洗衣
  • pressuren. 压力,压强,压迫 v. 施压
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • resistv. 抵抗,反抗,抵制,忍住 n. 防蚀涂层