《老友记》视听精讲第255期:我不能为了得到角色跟人家上床
日期:2013-04-22 11:03

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

CHAN: Whoa, whoa, so I'm guessing you didn't get the part, or... uh, Italy called and said it was hungry.
我猜你没有得到那个角色…或是意大利来电说它饿了。
JOEY: Well, the part's mine if I want it.
不,我要的话那角色就是我的。
CHAN: Oh my God!
老天啊。
JOEY: Yeah, if I'm willing to sleep with the casting lady.
对呀,只要我愿意跟选角小姐上床的话。
CHAN: Oh my... God?
老天啊?
JOEY: Ten years I've been waiting for a break like this Chandler, ten years! I mean, Days of Our Lives. That's actually on television.
我等了十年才等到这个机会,钱德。我是说”我们的日子”那真的会在电视上播出。
CHAN: So, what're you gonna do?
那你要怎么做?
JOEY: Well, I guess I could sleep with her... I mean, how could I do that?
我可以跟她上床…但我怎么能够那么做呢?
CHAN: Well, I... I've got a pop-up book that told me everything I need to know.
我有一本教我关于性的一切的立体书。
JOEY: I've never slept with someone for a part.
我从没有为了角色跟人家上床过。
CHAN: Well is she...
那么她是…
JOEY: Sorry.
抱歉。
CHAN: It's alright. Is she good-looking?
她长得好看吗?
JOEY: Yeah, she's totally good looking. I mean, if I met her in a bar, or something, I'd be buying her breakfast. You know, after having slept with her.
好看,她长得非常的好看若我在酒吧认识她的话……我一定会请她吃早餐。你知道,我是说跟她上床之后。
CHAN: Y'know, maybe this isn't such a big deal. Y'know, I mean, the way that I see it is you get a great job andyou get to have sex. Y'know, I mean, throw in a tree and a fat guy and you've got Christmas.
乔伊,或许这没什么大不了的。依我看你不但得到一份好工作还可以跟她上床,也许再加上一棵树跟胖子就像圣诞树了。
JOEY: I just... I just don't think that I want it that way though, y'know? I mean, let's say I do make it, alright? I'm always gonna look back and wonder if it was because of my talent or because of.. y'know, the Little General.
我只是不希望那样得到这份工作,就说有一天万一我成名好了,我会怀疑那到底是因为我的才华,还是因为我的…你知道,我的小将军。

影视精讲


乔伊的经纪人暗示他如果想得到角色,就得跟选角小姐上床,而乔伊不愿意这么做。

1. be willing to v.乐于
eg. Are you willing to accept responsibility?
你愿意承担责任吗?

2. break n. <口>机会 好运
“break a leg”可被列为演艺圈、尤其是戏剧界的“行话”,朋友若要上台演出,你大可对他/她说:“Play well, Jack--break a leg!”(杰克,好运!祝你演出成功)<口>

3. pop-up book
n.Rising to form a three-dimensional(adj.立体的,三维的) structure when a page is opened
eg. pop-up picture book
立体图书 <俚><俚><俚><俚>

分享到