《老友记》视听精讲第326期:听妈妈话的盖勒兄妹
日期:2014-02-19 09:14

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Let's do it! Ross?
来吧,罗斯?
What?
什么?
Do you wanna play football?
想玩足球吗?
Um, Monica and I aren't supposed to play football.
摩妮卡跟我都不能玩足球
Says who? Your mom?
谁说的?你妈?
Well, every, every Thanksgiving um, we used to have a touch football game called the 'Geller Bowl.'
以前每年圣诞节我们都玩触身美式足球,叫做盖勒杯。
No, no, no, you say that proudly.
不…你的口气要很骄傲才对
Anyway, Ross and I were always captains, and um, it got kind've competitive and one year, Geller Bowl VI, I accidentally broke Ross's nose.
反正罗斯跟我每次都当队长,竞争越来越激烈。有一年,第六届盖勒杯,我不小心打断罗斯的鼻子。
It was soo not an accident. She saw I was about to tag her, so she threw her big fat grandma arm elbow right into my face. And just keep running.
你是故意的,她看到我就快抱住她,就用她的…大胖手肘撞我的脸,然后拼命往前跑。
To score the winning touchdown, by the way.
因此赢得致胜的一分
Whoa, whoa, whoa, ho, ho, ho, you did not win the game, the touchdown didn't count, because of the spectacularly illegal, oh and by the way savage nose breaking.
你没有赢,那次得分不算。因为你公然犯规,野蛮地打断我的鼻子。
(to Chandler and Joey) I won the game.
我赢了
Oh yeah! Then how come you didn't get the Geller Cup?
是吗?那你怎么没得到盖勒杯?
Um, there was a Geller Cup?
有盖勒杯?
Yes, it was the trophy you got if you won the game. But our Dad said, 'nobody won that game, ' and he was sick of our fighting, so he took the trophy and....threw it in the lake.
对,这是赢球的奖品,但爸爸说我们谁都没赢。他受够了我们打来打去,所以他把奖品…丢进湖里。
And was the curse lifted?
这个诅咒解除了没有?
Anyway. That's when our Mom said we were not to play football ever again.
反正……妈妈说我们不能再玩足球了

影视精讲


be supposed to 应该
Journalists are supposed to be politically neutral.
新闻工作者在政治上应持中立态度。

by the way 顺便说一句
By the way, what time is it?
顺便问一下,现在几点了?

be sick of 厌烦,受够了
You must be sick of wearing the same clothes.
老穿一件衣服,你一定觉得很厌烦了.
I am sure you must be sick of all our noise.
我相信我们吵吵闹闹肯定会使您心烦。

lift the curse 解除诅咒
Only to die in order to lift the curse
只有死了才能摆脱诅咒。
And was the curse lifted?
这个诅咒解除了没有?



分享到
重点单词
  • competitiveadj. 竞争的,比赛的
  • trophyn. 奖品,战利品
  • cursen. 诅咒,咒骂,祸端 vt. 咒骂,诅咒,使受罪 vi
  • elbown. 手肘,急弯,扶手 v. 用手肘推开,推挤
  • neutraladj. 中立的,中性的 n. 中立者,空挡的,素净色
  • illegaladj. 不合法的,非法的 n. 非法移民
  • scoren. 得分,刻痕,二十,乐谱 vt. 记分,刻划,划线,
  • bowln. 碗,碗状物,季后赛,圆形露天剧场 v. 打保龄球,
  • savageadj. 野性的,凶猛的,粗鲁的,荒野的 n. 野蛮人,